eBay Unappreciation

The only way to make sure you don't get hosed on the fees is to undercharge for the item and overcharge for the shipping, but now they are cracking down onthat. You can still do it a little though.

^ Nope, not any more you cant. eBay created 'maximum shipping charges' now. It's ridiculous how much they dont give a %#!% about the people makingthem money.

Originally Posted by 18key

BTW, does anyone know how long it takes for listings to show up on eBay? Some things I put up arent listed yet. And its been over a day.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by corporateJP

Don't even start me.

No more negative feedback for deadbeat bidders?

**** Ebay.

Somebody needs to start a viable competitor.
That would be nice, but I don't see it happening. That's a huge operation.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
@ eBay.

I have about 10-15 more things im selling on there, and im done.

Its funny how they can r#pe us with these NEW fees but when we raise the shipping price a little higher to balance out, they crack down on us.

Theyre GREEDY and they know it.

I think if Google or a big company did it, they would blow E-gay out of the freaking water!

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Get more exposure and a free subtitle
Offer your buyers free shipping to help generate new sales. How? Until December 31, items listed with free shipping get a free subtitle. Plus, free shipping gives you a boost in search results. Most of all, buyers love it. And now, when buyers leave Feedback, they get a reminder you offered free shipping--a not-so-subtle hint that you deserve a perfect 5 for shipping cost.
Remember, eBay's final value fee was once 3%. Now it's 12%. Just by lowering the listing fees by a couple of cents doesn't make up forthe big gap. Think about it, free shipping = higher starting prices = more money you give to eBay. Honestly, buyers only care about the ending price. There isno differene between $100 + free shipping and $80 + $20 shipping, besides you paying more for the higher starting price. Sure you get some exposure, butmillions of people are on eBay. So what if you don't get a few viewers because your auction doesn't have the free shipping icon or subtitles.You'll get the same exposure with a good gallery picture or catchy title. That's my two cents.
happy.gif

they trick you with the lower listing fee but they get even more from the FVF fees. i don't even charge for shipping anymore. because of their "bestmatch" results, charging shipping makes it harder for people to find your auction.

this is useful to calculate the fees: http://home.alltel.net/micrep/fees.html

I've been done with ebay and paypal for a while now, sucks because I have alot of good things I want to sell but I don't want to deal with ebay or paypal ever again.
I only buy stuff off of ebay now, the fees are ridiculous to sell stuff on that site. I can't say anything good about paypal. Especiallysince a lot of buyers are so reliant on it. That is why when I sell @%+@ on NT, ISS or Craiglist, I insist on meet ups. Painless, and easy, I always offerfree shipping and low prices, dudes still flake with the "You don't have paypal excuse"
eyes.gif
, don't waste my time then. Paypal is a service that caters to the buyer,yet the seller is stuck with the fees, #$%# that!

basically if you use BUY IT NOW, it cost less to list the item. (ie: 35cents) but the Final value fee is ridiculous. if you lets say list an item with astarting bid at the same price of your buy it now, it would cost you more, but the final value fee would be less.

for example i sold 2 pair of shoes. one using buy it now and one using auction. the buy it now pair sold at 200, the final value fee plus the listing fee waswell over 20 dollars. the shoe i had listed as an auction even starting at 200, final value fee + listing fee was only around 10 dollars.

overall ebay fees FTL

Don't even start me.

No more negative feedback for deadbeat bidders?

**** Ebay.

Somebody needs to start a viable competitor.

eventually something will

I would also like to know when stuff starts showing up on eBay after you list it. I've only sold a few items on ebay so I'm not too familiar with it.

People who win items then try to negotiate FTMFL!!!

Chick won some shirts I sold. Then hit me with an email to negotiate price and shipping.

funny, i just lost my powerseller status because i violated a policy (unauthorized item). when i contacted adobe and business star, they agreed that it was amistake on their end and i got to relist the item. but it still counted as a policy violation so they removed my powerseller status. a few more items andi'm done with ebay. terrible management, terrible policies, terrible direction.

Originally Posted by Slaptastic

Paypal is after me because i won an auction, but didnt pay.

they lookin' fo' me.

You're part of the problem, idiot.
Exactly....This is a big reason why they raised their final value fees so high

^ Not only that, but I have about $30 in credit after paying a small fortune in listing and selling fees.

Sure, I'll use those credits at some point, but seriously, they charge fees before buyers even pay for the item (IF they pay for the item).

Dudes like that handicapped poster can catch a beating.

Ebay needs to put these fools out of commission after two item strikes, period.

Ebay, in my opinion , have alienated thousands of angry sellers by not only eliminating negative feedback for lame buyers, but by doing absolutely nothing toeliminate deadbeats.

Google needs to take a serious run at the auction game, and if they do, I'll be one of the first in line to sell.

Peace.

yea F**K ebay they stay robbing me and every other seller but what can i do i gotta get my $$$ some how:. they should only charge for the listing fee:.

Back
Top Bottom