eBAY auctions won...don't post live links

The second and third pairs look as though they mave been tried on at some point - the creasing is very visible.

Still a hell of a deal.

Also, not to start a war, but if a shoe has been tried on "in-store" it is defensible to call that shoe DS, IMO.

If you were to really find dead. stock. by raiding a mom and pop's basement, for example, it's quite possible that any of those shoes you come across were tried on at one point.

I think that at some point, the term got disconnected from its etymology. Deadstock was essentially dead stock - basically a noun. Deadstock - referring to older shoes left unsold or stashed in a store room, i.e. there's a ton of dead stock in that store room. Then, the term became an adjective synonymous with "new."

I only offer this up to you because you're my boy and clearly capable of an adult discussion on the topic. Interested to hear your opinion.

Last edited:
That's called real leather. Just took the shape of however it was laying in the box.

I know what real leather is my man - I worked retail for several years and I've seen what even putting your foot in a sneaker does. Sometimes I had to argue with management that some joints were unsellable at full price due to them being tried on multiple times. Your statement is kinda contradictory too - as the right pair of the White/Red AZG looks like it may have been tried on while the left pair is flawless.

Either way you came across a helluva deal or a steal - I would've paid a max of $100 each for those even if they were listed as VVNDS. Props to you!

Still a hell of a deal.

Also, not to start a war, but if a shoe has been tried on "in-store" it is defensible to call that shoe DS, IMO.

If you were to really find dead. stock. by raiding a mom and pop's basement, for example, it's quite possible that any of those shoes you come across were tried on at one point.

I think that at some point, the term got disconnected from its etymology. Deadstock was essentially dead stock - basically a noun. Deadstock - referring to older shoes left unsold or stashed in a store room, i.e. there's a ton of dead stock in that store room. Then, the term became an adjective synonymous with "new."

I only offer this up to you because you're my boy and clearly capable of an adult discussion on the topic. Interested to hear your opinion.

Agreed BIP, he got one hell of a deal/steal on not one but four pairs.

Based on my retail experiences I'm a bit wary about using the word 'DS' to describe anything that may have been tried on, simply because I've had to ask people to take shoes off that they were 'trying on' for 2 hours at my store! :x Then you have the cats that want to experience the 'boing' of the Shox or the 'responsiveness' of Zoom by jumping up and down repeatedly! LOL

You're on the money with your definition of DS and new jacks need to take note of it - it should be applied to shoes that have at best only been taken out from their box and looked at. That said the 'sneaker game' is convoluted and DS/BNIB are being used to describe product that's been worn these days. :smh: However I think it's OK to use the term DS if there's context behind it - say you bought a pair of kicks sight unseen (which is common these days due to hype), got home, tried them on (on carpet preferably) and realized that they don't fit.

Right.

I try to list shoes that I sell by objective standards. New means new - i.e. these have not been placed on feet. I think it's reasonable to stretch that definition as you say - basically, "new" is equivalent to what you'd expect to be the case if you went to a sneaker store and they pulled a box from the back. If a guy was there the day before and slipped his foot into the shoe, only to then have to ask for a .5 size up 10 seconds later - that's still new, and it's reasonable for a shoe store to sell it as new. So, it's reasonable for you or I to do the same.

When I listed shoes that I've worn - I don't leave it at NDS, VNDS, VVVVNDS, or whatever people say (though I may include that in the headline because that's what people are going to look for, and when in Rome...). However, in the body of the listing, I say "worn X times" If I don't know for certain - I estimate. Worn 6 - 10 times. ...And, a wear is a wear! Out to walk the dog for 15 minutes - that's a wear.

To relate this all back to the topic, scrutinize the way people categorize a shoe on ebay.

Last edited:
Right.

I try to list shoes that I sell by objective standards. New means new - i.e. these have not been placed on feet. I think it's reasonable to stretch that definition as you say - basically, "new" is equivalent to what you'd expect to be the case if you went to a sneaker store and they pulled a box from the back. If a guy was there the day before and slipped his foot into the shoe, only to then have to ask for a .5 size up 10 seconds later - that's still new, and it's reasonable for a shoe store to sell it as new. So, it's reasonable for you or I to do the same.

When I listed shoes that I've worn - I don't leave it at NDS, VNDS, VVVVNDS, or whatever people say (though I may include that in the headline because that's what people are going to look for, and when in Rome...). However, in the body of the listing, I say "worn X times" If I don't know for certain - I estimate. Worn 6 - 10 times. ...And, a wear is a wear! Out to walk the dog for 15 minutes - that's a wear.

To relate this all back to the topic, scrutinize the way people categorize a shoe on ebay.

Amen BIP, there are some posts that deserve a sticky - this is one of them.

I know what real leather is my man - I worked retail for several years and I've seen what even putting your foot in a sneaker does. Sometimes I had to argue with management that some joints were unsellable at full price due to them being tried on multiple times. Your statement is kinda contradictory too - as the right pair of the White/Red AZG looks like it may have been tried on while the left pair is flawless.

Either way you came across a helluva deal or a steal - I would've paid a max of $100 each for those even if they were listed as VVNDS. Props to you!

I realize my reply may have been perceived as a rude response. Just to clear things up, I meant nothing negative by it.

very happy
tongue.gif
, good week on eBay for me.

College Blue XVII- $29.46 shipped
6lbke86.jpg

pimp.gif

Metallic Silver I- $48.00 shipped
8ektmz8.jpg

pimp.gif

OG Taxi XII- $65.00 shipped
87jx4r5.jpg

pimp.gif

and last but certainly not least...

Laney V- $82.00 shipped
7xwvz8o.jpg

pimp.gif

i love ebay =]
WOW LANEYS 5 and TAXIs for under $85 ... nice cop

I sure love ebay, where I get most of my shoes these days, here are a few of the shoes I snagged this year, got some others straight through invoice so they aren't here

My favorite of all of these pickups were the 85 royal 1s which cleaned up really well..

Back
Top Bottom