eBay scam?? I don't know , I'm a new seller

I gotta make a Paypal tips for a new seller thread come spring time.

Plan on unloading my entire collection and I'm trying to do everything possible to not get scammed.

ebay...srs business. Strictly for live men, not for freshmen.
Ayo
sick.gif
How is that exactly ayo?

Go ahead and report the seller than relist the item. Buyer isnt going to send any money even with you waiting.

dont bother with ebay dude

sell on here iss or your local CR
Prices in the NT classified are generally 
sick.gif
laugh.gif
 and
mean.gif
 at the same time.

When the site changed a couple years back it went to hell.

Last edited:
foreverdani808

Added to my eBay buyer block list. :smh: at this clown's ID history.

foreverdani808 Jan-13-14 Present
0hyufancyhuh Oct-24-13 Jan-13-14
foreverdani808 Oct-19-13 Oct-24-13

What's worse is that this person has pulled this in the past. If you search foreverdani808 in Google, the first result you can see

SHE/HE IS A SCAM. DONT REPLY AFTER YOU SEND $ Nov-05-13 13:04. Buyer: foreverdani808

and left a negative feedback :x

Pretty messed up only buyers can leave negative feedback while sellers can only leave positive. :smh:

Prices in the NT classified are generally :x  , :lol:  and :smh:  at the same time.

its not that bad in fact the buy and sell is alot better then years ago

its just the lowballers lol

Prices in the NT classified are generally :x  , :lol:  and :smh:  at the same time.

its not that bad in fact the buy and sell is alot better then years ago

its just the lowballers lol

theres a guy selling those 3m nike dunk low's from 2003 for $200 smh lol. I bought those shoes on the clearance rack at finishline for $40.00.

theres a guy selling those 3m nike dunk low's from 2003 for $200 smh lol. I bought those shoes on the clearance rack at finishline for $40.00.

i dont know what to tell you

im sure he got them at the same price

all i know is my prices are fair for what i'm selling

Last edited:
ALSO another tip for you new Ebay sellers. MAKE SURE YOU SEND WITH SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION FOR ANYTHING OVER $250!!

That's Paypal's policy! Even if you sent something $250+ with Delivery Confirmation/Tracking and it was confirmed that it was delivered, the buyer can easily file a PP Chargeback and say they didn't receive the item. And PP will refund them their money, just because you didn't follow their policy.

ALSO another tip for you new Ebay sellers. MAKE SURE YOU SEND WITH SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION FOR ANYTHING OVER $250!!

That's Paypal's policy! Even if you sent something $250+ with Delivery Confirmation/Tracking and it was confirmed that it was delivered, the buyer can easily file a PP Chargeback and say they didn't receive the item. And PP will refund them their money, just because you didn't follow their policy.
 I honestly hate selling on eBay but it's the only place I can offload stuff for a decent price (even with the fees). Every time I sell some thing on there, I pray that 45 days pass with out issue.

Always include delivery confirmation when you sell something, and like poster above said, always include signature confirmation when $250+. These are a must.

Ever since the new eBay buyer protection started, sellers are getting screwed left and right, so be very careful. Set your buyers/bidder requirements to ensure as safe selling as possible. This will help you avoid the "I didn't receive my item, now give me my full refund scam" (mail fraud/illegal), but the one  that scares me most is the "defective item/not what I ordered scam" which happens very often also. A person will buy your item, damage the box a little or something (so it looks legit) and then ask to return it for a full refund, eBay/PP will side with the buyer even if you say no refunds/returns in your listing and will automatically withdraw money from your PP account. The buyer will return the item to you, but many times it's actually a replica or their broken item and they basically replaced their old item with the one you sent and give you back their broken/replica one. Be very careful of charge back scams by ONLY shipping to confirmed PP address. DO NOT ship any where that the buyer ask that is not confirmed by PP.

Be very detailed with your pictures and make sure your listing is completely accurate. Having bad pics/incorrect item details will only hurt your case if you get a claim issued against you, and that will only cause you to get scammed/lose money.

Most of these scams though can be avoided and fought against, just make sure you due your due diligence.

-Always include delivery confirmation (to avoid "not received item, give me a full refund scam")

-Always include signature confirmation when an item sells for above $250 (to avoid "not received item, give me a full refund scam" due to PP policy)

-DO NOT ship anywhere outside of a confirmed PP address (to avoid charge back scam/ I didn't receive my item scam)

-Always include detailed pics with correct item details in listing (to avoid defective item/not what I ordered scam)

- Never ship anything until PP & eBay have confirmed purchase from buyer. They will send you emails to confirm payment and also your sellers page should be updated to show items that have been paid for with the icons. PP also shows logs of your recent activity on your account home page, so if there is no activity, then there hasn't been a payment.

In some cases like a charge back due to stolen PP account or credit card, PP will eat the loss if your item is covered by seller protection. Same with charge backs for defective item/not what I ordered claims, if the item you sold is eligible for PP seller protection, they'll eat the claim if insurance is rejected. Also, know that Paypal will hold all the money that you get from a purchase up to 21 days if your a new seller (under 25 feedback?) or have been registered for less than 6 months(?). Something like that, and a buyer as up to 45 days to issue a claim with Paypal. SAVE ALL MESSAGES, RECEIPTS FOR SHIPPING LABELS, etc. that has to do with a sale for 45 days just in case something comes up.

Last edited:

Exactly!!!! Dudes trying to get rich in there. I remember when there were deals to be had, now you see guys asking over ebay prices...

if the payment is pending on paypal then everything is ok on ebay since you're a new seller it wont show up., the faster you put down the information like tracking number etc after a while of doing that... you should get your money after a few minutes...

this happen to me before.. but then again you can never be too sure.

if the payment is pending on paypal then everything is ok on ebay since you're a new seller it wont show up., the faster you put down the information like tracking number etc after a while of doing that... you should get your money after a few minutes...

this happen to me before.. but then again you can never be too sure.

Ok so can I pay for shipping labels using my paypal account? I had the buyer pay for shipping , what do I do?

Ok so can I pay for shipping labels using my paypal account? I had the buyer pay for shipping , what do I do?
It should've been added to the total you received from paypal, selling an item for $300 is the same as selling it for $280 + $20 shipping, it all adds up to $300 in paypal. Yes you can print & pay for your label through paypal and I honestly recommend it due to less margin for error unlike manually doing it at the post office or on your own. Also, they automatically add the tracking # to your listing,etc. so you don't have to do it.

Make sure your shipping to a paypal confirmed address. The address on your label should be the same one as on the email paypal sent you when they told you payment has been received.

Recently sold a pair of 11's on ebay, still waiting on the $$ to be approved to my account. Sucks so much.

Last edited:
It should've been added to the total you received from paypal, selling an item for $300 is the same as selling it for $280 + $20 shipping, it all adds up to $300 in paypal. Yes you can print & pay for your label through paypal and I honestly recommend it due to less margin for error unlike manually doing it at the post office or on your own. Also, they automatically add the tracking # to your listing,etc. so you don't have to do it.

Make sure your shipping to a paypal confirmed address. The address on your label should be the same one as on the email paypal sent you when they told you payment has been received.

Recently sold a pair of 11's on ebay, still waiting on the $$ to be approved to my account. Sucks so much.

The wait is crazy , I shipped my Olympic 7's out this morning , when should I recieve the money? :smh:

Back
Top Bottom