Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

This is well worth the $65.

I'd pay $100 for this game. The scale is crazy and the possibilities are endless.

Bought the Prima strategy guide from Amazon for $17. It's like a Yellow Pages in 8 font.
laugh.gif

Did you get the hard cover limited edition?
I posted a link to it on overstock when it was $21.It went up to $28 and is now sold out there also.

Re sell value for it on ebay is crazy for it.

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

What's this game's story about? Cliffnotes? I never was into the WOW type games.

This is nothing like WoW. You don't need to play the other ones to "get" this one. There is a story in the game but you don't have to follow it and most people play around first and usually finish it last. It's basically a big world full of NPC's, Quests, ETC. with no RIGHT way to do anything. You can do anything and everything at any time you want. All the epic moments happen because of you. In other words, no two people will play out the game exactly the same.

If your interested in getting into the Elder Scrolls world but don't want to spend the cash for Skyrim, you may want to cop Oblivion for $5 and try it out.
The Game of the year edition is $4.99 on steam & the GOTY deluxe is $6.24:
Link

Yo, can you do 2 separate characters in this game?
I had a character and have been playing for a few days.  My brother made a character as well.  I go to load up my game and my files are gone.  Does that mean they've been saved over by his game?  I've been making manual saves as well as the autosaves.  I'm pissed right now.  You can't even turn off the autosave can you?

^
I've never had a problem with other games before.  They've always had all the separate files saved.

So my game is gone for good?  This is some bs.

not a big fan of the "puzzles" ... the number of NPCs is staggering though ... this game is amazing

Originally Posted by shogun

^
I've never had a problem with other games before.  They've always had all the separate files saved.

you can have as many different character story-lines saved as you have the amount of free space on your HDD.

he must've saved over your character save. 

btw i always turn off auto save and just save from time to time when it comes to fallout 3/skyrim.

Originally Posted by OmarsOK

Originally Posted by shogun

^

you can have as many different character story-lines saved as you have the amount of free space on your HDD.

he must've saved over your character save. 

btw i always turn off auto save and just save from time to time when it comes to fallout 3/skyrim.
this.
I accidentally shouted at the Jarl at white run and I about lost my progress I had made since my last save due to auto-save. 
roll.gif
roll.gif

If I never played Oblivion or anything and i've never really played these types of games in general, tell me why I might like this game.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

If I never played Oblivion or anything and i've never really played these types of games in general, tell me why I might like this game.
open gameplay, deep customization, fantastic storylines, amazing environment.
the game is deep and has high replayability. I enjoy detailed and engrossing stories (Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, etc) and The Elder Scrolls is exactly that. I loved Oblivion, and Skyrim is so dope 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Kind of long, but I had to tell this.

So I was traveling from Whiterun to Winterhold last night and was dropping into caves and stuff along the way so I didn't have to go back to them later. Lydia was with me and I was giving all the enchanted and rare items I was getting on to her to hold on to until I made it to a town to store them / sell them off. I came across this one cave called Hob's Nest Fall or something similar to that and decided to head in. I was murking pretty much everyone in there with ease, I think they were low class mages, so I was swording those dudes to bits, UNTIL I got to this part where there was like a high level mage with 3 of his homies just waiting to get the drop on me. I was sneaking up on them and they hadn't seen me yet, so I snipered one of them with my bow for a sneak attack which took half of his health. I thought to myself "this'll be easy, I'll just take them all out quietly", but because combat had started, Lydia went in guns blazing like the Lobby scene in The Matrix and tried to take on all three dudes at once. She went into that faint stage where they kneel over in about 5 seconds, so I'm like "She'll be right, I'll just lure them to me and she'll get up & attack them from the back". She didn't get up though, this high level mage killed her and apparently he was a necromancer because he revived her and made her fight against me as well. I was like [Will Smith] "AHH HELL NAW!" [Will Smith]
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
. So now I'm fighting three mages and my former partner who's carrying all of my gear, I'm blocking for my life and swinging my sword like a madman. After wasting about 30 health potions and eating all the food I had I eventually killed the three mages and thought "Alright Lydia will calm down now", she didn't, so I had to kill her as well. THEN I had to pick up all my gear that she had on her, I'm talking steel armors, greatswords, mage robes, the works. So now I'm on my own with about 650 points of gear, way over my 330 limit, I can't fast travel, because I'm over-encumbered and I'm moving about as slow as an injured sloth. Plus I hadn't saved
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
. I ended up getting out of the cave unscathed and had to turtle crawl the rest of the way to Winterhold, !#%% took me like an hour
laugh.gif
. Then when I get to Winterhold I find out there's not even a proper blacksmith or anything so I can't sell any of my heavy stuff
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
. I had to go into the Inn and hide all my junk in a chest and then fast travel back and forth to sell items off. This was easily one of the most annoying things I've ever experienced while playing a videogame. And I loved every second of it. 
roll.gif

The moral of the story is...
DO NOT PUT ALL OF THE WEAPONS YOU WANT TO KEEP / SELL ON YOUR COMPANIONS. Fast travel back to a town and sell them before venturing on.

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Kind of long, but I had to tell this.

So I was traveling from Whiterun to Winterhold last night and was dropping into caves and stuff along the way so I didn't have to go back to them later. Lydia was with me and I was giving all the enchanted and rare items I was getting on to her to hold on to until I made it to a town to store them / sell them off. I came across this one cave called Hob's Nest Fall or something similar to that and decided to head in. I was murking pretty much everyone in there with ease, I think they were low class mages, so I was swording those dudes to bits, UNTIL I got to this part where there was like a high level mage with 3 of his homies just waiting to get the drop on me. I was sneaking up on them and they hadn't seen me yet, so I snipered one of them with my bow for a sneak attack which took half of his health. I thought to myself "this'll be easy, I'll just take them all out quietly", but because combat had started, Lydia went in guns blazing like the Lobby scene in The Matrix and tried to take on all three dudes at once. She went into that faint stage where they kneel over in about 5 seconds, so I'm like "She'll be right, I'll just lure them to me and she'll get up & attack them from the back". She didn't get up though, this high level mage killed her and apparently he was a necromancer because he revived her and made her fight against me as well. I was like [Will Smith] "AHH HELL NAW!" [Will Smith]
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
. So now I'm fighting three mages and my former partner who's carrying all of my gear, I'm blocking for my life and swinging my sword like a madman. After wasting about 30 health potions and eating all the food I had I eventually killed the three mages and thought "Alright Lydia will calm down now", she didn't, so I had to kill her as well. THEN I had to pick up all my gear that she had on her, I'm talking steel armors, greatswords, mage robes, the works. So now I'm on my own with about 650 points of gear, way over my 330 limit, I can't fast travel, because I'm over-encumbered and I'm moving about as slow as an injured sloth. Plus I hadn't saved
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
. I ended up getting out of the cave unscathed and had to turtle crawl the rest of the way to Winterhold, !#%% took me like an hour
laugh.gif
. Then when I get to Winterhold I find out there's not even a proper blacksmith or anything so I can't sell any of my heavy stuff
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
. I had to go into the Inn and hide all my junk in a chest and then fast travel back and forth to sell items off. This was easily one of the most annoying things I've ever experienced while playing a videogame. And I loved every second of it. 
roll.gif

DO NOT PUT ALL OF THE WEAPONS YOU WANT TO KEEP / SELL ON YOUR COMPANIONS. Fast travel back to a town and sell them before venturing on.
@#% had me 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Plus I hadn't saved
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif
dunno why yall turning autosave off.
Could have just loaded the last autosave which would have been you entering the cave
pimp.gif
to you tho for walking back cause I damn sure wouldn't have done that.
sick.gif
ol' snail speed %@% movements

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

This is well worth the $65.

I'd pay $100 for this game. The scale is crazy and the possibilities are endless.

Bought the Prima strategy guide from Amazon for $17. It's like a Yellow Pages in 8 font.
laugh.gif

Did you get the hard cover limited edition?
I posted a link to it on overstock when it was $21.It went up to $28 and is now sold out there also.

Re sell value for it on ebay is crazy for it.
I ordered it from Walmart last week for like 23 shipped.  Barnes & Noble still has it in stock for $24 for anyone looking.  Might pick one up and flip it on ebay in a few weeks when they all sell out.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Plus I hadn't saved
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif
dunno why yall turning autosave off.
Could have just loaded the last autosave which would have been you entering the cave
pimp.gif
to you tho for walking back cause I damn sure wouldn't have done that.
sick.gif
ol' snail speed %@% movements
Oh I had autosave on, but I wasn't about to turn back and try to do all that junk again. I gained like two levels in that cave 
laugh.gif
. Plus it proved that Lydia couldn't hang with me, I don't want someone like that watching my back. 
roll.gif
pimp.gif

#LoneWolfSWAG

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

the game is deep and has high replayability. I enjoy detailed and engrossing stories (Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, etc) and The Elder Scrolls is exactly that. I loved Oblivion, and Skyrim is so dope 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It really does sound cool... Im gonna have to borrow a copy from my friend and play it for  a few hours straight one night to see how i feel.
laugh.gif

Thinking about copping for sure.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It really does sound cool... Im gonna have to borrow a copy from my friend and play it for  a few hours straight one night to see how i feel.
laugh.gif

Oblivion is a really good introduction into the world. It's dirt cheap these days; somebody mentioned it's on Steam for like $5. Pick up a copy of it to get a feel for it. Skyrim has some changes to it naturally, but the core gameplay is similar and as I said, it'll introduce you to what these games are like.

I remember one of the first dragons i encountered it wasent nearly ready for it, so i tried to turn around and book it...........but i ended falling off a cliff into the water and the dragon tried to nose dive in after me and ended up drowning
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Oblivion is a really good introduction into the world. It's dirt cheap these days; somebody mentioned it's on Steam for like $5. Pick up a copy of it to get a feel for it. Skyrim has some changes to it naturally, but the core gameplay is similar and as I said, it'll introduce you to what these games are like.
hurry up tho, the deal ends tomorrow.

Mitchellicious wrote:

Oh I had autosave on, but I wasn't about to turn back and try to do all that junk again. I gained like two levels in that cave 
laugh.gif
. Plus it proved that Lydia couldn't hang with me, I don't want someone like that watching my back. 
roll.gif
pimp.gif

#LoneWolfSWAG

laugh.gif

me, lydia & my new stray dog tho 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom