EDIT: New Question, is LeBron the second greatest player of all time? So, has Steph Curry overtaken

Who is the best basketball player in the world?

• LeBron James

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steph Curry

• Russell Westbrook

• Kevin Durant

• Anthony Davis

• Other

• Total voters
Yet we cannot deny that the Warriors are still one of the top teams without Curry. Cavs Without Lebron however even would not make it into the playoffs.
If curry was that important, the warriors should have lost game 1 and 2 against the blazers.
The reason why curry gets si many votes is:
1. His team has the best record in the league
2. He scores a lot, being more aggressive in the offense while lebron is holding back often
3. Curry is more clutch than Lebron

Nevertheless i still dont like curry and his warriors. Any other team winning the chip is better than seeing them doing back to back.
lol at cavs with out lebron don't make the playoffs. Crazy talk. Kyrie and a Kevin love built team are a lower seeded playoff team without lebron. Team is stacked. Acting like lebron is on a team with smush Parkers and kwame browns

Curry is the better player. That's why he's the umvp.

Last edited:
The cavs and lebron assembled another super team. Not the Warriors fault that they are better than that assembled team. Just shows you how good the team has become without asking other all stars to join Curry.

lmao Super team? None of them dudes even had playoff experience.

I mean, yeah they were all stars, but its not near what the Celtics or Heat did.

I mean, yeah they were all stars, but its not near what the Celtics or Heat did.
It's not Curry's fault Lebron can't make his teammates better.  Lebron has more than sufficient help around him, but has turned them all into jump shooters to fit his style of play.

He took a couple trash Cavs rosters to 60 win seasons pre Heat days. Or do we not count that? The days where the FO's big catch with Antwan Jamison.

Not trying to make any big comparisons, but I don't really consider these Cavs a 'super team'. The Celtics and Heat put together 3 giants for their rosters and this isn't really the same.

Last edited:

He took a couple trash Cavs rosters to 60 win seasons pre Heat days. Or do we not count that? The days where the FO's big catch with Antwan Jamison.

Not trying to make any big comparisons, but I don't really consider these Cavs a 'super team'. The Celtics and Heat put together 3 giants for their rosters and this isn't really the same.
Last was like 8 years ago in an awful eastern conference.  It doesn't change that fact that Bosh, Wade, Love, and Irving all underperform playing with him.

Last edited:

he went off they potential. Young as hell .

many thought love was the best pf in the game at that time. An up and coming star in kyrie.

Bron played GM and hand picked most of the players on this roster, obviously he believe it's enough. No excuses this time.

lol at cavs with out lebron don't make the playoffs. Crazy talk. Kyrie and a Kevin love built team are a lower seeded playoff team without lebron. Team is stacked. Acting like lebron is on a team with smush Parkers and kwame browns

Right. Kevin Love would have Minnesota numbers because of the ball being fed to him more with just him and Kyrie being the focus. Same thing with Bosh and Wade. You had 2 allstars stop it. Bron is valuable no doubt, but Steph has took the mantle. Beat him in the Finals and prove yourself right instead of being a hater. And TMAC hating ***. Man please. You wouldn't be the MVP in this watered down era. Great scorer, but you was a second round virgin in the EAST. Was up 3-1 on the Pistons in 03 and lost 3 straight. Teams never were a top 2 seed. Stop it. Bron shouldnt been ranked ahead of Westbrook on the MVP scale this year.

Have you even followed the games when lebron sat out? They had a very bad winning record.
Still sometimes players got snubbed for the MVP voting.
Or do you think Charles Barkley and Karl Malone played a better season than MJ back in 1993 and 1997?

Have you even followed the games when lebron sat out? They had a very bad winning record.
Still sometimes players got snubbed for the MVP voting.
Or do you think Charles Barkley and Karl Malone played a better season than MJ back in 1993 and 1997?
That's because all they do is stand around and while lebron dribbles around.  That offense would obviously change if lebron was not on that team.  Kevin Love used to do things like play in the post but doesn't any more because Lebron has made him a spot up shooter.

You can't take all the credit for a team being good and not take any blame for their short comings.

It's not Curry's fault Lebron can't make his teammates better.  Lebron has more than sufficient help around him, but has turned them all into jump shooters to fit his style of play.
laugh.gif

Where do people get this notion that the Warriors are some kind of contender, 60 win team without Curry?

People don't realize, they only played 3 games without Steph...and were 2-1.

They then went 4-2 in the playoffs against the 8th seeded heartless rockets....and the overachieving Blazers...who wouldn't have even been in the second round if Cp3 and Blake didn't get hurt in that series.

The Warriors are good because they play a collective brand of basketball in a great system. They have an offensive and defensive identity. That allows the team to be better than their individual parts. Steph is the key cog in the wheel that takes that team from a maybe 45 win team.....to an all time great team.

And where do people get this the cavs would be a 30 win team without lebron? Same dudes are the ones saying put him on any roster and they will be contenders/make the playoffs. They see him switching teams going to the finals but completely ignore the roster is completely different from the year prior to him coming. U take love and hot sauce numbers pre lebron and that's a lower seed in the east. K love shoots maybe 8 shots a game on average, in minny I'm pretty sure it was double that. Steph got all the votes because he was flat out the best, everyone seen it. What he did in that game against okc u can't show me one lebron game from this year even close to it. Hot sauce honestly hit most of the big shots this year. Late in 4th qtrs he's been Mr reliable when they need a bucket.

And where do people get this the cavs would be a 30 win team without lebron? Same dudes are the ones saying put him on any roster and they will be contenders/make the playoffs. They see him switching teams going to the finals but completely ignore the roster is completely different from the year prior to him coming. U take love and hot sauce numbers pre lebron and that's a lower seed in the east. K love shoots maybe 8 shots a game on average, in minny I'm pretty sure it was double that. Steph got all the votes because he was flat out the best, everyone seen it. What he did in that game against okc u can't show me one lebron game from this year even close to it. Hot sauce honestly hit most of the big shots this year. Late in 4th qtrs he's been Mr reliable when they need a bucket.

Agreed. I think cavs without LeBron are a playoff team in the East. But that's not the point. Playing hypotheticals in these situations with clearly elite players to decide "value" is dumb. Nobody questioned Jordan's value when he left, and the Bulls still won 55 games....

Where do people get this notion that the Warriors are some kind of contender, 60 win team without Curry?

People don't realize, they only played 3 games without Steph...and were 2-1.

They then went 4-2 in the playoffs against the 8th seeded heartless rockets....and the overachieving Blazers...who wouldn't have even been in the second round if Cp3 and Blake didn't get hurt in that series.

The Warriors are good because they play a collective brand of basketball in a great system. They have an offensive and defensive identity. That allows the team to be better than their individual parts. Steph is the key cog in the wheel that takes that team from a maybe 45 win team.....to an all time great team.
I think they would be a 48-52 win team and maybe get to the second round if Curry were to be removed from the team.

I think they would be a 48-52 win team and maybe get to the second round if Curry were to be removed from the team.

What league plays 100 games?

But GSW would be about 43-39 without Curry

LeBron might make his teammates better, but Curry makes his team better.

What league plays 100 games?

But GSW would be about 43-39 without Curry

LeBron might make his teammates better, but Curry makes his team better.

Just by his presence on the court.

Growing up playing the game I was coached to go underneath a screen if someone shoots from 30 feet.

He changes that when a team plays against GSW.

Insane the collateral damage this causes on the court.

I really dont understand the hate for Lebron. He gives back to his community, hes a committed father, and an overall positive role model for young men and you can say the same for Curry. Basketball wise we've never seen a more physically gifted athlete or all around player who's been able to play at his level for such a sustainable period of time. The two really aren't even comparable players because of their different play styles. Honestly we should just appreciate watching greatness from both of them and kill the comparisons its a waste of time.

Back
Top Bottom