Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Skyrim is the first Elder Scrolls I've decided to play.
I'm at level 4 with my Khajitt character. I've made it to Whiterun.

One tip I highly suggest doing is finding "The Guardian Stones" early in the game. There are 3 standing stones 1 for (Warrior, Mage, Thief) which will help increase whichever stone skill you select by 20%. You can only activate one at a time though.

The Guardian Stones are located south of whiterun past helgen. It's along the river on the right side of the river.

I'd post a pic I took where it's located on the map. But I don't how to use spoiler tags on here.

Anyways if your a newb like me to Skyrim I'd suggest picking up the official strategy guide.

I picked up the hardcover collectors edition from Best Buy. These are really starting to become hard to find now and the ebay reseller prices from them are crazy. Other message boards I visit a lot people said the official strategy guides hold their value and that the Oblivion strategy guide in used good condition still resell for over $50.

Pics:

photo%252520%2525284%252529.JPG

photo%252520%2525283%252529.JPG

Yeah the thing is huge 
laugh.gif

But it's really well made.

And it also comes with a free exclusive interactive world map on Prima Games website that normally costs $15 bucks.

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by DaHero1017

How do you kill witches? I'm getting owned by them

I just get real close to them and start slashing them to pieces.

Where can I find other companions like Lydia?
nerd.gif
Check all the inns/taverns. You can usually hire a mercenary.

good looks
pimp.gif

just made it to level 16 ... my sneak skills are getting nicer ... i wish my boy and arrow skills were nicer ...

just killed my first trolls and activated my first stone ... this game is wild

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by DaHero1017

How do you kill witches? I'm getting owned by them

I just get real close to them and start slashing them to pieces.

Where can I find other companions like Lydia?
nerd.gif

Thanks man. I kept getting destroyed so fast.

Originally Posted by BaltimoreGutta

Taking a break from this game until I can get the guide from GameStop.

don't get a guide ... ask questions, ign has a lil thing they put together ... part of the fun is having no idea what ure doing and just walking around 

Dope game. Too much going on
laugh.gif
. Got chased by an some snow monster when I was going to do this mission thing. Next thing I know, I find a ship, .....and then some huge city. Been playing for like 6 hours and I am not even sure what I am doing

Spoiler [+]
Man I just finished the Thieve's Guild quest where you hunt Mercer in that dungeon with the Dwarves and Falmers, that has to be the longest quest ever man I was like is this shhh ever going to end?!!?

This could be because I was sneaking the whole thing but anyone else do this quest and feel like it took FOREVER?

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

just made it to level 16 ... my sneak skills are getting nicer ... i wish my boy and arrow skills were nicer ...

put poison on the arrows, or fire or frost damage, you can enchant an do 125 damage each arrow

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Just picked it up. 
tired.gif

laugh.gif

What kind of guy should I be? This is my first time playing a game like this mind you, I think ill dig it but not sure yet... Leaning towards being a Redguard...
Be a Necromancer more fun that way

Originally Posted by QuKtIc

Where can I sell the Dragon bones and scales at for a good price?~
I wouldn't sell that stuff.  I think you'll be able to make dragon armor later on with those things

Why not get a guide and just waste time running around looking for quests? Personally, since I got the game, it's been dull for me even though I'm only level 7. I went back to Dead Island which I understand whereas Skyrim, not as much.

As for the Dragon Bones/Scales...I sold em because I don't know where to store em. I was tired of running around doing baby steps.

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Just made it to level 14th, and loving every moment.

Question- do the enemies increase in strength when you level up?

I think enemy levels are scaled to yours, so if you have high defense they will as well.
They also drop better items when you are a higher level.

Originally Posted by sladewilson

put poison on the arrows, or fire or frost damage, you can enchant an do 125 damage each arrow
eek.gif
 ... i'm def new to this ... enchanting, soul gems ... no idea what i'm doing ... i'm going to try this next time i go to dragonreach
good looks

I'm so tempted to buy that Skyrim guide textbook 
laugh.gif
.  Not sure if I want to spend $40 though 
frown.gif
I need to start enchanting my weapons.  My fighting skills need some work.  Bears and trolls keep murking me on the regular.

Originally Posted by sladewilson

eek.gif
 ... i'm def new to this ... enchanting, soul gems ... no idea what i'm doing ... i'm going to try this next time i go to dragonreach
good looks

combine  Human Flesh, Imp Stool, and Jarris Root an use Circlet of Peerless Alchemy, Daedric Gauntlets of Peerless Alchemy, Neckless of Peerless Alchemy, l maxed out Alchemist Perk combined with the Poisoner perk,your custom poison can deal over 4000 damage with a 26 seconds paralysis effect.

^^ no clue what ure talking about but it sounds crazy ... i'm doing the college quests ... just met orthorn and that dude is a beast ...

Anyone got an info on what type of and when Bethesda will be releasing DLC for this game?

I read somewhere they already had a lot in the works.

Ordered my copy on amazon last night but i really don't want to wait until next week to play. I'm desperate enough to play i'm thinking of making a trip to Target and getting a copy so i can play now. Once my amazon copy comes i'll return that sealed one to Target. Desperate i know but i don't have ##@$ to do all weekend so i'm just kicking back in the crib.

indifferent.gif
@ the dragon attacking me in the college circle
30t6p3b.gif
damn hatin' dragon don't wanna see a brother move up.
And 
sick.gif
alien.gif
@ all the khajiit racism. had to murder some people for their foul mouths
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by baseballer10p

Originally Posted by QuKtIc

Where can I sell the Dragon bones and scales at for a good price?~
I wouldn't sell that stuff.  I think you'll be able to make dragon armor later on with those things
Related question: Is there a place I can store all that stuff for the time being so I don't have to carry it around all the time?

Back
Top Bottom