EBay starter

Just started selling old shut on eBay again

The only issue I ran into is people not leaving feedback
mean.gif
I have three sold items that have already reached the buyer and have yet to receive any feedback. It's been 3 weeks. 
mean.gif

I have three sold items that have already reached the buyer and have yet to receive any feedback. It's been 3 weeks. 
mean.gif
I shipped all my items out immediately, I kept in contact, I emailed them all tracking numbers, I emailed them a free shipping offer on their next items if they left feedback, I INCLUDED BONUS ITEMS IN THEIR PACKAGES. Not one of them left a feedback.

On top of that, I soled Ralph Lauren stuff that would back in my days rack up at least 30.00 a pop, all for like 6.00 and 7.00. eBay is def not the same. I was better off at Plato's closet
sick.gif

I have three sold items that have already reached the buyer and have yet to receive any feedback. It's been 3 weeks. :smh:
I shipped all my items out immediately, I kept in contact, I emailed them all tracking numbers, I emailed them a free shipping offer on their next items if they left feedback, I INCLUDED BONUS ITEMS IN THEIR PACKAGES. Not one of them left a feedback.

They don't care

I message them soon as they pay telling them tanks and that I'll be shipping that same day or next

Message me when I do ship and just saying I left you feedback once you get the item please do the same. Take care

Some would respond with yes I will once received

Those that respond never do :lol:

Let me bump this, because i don't want to make a new thread and i saw this thread and decided to sell some doubles i had.

Years of all these threads about yall getting scammed, it finally happened to me...a buyer is claiming i sold him some fakes.

This dude is saying i sold him some fake joints and filed for a return, i know the shoes are legit, the receipt is posted on the listing, like all my other listings.

So what to do now? Been going back and forth telling him to file the case so we can see what happens, he still hasn't filed it yet, just been calling me a bunch of poor this and poor that via messages. :lol:

Just peeped my paypal balance i have a negative for that amount.

Years of all the threads on here i seen yall say ebay never sides with the seller, so what do i do now? just wait for him to file? i don't want this clown to to send me back some fake stuff. What do i do if i accept the return and he sends me back fakes? Can i file a claim back?

Just this week alone i've sold about 6 pairs of j's on ebay, 11's 4's 6's all DS and legit, only a 3 of the dudes have left feedback tho, no complaints.

I'm kicking myself because i was legit skeptical because dude waiting until the 48 hrs was up to pay, but all my other buyers pay right away.

Dude left me the negative comment, and i got HEAT up for sale, been fielding offers all week now people are going to be apprehensive about buying from me:smh:

Let ya boy know if yall got any advice.

sorry for your troubles. you may have to bite the bullet and do the return because it sounds like this guy is being way to difficult. you should be able to petition eBay to remove the neg feedback if you can maybe show an eBay rep they are authentic with your receipt. its been a while, but i remember them offering to take off a neg. you can also roll the dice and fight the return and prove to PayPal/eBay that you have proof they are legit and the guy just had buyers remorse. buyer sounds like an ***

Last edited:
Honestly theres not much u can do in this situation. Best you can hope for is he really is skeptical about the shoes or has buyers remorse and really wants to send them back. I think if he was really trying to scam u he would have filed the case already. Sometimes people just dont know real from fake and they wanna accuse you just to gauge your response. Looking for you to ease their mind about it. Noobs basically. Best thing you can do is explain they're not fake as rationally as possible and allow him to return if he wants, cause thats gonna be the end result if he files a case anyway. No need to go back and forth with him. Sounds like you might be beyond civil convo with him at this point tho.

You can appeal ebays decision on a case but theres really no way you're gonna be able to prove to them the shoes are real. They not even gonna be trying to hear it. I know supervisors have the authority to credit sellers who feel they got a bad outcome or lost money. Theyve given me like $300 before after i had to refund a buyer. So if worse comes to worse you might wanna call and talk to a supervisor in the dispute dept. and be very very nice lol. If he does open a case you'll wanna csll to and explain your side of it for the record. Tell them ur concerned about him sending fakes back and scamming you. Its best to have as much of your side of the story noted on the account good luck man, it sucks but thats what you have to deal with sometimes, especially with shoes.

Preciate the advice. It says i have until the 15th to issue a refund. Funny i have a copy of the email receipt as a pic on the listing and i also i have a screenshot of my purchases with the shoes listed from the nike plus app. Talking about i photo shopped the receipt and nike app pic. :lol: Offered him cash to come to NT and do a legit check and he stopped responding. I've sold a few pair of Ronnie Fieg's this month on there for alot of bread w/ no problems. He's actually the cheapest sell i've had this weak and the only one complaining. I told him if he had buyer's remorse be truthful and then he started talking about how rich he is that he used to work at a sneaker store and been a head for 20 years. Showed him a picture of my collection, like you really think i own fakes? :lol:

So should i just do the return in hopes he returns me what i sent him or wait it out until he does a case? Kept calling me all type of scums, when i telling him i know my shoes are legit and i think he's going to send me back fakes. I'm like dude i dont' want your lil 250, look at my history i've sold 3 g's worth of shoes this month... i just have an inkling he's going to send me back some frauds. :lol:

I think if his original intent was to fraud he would have filed the case by now. If that was his original intent he already had the fakes and was looking for someone to scam. If not, hes gonna have to find the fakes and buy them. Sounds like he just doesnt know what hes talking about and regrets the purchase. If hes not responding just let it go. Let him open the case. I wouldnt try to fight it if he does open it. But i wouldnt offer the refund out of the blue if hes not responding anymore. I'd definitely block him from bidding on anymore if your auctions rho.

Use this

Omg! That is most definitely NOT the item we sent you! We sent you the item described in our auction.
It seems a postal employee has switched out the item I sent with what you received. Postal theft is a VERY serious federal crime. So, here is what is going to happen:
I'm going to contact your local police department. I'll give them your name, address, eBay user name, PayPal info, and email addresses. The police probably aren't going to do anything, but I'll need the police to file a report so I can give that report number to the postal inspector...
Then I'll call the postal inspector for your zip code. I've dealt with these guys before, and they take their jobs VERY seriously. They are kind of intense, especially if they think a postal employee is involved. The postal inspector will want to talk to you. They will probably show up at your house, but they also like to show up at your work if it's more convenient for them. After they talk to you, they will probably set up an appointment with you to bring you down and get a formal, videotaped statement.
After their investigation, there will be a hearing. You'll be required to testify. It will be a head postal inspector, the postal worker accused, and their union representative. Their union representative kind of acts as their lawyer, but you can imagine what kind of a job they do. I've been through this before, and it's kind of funny. The union representatives use big lawyer words, they try to do a good job, but they are just postal workers themselves, they don't know how to defend anyone. If the worker is old enough, they will be offered early retirement. If not...
Before I start the process, let me know if you could have gotten the item I sent you confused with another one. Did you perhaps order two similar items at about the same time?
Thanks! Let me know!

lil update, i guess Frank you were right dude didn't really want to scam me, i woke up the other day to mad notifications from dude, i thought he was cussing me out again for not doing the return by the deadline, but dude sent mad apology messages. said the shoes were real, i guess he did a legit check somewhere. Got a call from ebay, saying he opened the case to remove the negative and stop the return request.

I never even responded back to dude after ebay called, and it's funny because he's sending offers on other stuff i got up. :smh: Should just block him.

Ebay reads all the messages you send

Trust me they got a whole department dedicated to it

Yeah, they even have a message stating they do.

I made a sale outside of eBay and they sent me a warning for doing that lol

I've been selling on eBay for a minute now but not sneakers. I just sell jerseys and action figures and the only time I got f'ed over was when a buyer claimed he didn't get anything in the package so package your **** properly.

I also got a message warning that I've been selling outside of eBay but I've done it numerous time and only got one warning but to be safe, don't do it. eBay fees is a ***** tho.

Don't worry too much about the warning. At the most they will suspend you for a few days.
They want revenue and suspending sellers is the last thing they want to do.

The age of selling through pp on eBay is done. They caught on and I got a phone call last time I did it. It's not worth getting permabanned because it's difficult to make A new account. It used to be easy to sell through pp to avoid fees but not anymore

Use this

Omg! That is most definitely NOT the item we sent you! We sent you the item described in our auction.
It seems a postal employee has switched out the item I sent with what you received. Postal theft is a VERY serious federal crime. So, here is what is going to happen:
I'm going to contact your local police department. I'll give them your name, address, eBay user name, PayPal info, and email addresses. The police probably aren't going to do anything, but I'll need the police to file a report so I can give that report number to the postal inspector...
Then I'll call the postal inspector for your zip code. I've dealt with these guys before, and they take their jobs VERY seriously. They are kind of intense, especially if they think a postal employee is involved. The postal inspector will want to talk to you. They will probably show up at your house, but they also like to show up at your work if it's more convenient for them. After they talk to you, they will probably set up an appointment with you to bring you down and get a formal, videotaped statement.
After their investigation, there will be a hearing. You'll be required to testify. It will be a head postal inspector, the postal worker accused, and their union representative. Their union representative kind of acts as their lawyer, but you can imagine what kind of a job they do. I've been through this before, and it's kind of funny. The union representatives use big lawyer words, they try to do a good job, but they are just postal workers themselves, they don't know how to defend anyone. If the worker is old enough, they will be offered early retirement. If not...
Before I start the process, let me know if you could have gotten the item I sent you confused with another one. Did you perhaps order two similar items at about the same time?
Thanks! Let me know!
Or he could just report the buyer to eBay pointing out the verbal abuse etc

Ebay reads all the messages you send

Trust me they got a whole department dedicated to it

Yeah, they even have a message stating they do.

I made a sale outside of eBay and they sent me a warning for doing that lol

I've been selling on eBay for a minute now but not sneakers. I just sell jerseys and action figures and the only time I got f'ed over was when a buyer claimed he didn't get anything in the package so package your **** properly.

I also got a message warning that I've been selling outside of eBay but I've done it numerous time and only got one warning but to be safe, don't do it. eBay fees is a ***** tho.

Don't worry too much about the warning. At the most they will suspend you for a few days.
They want revenue and suspending sellers is the last thing they want to do.

The age of selling through pp on eBay is done. They caught on and I got a phone call last time I did it. It's not worth getting permabanned because it's difficult to make A new account. It used to be easy to sell through pp to avoid fees but not anymore

They dont read every message, theres trigger words that flag ur messages, then they read the flagged messages. No way they could read every ebay message. If you stay inconspicuous its still possible, but the risk probably is not worth it.

They dont read every message, theres trigger words that flag ur messages, then they read the flagged messages. No way they could read every ebay message. If you stay inconspicuous its still possible, but the risk probably is not worth it.
I'm all for saving money and f eBay, but in my opinion the risk is not worth the reward. Once you get that permaban life becomes difficult :lol:

I'm all for saving money and f eBay, but in my opinion the risk is not worth the reward. Once you get that permaban life becomes difficult :lol:

I got ways around it, costs money of course

so many options now, but eBay is definitely always the most convenient to get your item so more people to view in my opinion. Definitely have to be careful how you message people to go through Paypal (say PP instead) to get an item cheaper. I've been warned before too and don't do it often but had to though to get yeezys.

Back
Top Bottom