EDIT: New Question, is LeBron the second greatest player of all time? So, has Steph Curry overtaken

Who is the best basketball player in the world?

• LeBron James

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steph Curry

• Russell Westbrook

• Kevin Durant

• Anthony Davis

• Other

• Total voters
How is a perimeter player who shoots over 50% and has crazy range not impressive?

Woah at some of the hyperbole in here. Steph's the best player in the league now but let's pump the brakes there.

Steph curry currently owns 3 of the top 5 seasons for 3 point field goals made. The dude has been doing this for much longer than a year. People just didn't notice until they started winning 65 games a season.

IMO I've never seen anyone play like Curry before. The closest thing would be Iverson. He was my hero growing up from middle school to highschool, post Jordan era. The way he would be able to cross up defenders and get to the bastard. But his shot was so inefficient, I'm sad to admit that Iverson would only dream to be able to shoot as well as Curry.

Yeah, Iverson's outside shooting was inconsistent which made him averaging 40-42% FG overall only.
But let's not forget that Iverson is max. 6 foot tall (i suspect that he actually is 5'10 or 5'11 in reality).
Iverson's crossovers were better than Curry though. He killed so many defenders ankles like noone else causing them falling down.
Tim Hardaway was the forerunner though.

Last edited:

all I know is that I wish I had a better role model to watch when it came to jump shooting (Curry).

Because I, along with the rest of the playgrounds in America, was doing that silly Iverson falling away, both legs kick out jump shot, that just made things infinitely harder lol

all I know is that I wish I had a better role model to watch when it came to jump shooting (Curry).

Because I, along with the rest of the playgrounds in America, was doing that silly Iverson falling away, both legs kick out jump shot, that just made things infinitely harder lol

Bruh u better than me. I use to pull Steve Francis dribble in place for 20 seconds then heave a jumper. I got benched once for doing the Kobe fall away to out of bounce on 3 defenders. **** hit the side if the back board and I'm on the ground out of bounds looking dumb.

Bruh u better than me. I use to pull Steve Francis dribble in place for 20 seconds then heave a jumper. I got benched once for doing the Kobe fall away to out of bounce on 3 defenders. **** hit the side if the back board and I'm on the ground out of bounds looking dumb.

:lol: we had some great role models in the early 2000s huh

:lol: we had some great role models in the early 2000s huh

The sad thing is we had the perfect guy to take after (Duncan) but nobody ****** with him because he had no flash

I was a big man that admired T Mac and Kobe :smh: :lol:

no love for draymond or PG? guys that can do it all on BOTH ends? lebron been a one way player for awhile now. his defense been so
sick.gif
the last couple yrs. all them mileage is breaking him down
Those players shouldn't have their names typed in this thread AT ALL

Most people tend to mean flashy spectacular player who can score equals greatness. Especially kids or teens would prefer players like Iverson or Vince Carter over Tim Duncan or Dirk Nowitzki.
Basketball isnt about being flashy but about substance like good team play and each player knowing ther skills and roles.
That's how the 2014 Spurs defeated the Heat.
I remember lots of teens tried to copy MJs moves despite they havent mastered the basics yet. Many didnt understand that MJ drilled like crazy to pull off his crazy moves.
I think the Jordan commercial "maybe it's my fault" sums it up very well.
My blueprint basketball player back in my youth times was Scottie Pippen because my attitude and playing style was similar.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom