eBay about to win the sneaker reselling title. . . . . . NO MORE FEES

EBay announced today that its e-commerce platform is eliminating fees for the first time ever on any sneakers sold at $100 or more.
The promotion will apply to sellers exclusively in the North America region who are listing their products in the 'Athletic Shoes' category, removing the cost of the typical listing fee as well as the selling fee that's applied during the start and the end of the sale. According to a representative, the program will continue to be evaluated throughout the course of 2020.
Additionally, in celebration of the holidays, eBay has teamed up with Stadium Goods to sell a bevy of Adidas Yeezy Boost 700 styles dropping throughout the week below retail pricing, including the "Analog" colorway available now for $215.
The marketplace is also hosting a seven-day event that runs from Dec. 19 to Dec. 26, auctioning off some of the most coveted styles that released this year including Travis Scott x Air Jordans, Sacai x LDWaffles, Off-White x Nike Air Force 1 Low "MCA," and more.
"As the originator of the sneaker resale game, eBay continues to be a top source for emerging and collectible styles, and with high demand, we want our sellers and buyers to get in on the action,” said Jeff Chan, eBay's Head of Men’s Footwear and Apparel. “For our community of diehard sneakerheads, eliminating selling fees allows them to turn their kicks into more cash to fund future purchases, and results in a more robust sneaker inventory for shoppers everywhere.”

Consumers still have to pay tax. Sellers are still going to be on IG and Twitter.
Tax is a inevitable inconvenience. Avoiding it can hurt you, Ask Wesley Snipes.

How much faith you gonna put on ig and Twitter, that the mf'er won't deliver as promise and run off with your money.

Tax is a inevitable inconvenience. Avoiding it can hurt you, Ask Wesley Snipes.

How much faith you gonna put on ig and Twitter, that the mf'er won't deliver as promise and run off with your money.

That's what PayPal and meetups are for. I don't buy anything with a gift invoice.

Consumers still have to pay tax. Sellers are still going to be on IG and Twitter.

actually naw, eBay works really well with google in da sense that if you title your auction accurately and include da style number, if someone randomly googles a pair of shoes they're interested in and you're selling em, they'll pop up in da results.

I don't meetup either, but that's how people are getting around selling on the sites.
I aware of that but c'mon son.
You really think Billy from whiteplains gonna come to pink houses to meet tyrek and his crew for a easy transaction?

They offered me $15-$20 off anything that sold over $100 awhile back. They must be getting desperate.

They take about 10%. How are they going to be making money now?

I also wouldn't trust the average buyer for items above $100. eBay has been anti seller for years. Very little recourse for someone saying you sold them fakes or not as described.

Maybe I'm just out of the game too long. I didn't realize GOAT was that popular
Too many people over spending on garbage still I see

Last edited:
they want that old thang back. eBay said pull all them kicks off SX and bring em back here like you used to

Apparently there's a coupon code active right now. $100 off any single $300 pair of 'shoes'. Code is PAIREDUP. It works on an item I threw in my cart. I'll never drop $200 on a pair so it is what it is.

Sellers are gonna get scammed by The buyers returning a fake pair and or person states the shoe is fake (when you Bought the shoe at FNL etc) with claim. Case will always go to the buyer. This wastes the sellers time. There should be like a receiving contract for the buyer signing a statement that the item received was examined by buyer and noted to be authentic after inspection. After signing said statement buyer wont be able to charge back / place a claim on the shoe; the selling process ends there / no need to worry about future claims or false claims.

I used to make a killing selling shoes on eBay. Not even limited. Talking GRs. Anyway, be cautious of selling expensive things on eBay. Their policies favor the buyer and not the seller. Too many horror stories of people shipping a brick in a box and stating they got fakes. eBay sides with the buyer and gives them a refund.

eBay is the wild wild west now. Some mofo sold me "genuine" Toyota spark plugs back in February. The seller had 10,000+ sold items and 99% rating. Three months later my engine starts misfiring. Come to find out the spark plugs were Chinese counterfeit. It was packaged and stamped to look like OEM. Box and everything.

Reported dude and got a refund but eBay is still letting him sell counterfeits to this day. They don't care as long as they get their fee.

Back
Top Bottom