EBAYER PLAYED ME!!! HELP!!!

about a week ago i came accross some cement iv's. i find they are still low in bidding, so i contact the seller if i can get them outright for 300bucks. he agrees. i check out the pics, i post em here on niketalk. theyr legit. turns out i get the shoes today, and they are NOT. i just sent an email to theseller asking for my money back. is there any other step i can make to ensure i get my money back and nothing else?

wow...file a dispute on paypal immediately...put a stop payment on credit card. take it as a lesson learned.

Originally Posted by WestCoastNike

wow...file a dispute on paypal immediately...put a stop payment on credit card. take it as a lesson learned.
on paypal? ok. yea, im really angry with this guy. dont know why i even trusted him. how high a rate of success does this procedure have?

if the dude has emptied his paypal account and has "other" email addresses and paypal accounts, you're screwed. paypal transaction disputes areworthless 80% of the time...just file the dispute immediately and click the option of making the dispute immediate without the sellers reply. good luck andhope you get your money back. put up the ebay seller's name so we all know who to avoid.

Originally Posted by WestCoastNike

if the dude has emptied his paypal account and has "other" email addresses and paypal accounts, you're screwed. paypal transaction disputes are worthless 80% of the time...just file the dispute immediately and click the option of making the dispute immediate without the sellers reply. good luck and hope you get your money back. put up the ebay seller's name so we all know who to avoid.

wait. ur saying i shuld escalate this issue to paypal immideately? i think thats what i want to do. just get paypal involved as soon as possible. theseller is shoegamebsick. avoid him

I try and display this every time this situation comes up because it seems to happen quite frequently and many do not know what to do. If the buyer refuses torefund your money than file a dispute with Pay-pal. Getting your money back from pay-pal is in fact easier than it sounds. Claim that they are fake or notauthentic merchandise. You must go to an authorized dealer of Nike/Jordan Brand (Champs / Finish Line / Foot Locker) and get them to authorize that the goodsthat you got were not authentic merchandise. (It is easier if you have a friend that works at one of these places and is a manger or at least an assistantmanager that can vouch for you but still can be done if you have no relation with them as long as you explain the situation.) Pay Pal will then ask you to faxthem or scan them proof or a statement stating why or how they are not authentic. (That is when most people quit and give up) People have the misconception ofthinking its hard because there is no paper material that any of the authorized dealers give you to say that they are fake. But really, all you must do issimply make your own. View mine done a couple years back (made by me):

I simply just made my own, had the manager at Champs Sports view the shoes, then view my claim, sign it and faxed it back in to pay pal. Had my money backwithin the next 24 hours. Pay-pal had decided in my favor. If the seller has above 50 feedback you are entitled to I believe all your money up to $2000. If hehas under 50 feedback, then you are entitled to up to $200 of your money back. Hopefully this has helped and good luck with trying to get your money back.

Originally Posted by OnlyRetroXi

I try and display this every time this situation comes up because it seems to happen quite frequently and many do not know what to do. If the buyer refuses to refund your money than file a dispute with Pay-pal. Getting your money back from pay-pal is in fact easier than it sounds. Claim that they are fake or not authentic merchandise. You must go to an authorized dealer of Nike/Jordan Brand (Champs / Finish Line / Foot Locker) and get them to authorize that the goods that you got were not authentic merchandise. (It is easier if you have a friend that works at one of these places and is a manger or at least an assistant manager that can vouch for you but still can be done if you have no relation with them as long as you explain the situation.) Pay Pal will then ask you to fax them or scan them proof or a statement stating why or how they are not authentic. (That is when most people quit and give up) People have the misconception of thinking its hard because there is no paper material that any of the authorized dealers give you to say that they are fake. But really, all you must do is simply make your own. View mine done a couple years back (made by me):

I simply just made my own, had the manager at Champs Sports view the shoes, then view my claim, sign it and faxed it back in to pay pal. Had my money back within the next 24 hours. Pay-pal had decided in my favor. If the seller has above 50 feedback you are entitled to I believe all your money up to $2000. If he has under 50 feedback, then you are entitled to up to $200 of your money back. Hopefully this has helped and good luck with trying to get your money back.
Hey man, thanks for this post. I have never been frauded by an eBayer, but just in case, I now know a for sure way to get my money back.

I try and display this every time this situation comes up because it seems to happen quite frequently and many do not know what to do. If the buyer refuses to refund your money than file a dispute with Pay-pal. Getting your money back from pay-pal is in fact easier than it sounds. Claim that they are fake or not authentic merchandise. You must go to an authorized dealer of Nike/Jordan Brand (Champs / Finish Line / Foot Locker) and get them to authorize that the goods that you got were not authentic merchandise. (It is easier if you have a friend that works at one of these places and is a manger or at least an assistant manager that can vouch for you but still can be done if you have no relation with them as long as you explain the situation.) Pay Pal will then ask you to fax them or scan them proof or a statement stating why or how they are not authentic. (That is when most people quit and give up) People have the misconception of thinking its hard because there is no paper material that any of the authorized dealers give you to say that they are fake. But really, all you must do is simply make your own. View mine done a couple years back (made by me):

I simply just made my own, had the manager at Champs Sports view the shoes, then view my claim, sign it and faxed it back in to pay pal. Had my money back within the next 24 hours. Pay-pal had decided in my favor. If the seller has above 50 feedback you are entitled to I believe all your money up to $2000. If he has under 50 feedback, then you are entitled to up to $200 of your money back. Hopefully this has helped and good luck with trying to get your money back.
ah, that looks like it could work. i just escalated the claim to paypal too. hopefully, they reach me soon enough for me to take action. that paperfile you made, were u FORCED to fax it to paypal? could u not have just sent it in via email? is there any options involved in this procedure? well, i DO havea friend that works a finishline and he is a sneakerhead so i have that workin for me. thanks btw

Originally Posted by ericescobar

ah, that looks like it could work. i just escalated the claim to paypal too. hopefully, they reach me soon enough for me to take action. that paper file you made, were u FORCED to fax it to paypal? could u not have just sent it in via email? is there any options involved in this procedure? well, i DO have a friend that works a finishline and he is a sneakerhead so i have that workin for me. thanks btw

I was forced to fax it into Pay-pal... The procedures may have changed since a couple years back but I believe theywill only take it through fax. And its no problem. I have too also been scammed a couple times (as well as I'm sure many other sneaker heads that deal oneBay) and hate to see it happen to others and then just feel hopeless likes there nothing they can do.

yea, i guess ill fex em in. does kinkos offer a fax service? oh, n i will have pics of the fakes as soon as i have time. its pretty obvious

yea, i guess ill fex em in. does kinkos offer a fax service? oh, n i will have pics of the fakes as soon as i have time. its pretty obvious

Yes Kinko's does do faxing services but they charge quite a bit... Like $3 I think per page... OH... and there is one more catch I forgot to mention...Sometimes Pay-pal will ask you to ship the merchandise back out of your own pocket and send them a confirmation number to confirm that they have been sent backto the original seller. I have had cases where they asked me to ship the merchandise back and I have also had cases where I was rewarded my refund as well asnot having to ship the merchandise back.

Yes Kinko's does do faxing services but they charge quite a bit... Like $3 I think per page... OH... and there is one more catch I forgot to mention... Sometimes Pay-pal will ask you to ship the merchandise back out of your own pocket and send them a confirmation number to confirm that they have been sent back to the original seller. I have had cases where they asked me to ship the merchandise back and I have also had cases where I was rewarded my refund as well as not having to ship the merchandise back.
well, i figure a 3 dollar loss to gain back 300 dollars i ok. also, if i have to send the item back, no worries. i just want my money back. dont carebout the stupid fakes. i hope to have my money back within the month

Yes Kinko's does do faxing services but they charge quite a bit... Like $3 I think per page... OH... and there is one more catch I forgot to mention... Sometimes Pay-pal will ask you to ship the merchandise back out of your own pocket and send them a confirmation number to confirm that they have been sent back to the original seller. I have had cases where they asked me to ship the merchandise back and I have also had cases where I was rewarded my refund as well as not having to ship the merchandise back.
well, i figure a 3 dollar loss to gain back 300 dollars i ok. also, if i have to send the item back, no worries. i just want my money back. dont care bout the stupid fakes. i hope to have my money back within the month

Alright then! Good luck to you. Tell us how it all goes down. Hopefully the info will benefit us all in future purchases off eBay.

well, i figure a 3 dollar loss to gain back 300 dollars i ok. also, if i have to send the item back, no worries. i just want my money back. dont care bout the stupid fakes. i hope to have my money back within the month

Alright then! Good luck to you. Tell us how it all goes down. Hopefully the info will benefit us all in future purchases off eBay.
oh ill be sure to do that. i hope ur method works as well for me as it has for u. just need to make an outline or ur template n fill it out. send it topaypal when they ask for it n im good to go hopefully.

YOU LIVE BY EBAY AND YOU DIE BY EBAY. THAT'S WHY I DON'T COP SHOES FROM EBAY CUZ I DON'T TRUST ANYBODY

Originally Posted by yungpyro07

YOU LIVE BY EBAY AND YOU DIE BY EBAY. THAT'S WHY I DON'T COP SHOES FROM EBAY CUZ I DON'T TRUST ANYBODY

well, this is the first time ive been duped. my success rate is still pretty gud on ebay. this WILL NOT happen again tho

if u asked the guy to sell u the kicks for $300 outright i'm assuming he stopped the auction before it ended. did he setup another auction for u with pics?if the original auction or the new one he setup for u DOES NOT say "authentic" and the pics matched the shoes u ended up getting u might be SOL.paypal is only gonna give u a refund if he did something that was not represented in the auction. for example, if he never said they were "authentic"in the actual auction description its your job, as the buyer, to make sure u get what he described. if he never said, in the auction, they were authentic evenif u prove u got fakes he never said they weren't fakes. also, if the pics in the auction description match what u got and u can't prove otherwise thenpaypal may not give ur money back. if he stopped the auction early to sell to u then both of u guys are in violation of ebay rules

if he did not setup another auction for u and u just paid him via paypal without a "contract" i don't know what recourse u have unless u put downin the paypal description portion when u sent him money that the shoes were "authentic", etc....

hope all this makes sense
good luck

yeah paypal is on point. just get your money back. they wont keep your money if you dont have the item. thanks. then file a dispute with the CC

another thing that is a red light on the auction is no hand written tags... Keep us posted tho, i hope you get back your money.

Originally Posted by akira824

if u asked the guy to sell u the kicks for $300 outright i'm assuming he stopped the auction before it ended. did he setup another auction for u with pics? if the original auction or the new one he setup for u DOES NOT say "authentic" and the pics matched the shoes u ended up getting u might be SOL. paypal is only gonna give u a refund if he did something that was not represented in the auction. for example, if he never said they were "authentic" in the actual auction description its your job, as the buyer, to make sure u get what he described. if he never said, in the auction, they were authentic even if u prove u got fakes he never said they weren't fakes. also, if the pics in the auction description match what u got and u can't prove otherwise then paypal may not give ur money back. if he stopped the auction early to sell to u then both of u guys are in violation of ebay rules

if he did not setup another auction for u and u just paid him via paypal without a "contract" i don't know what recourse u have unless u put down in the paypal description portion when u sent him money that the shoes were "authentic", etc....

hope all this makes sense
good luck

Actually its against the law to sell non-authentic, replica, or fake merchandise in any shape of form. He is entitled to at least some money back (up to$200 [seeing how the seller does not have over 50 feedback]) under the condition that he is able to prove that the products he got are indeed non authentic... eBay's policy (below)...

Counterfeits, unauthorized replicas, unauthorized items (such as counterfeit watches, handbags, or other accessories) orunauthorized copies (such as copies of software programs, video games, music albums, movies, television programs, or photographs) are not permitted on eBay.Unauthorized copies include (but are not limited to) copies that are pirated, duplicated, backed-up or bootlegged. It is illegal to sell unauthorized copies ofmedia.

Guideline: If the product you are selling bears the name or logo of a company, but it wasn't made or endorsed by thatcompany, don't list it on eBay.

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

• Listing cancellation

• Limits on account privileges

• Account suspension

• Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

• Loss of PowerSeller status

Back
Top Bottom