Eddie Huangs "fresh off the boat" ...new abc sitcom

I'm not trying to make something out of nothing, but I find the lack of backlash over the title of the show disturbing. I'm not Asian but how is "FOB" not a racial slur?

I don't find it offensive.

I'm not trying to make something out of nothing, but I find the lack of backlash over the title of the show disturbing. I'm not Asian but how is "FOB" not a racial slur?

You can't deny it's an offensive term.

I'm not asian but i remember in high school people used to get into fights when u called someone a FOB.

Guess times have changed?

I relate a lot to this show. I grew up here but I was the only minority in my school for years. The jersey and the tear away pants are accurate as hell for me. I had a very similar childhood. I like this show. Will continue to support

You can't deny it's an offensive term.

It is.

I'll admit I might not be the right one to answer since I'm not a "FOB", but I do have a lot of relatives who are.

And honestly, I've only heard Asians use the word. In some ways it was to distinguish (not really in a negative way) between those who were born here and those who weren't. It's more of a culture thing I guess ...

I think in this context it's reclaimed a source of pride.

Last edited:
I always thought that meant unamericanized or something like that.

Doesnt sound negative to me.

Yessssss
THATS an average Asian chick in San Fran?

*applies to Stanford and UC Berkeley*

That ***** fine as ****... Would deliver D without the slightest hesitation .

You don't even have to apply at those schools, she's from where I am. and she went to a community college here, De Anza.

You don't even have to apply at those schools, she's from where I am. and she went to a community college here, De Anza.
I'm not trying to go to school with her...

I'm trying to bump into her at the grocery store, or ATT buying a phone, or teaching a zumba class....

Nom'sayin'?

I'm not trying to go to school with her...

I'm trying to bump into her at the grocery store, or ATT buying a phone, or teaching a zumba class....

Nom'sayin'?
you not really going to run into Asians at a zumba class bruh. That's a Hispanic thing in Cali. Hit the yoga spots or a crossfit gym or a boba/coffee spot and you Gucci.

george lopez was better

Yes it was. His wife on the show>>>>>>>>>

But back to this show......

I've read the book. Cool to see it come to life!

Music is :smokin

The mom is :smokin

But with all that said i don't think this show see's season 2 .

Last edited:
10954112_1599965606899730_1109140439_n.jpg
10945330_607918005980346_712384786_n.jpg
Jeannie%20Mai-PRN-099242.jpg

Had a crush on her when I was younger, she was on some shows back in the day, can't remember but she said a sideways comment about dating black dudes on The Real(Wifey watches don't judge me[emoji]128516[/emoji]) ever since then can't really look at her the same[emoji]128516[/emoji]
But I like the show...
The quote about biggie had me dying[emoji]128557[/emoji]

Last edited:
^
What'd she say? I've heard her talk about how her frist crush and kiss was her black neighbor and that she's dated black guys before.

I used to think she was really attractive but not a fan of the bleached hair, the fake hair extensions, and all that heavy makeup. Her personality is really perky. Plus whenever she talks she od's on the hand gestures. Looks like she's trying to give signals from the sidelines or dugout.

Last edited:
Yessssss
THATS an average Asian chick in San Fran?

*applies to Stanford and UC Berkeley*

That ***** fine as ****... Would deliver D without the slightest hesitation .

You definitely need to come to the Bay if you think she's "fine." She good looking but there's WAAAAAAAYYYY better everyday asian girls out here.

Anyway, loving the show. Love all the hiphop references thrown in. You can tell Eddie Huang is a true school hiphop head. Even got that Nas illmatic, OG Snoop doggystyle, "G'z and Hustlaz":smokin

The show is funny and good so far. Has just as much potential as Black-ish does, all depends on writing or how much they use from the book. I'll keep up with it. Love the soundtrack.

The complaints for this show are a bit stupid. They're not gonna all talk in Chinese when they're home so the majority of the show can be in captions. THINK. If you wanna be accommodated like that watch some Asian programming.

George Lopez sucks and so did his show. He is not funny AT ALL.

Jeannie Mai is cute/fine with makeup on, just face wise cuz she has no body really. About average with no makeup if you ever seen her without. She married and still has a thing for that black penis.

Last edited:
Just watched the first two episodes, and I'll continue to watch mainly for the soundtrack. It did for some funny moments in my opinion.

George Lopez sucks and so did his show. He is not funny AT ALL.

By you saying this I can tell there's a huge cultural disconnect as to why you have that perspective. You can't relate to his subject matter, but that doesn't mean he isn't funny.

Back
Top Bottom