eBay buyer giving trouble - need advice from OG NTers

NT, What would you do?

-You sell DS sneakers (never worn never laced) on eBay to a 3 week old eBayer with low feedback

-You get PayPal payment and ship double boxed, secure sneakerbox shut, USPS

-Buyer complains saying sneakers were creased during shipping, demands refund

-After replying to buyer, restating no return policy on eBay description, and stating that sneakers were packaged carefully, and it was impossible for them to crease - even if sneakerbox moved in shipping box, wouldn't cause creases - especially on toe area

-Buyer sends one picture of sneakers creasing, stating they were creased in several places, and then resorts to curse words

-Buyer then opens claim with eBay and money is frozen in PayPal

-You have several pictures before shipping showing there were no creases

What would you do? Thanks in advance NT brethren.

NT, What would you do?

-You sell DS sneakers (never worn never laced) on eBay to a 3 week old eBayer with low feedback

-You get PayPal payment and ship double boxed, secure sneakerbox shut, USPS

-Buyer complains saying sneakers were creased during shipping, demands refund

-After replying to buyer, restating no return policy on eBay description, and stating that sneakers were packaged carefully, and it was impossible for them to crease - even if sneakerbox moved in shipping box, wouldn't cause creases - especially on toe area

-Buyer sends one picture of sneakers creasing, stating they were creased in several places, and then resorts to curse words

-Buyer then opens claim with eBay and money is frozen in PayPal

-You have several pictures before shipping showing there were no creases

What would you do? Thanks in advance NT brethren.

I think at this point it's up to paypal. I would take the L, get the shoes back and give him a refund. Better than losing the $$ and the shoes IMO

I think at this point it's up to paypal. I would take the L, get the shoes back and give him a refund. Better than losing the $$ and the shoes IMO

Thanks for the quick reply.
Only problem is the shoes are now creased, and this seems like the type of buyer who would even send back a different pair or fakes

The claim was made on eBay, should I counter the claim on eBay and start something on PayPal?

Only problem is the shoes are now creased, and this seems like the type of buyer who would even send back a different pair or fakes

The claim was made on eBay, should I counter the claim on eBay and start something on PayPal?

Originally Posted by BlazeA4

get your money out of paypal asap...continue with your no return policy what you see is what you get 

Originally Posted by BlazeA4

get your money out of paypal asap...continue with your no return policy what you see is what you get 

sounds like the guy got them and didn't like them, he probably tried them on himself.

I don't see you losing the claim over this, just follow up with the ebay/paypal claim if they ask for info.

sounds like the guy got them and didn't like them, he probably tried them on himself.

I don't see you losing the claim over this, just follow up with the ebay/paypal claim if they ask for info.

He tried them on himself and then decided he didn't want them anymore. Your pictures used during the auction compared to his are all you need. Cooperate with both eBay and Paypal. Sucks that this happens though.

He tried them on himself and then decided he didn't want them anymore. Your pictures used during the auction compared to his are all you need. Cooperate with both eBay and Paypal. Sucks that this happens though.

Thank you all, that's all I needed to hear - as a 15 year collector and 10 year NT OG, it's good to get support.
Some investigation revealed the buyer also runs a sneaker store online.

Thanks again, I'm in the process of replying to eBay and PayPal.

Thank you all, that's all I needed to hear - as a 15 year collector and 10 year NT OG, it's good to get support.
Some investigation revealed the buyer also runs a sneaker store online.

Thanks again, I'm in the process of replying to eBay and PayPal.

Sounds like he may be returning a fake pair. I bet they were jordans or lebrons. That type of demographic seems well equiped for fraud.

Sounds like he may be returning a fake pair. I bet they were jordans or lebrons. That type of demographic seems well equiped for fraud.

Back
Top Bottom