East Coast NTers...First an Earthquake, now a Hurricane? Vol. Irene

Son. How am I looking outside and the ground is DRY.

Like I predicted 20 pages ago, this would be a tropical storm, nothing new. The rains we got a week or so ago in BK were stronger than this storm. Granted the winds were stronger this time, but I still had my windows cracked all night.

About to go outside to the boardwalk and see how the beach is looking for tomorrow

West Side Highway NYC
6f08m0.jpg

Originally Posted by diew its james

does anyone know a list of areas where there are power outages? specifically in the NYC area. thanks

I've been without power all morning I'm in Nassau easternLong island

Did they say where specifically? I I want to walk by lolIm in a no flood zone so nothing big here I don't think.... Some of the flood prone areas like jersey, and Rockaway, and long beach etc are flooded like crazy.... Thank god I don't live in those areas. I don't see subways working properly tomorrow in NYC
Originally Posted by furiousstylezz

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

damn....if you see channel 7, they were showing the damage on a street in east elmhurst, queens�
eek.gif
wow...all the poles snapped, the wires are down, trees all over the place....looks like hell
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/video?id=8331700

Not too far from there. Smh if there aren't any cops back there.

Originally Posted by youngcurse

i think that i'm overly prepared if the hurricane was to change its course and head closer into Maryland. I also think that the media is instilling fear in us all , just so we'll run out and buy everything in sight , in return its helping the economy.

Mez, if you're asking about that ABC report they said it was on Erickson St between 25th and 27th avenue.

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

i think that i'm overly prepared if the hurricane was to change its course and head closer into Maryland. I also think that the media is instilling fear in us all , just so we'll run out and buy everything in sight , in return its helping the economy.

Countless people couldn't get to work and tons of businesses were closed this weekend...
Why am I the only one failing to see how some battery sales and grocery shopping managed to completely offset that and help the economy?
Someone explain please.

Originally Posted by kilojules64

Countless people couldn't get to work and tons of businesses were closed this weekend...
Why am I the only one failing to see how some battery sales and grocery shopping managed to completely offset that and help the economy?
Someone explain please.
Only you can answer that. 

Originally Posted by Proshares

Mez, if you're asking about that ABC report they said it was on Erickson St between 25th and 27th avenue.

Erickson street? I not even sure where that is and I live in elmhurst lol

Someone explain please.

That's not what I wanted explained, I should have been more clear
eyes.gif

How did grocery and battery sales offset closed businesses and a shut down mass transit system?

Someone explain please.

This fkin guy, always with the slick answers...get outta here with your bullcrap homey.

Someone explain please.

That's not what I wanted explained, I should have been more clear
eyes.gif

How did grocery and battery sales offset closed businesses and a shut down mass transit system?

If my people were failing for all the hype the media has created then I can kinda see it. Shh get wild in walmarts down here when a hurricane is about to hit...
but the MTA makes millions everyday so not sure

30t6p3b.gif
 at that bestbuy in jersey was selling water for $40

Someone explain please.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Someone explain please.

This fkin guy, always with the slick answers...get outta here with your bullcrap homey.
embarassed.gif
 Wouldn't want to be on the bad side of a NT'er
laugh.gif
... Use the ignore feature
happy.gif

Did anyone experience a thunder that was distinctly different?
Wasn't the typical crackle you get, more of an explosion/mortar going off?

power was out for a an hour and a half....just came back though. thank god, was hoping to make pizza tonight
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Someone explain please.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by Proshares

Erickson street? I not even sure where that is and I live in elmhurst lol
The Indian guy in the polo was actually a family member of mine
laugh.gif
Still don't know where that is though
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom