ELECTION DAY 2008:........... Barack Obama, the next President of the United States of America

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Joe Biden trying to lose the race
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Sen. Joe Biden (D-Del.) says that if Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) becomes the first female vice president it will be a "backward step for women."

Asked by a local television reporter in Milwaukee, Wisconsin if electing Palin would be a step forward for women, Biden said, "well look, I think the issue is what does Sarah Palin think? What does she believe?"

"I assume she thinks and agrees with the same policies that George Bush and John McCain think," Biden added. "And that's obviously a backward step for women."

So Sarah Palin is a step back for women. Nice Joe
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
Sure you're going to get a lot of women votes saying things like that
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

UPDATE: Republican National Committee spokeswoman Amber Wilkerson has a response:

"The only person taking a step backward is Joe Biden, whose appalling and arrogant statements are better suited for the back rooms of his old boys club. Sarah Palin's nomination as the Republican vice presidential nominee is an historic opportunity to break the highest glass ceiling." (for women)
do you read what he says? he blatantly says b/c palin agrees with bush, then it is a backward step for women, which is true. mccain is againstequal pay for equal work, choice for abortion...

this is where the republicans go too far with sexism and think everything is sexism.

Nice one Obama.....

September 09, 2008

Categories: Barack Obama [h1]Obama: 'Lipstick on a pig'[/h1]
Amie Parnes reports from Lebanon, VA:
Obama poked fun of McCain and Palin's new "change" mantra.

"You can put lipstick on a pig," he said as the crowd cheered. "It's still a pig."

"You can wrap an old fish in a piece of paper called change. It's still gonna stink."

"We've had enough of the same old thing."

The crowd apparently took the "lipstick" line as a reference to Palin, who described the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull in a single word: "lipstick."

i feel sorry for all women in the world who's been brainwashed by this republican campaign. now they're gonna make as if everything thedemocrats say is sexist. i can't believe our forefathers worked that hard to stop this and now it's back. i'm sorry, this election is going in thewrong direction. the republicans have really been pathetic.

Originally Posted by FeelMode

that Bidean comment about Palin is SPOT ON, honestly TBONE if you dont agree with that then the wool is pulled over your eyes.
How come like 45+% of women are voting for McCain/Palin then in recent polls??
Those 45+% want to take a step backward?
Oh got it. Makes sense.
americans are easily brainwashed. you do remember back in 2000, most americans said they love to sit down and have a beer with george bush andthus they voted for him. now the same thing is happening with palin. americans are getting offbase here. they're not voting on issues and on personalities.the mccain camp hasn't said anything about what they will do that is different from bush. but yet they're winning. how ridiculous is that?

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

A lot of them are voting for the ticket only because a woman is on it. Hillary supporters that now support Palin disgust me. It's obvious they only support her because she's a woman regardless of their almost opposite stances on the issues. Either that, or they have a problem with Obama's skin color
That's a major group of people who are voting for Barack based solely on the color of his skin.
thats how republicans spin it...fact is if a black man was the republican nominee we would not be voting for him.

white, black, green or purple... obama has the black vote in his pocket because he is a democrat, not because he is black. its just a lil icing for us.

Originally Posted by FeelMode

that Bidean comment about Palin is SPOT ON, honestly TBONE if you dont agree with that then the wool is pulled over your eyes.
How come like 45+% of women are voting for McCain/Palin then in recent polls??
Those 45+% want to take a step backward?
Oh got it. Makes sense.

well considering i believe well over half of this country are complete tools and not only are they not smart but infact clinically dumb, (definitely a few ofyou here on NT) its a tad bit surprising the numbers aren't actually greater in your favor.

Originally Posted by acidicality

anyone catch part 3 of o'rly's interview with Obama? It was about all the associations he had. If it were someone else, I know O'Reilly would have raised his voice. But Obama did quite well I thought.
but it's really a lose-lose topic for him. i thought he defended himself well though. but he did great on national security and economy. whenis palin going on o'reilly?

Lol some broad on CNN saying global warming isnt real when even mccain and bush have acknowledged it, only palin hasnt come around lol

I don't care for either candidate, but after the last 8 years I don't know how anyone in their right mind would vote another republican into office.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Joe Biden trying to lose the race
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Sen. Joe Biden (D-Del.) says that if Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) becomes the first female vice president it will be a "backward step for women."

Asked by a local television reporter in Milwaukee, Wisconsin if electing Palin would be a step forward for women, Biden said, "well look, I think the issue is what does Sarah Palin think? What does she believe?"

"I assume she thinks and agrees with the same policies that George Bush and John McCain think," Biden added. "And that's obviously a backward step for women."

So Sarah Palin is a step back for women. Nice Joe
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
Sure you're going to get a lot of women votes saying things like that
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

UPDATE: Republican National Committee spokeswoman Amber Wilkerson has a response:

"The only person taking a step backward is Joe Biden, whose appalling and arrogant statements are better suited for the back rooms of his old boys club. Sarah Palin's nomination as the Republican vice presidential nominee is an historic opportunity to break the highest glass ceiling." (for women)
do you read what he says? he blatantly says b/c palin agrees with bush, then it is a backward step for women, which is true. mccain is against equal pay for equal work, choice for abortion...

this is where the republicans go too far with sexism and think everything is sexism.

Its not that they THINK everything is sexism is that their using sexism as a defense mechanism, you can't attack her record because it will be consideredsexism. They are playing this card to perfection, Palin connects with small town women so when she is questioned... its perceived by many as Obama/Bidenquestioning them. White women will be the downfall of this election... I didn't think this ticket would be received so well by so many woman because of theobvious pandering and isulting choice of picking an unqualified woman rather than a qualified woman but ONCE again im not surprised by the sheer stupidity ofmany voters. The fact that some women take pride in this selection rather than feel insulted is mindboggling to me.. its like when Clarence Thomas wasappointed by GHWB to replace the great Thurgood Marshall ...many in the black community were offended.

Obama is going about this all wrong though, he needs to focus on McCain rather than Palin... by going after Palin he's basically legitamizing her, ifsomeone is inferior to you you don't engage or acknowledge them. I understand that Palin seems to be getting most of the press on the McCain/Palin ticketbut let Biden handle her in the debates thats the easiest way to expose her inexperience on a national level. Its obvious that she's flustering him now butObama needs to get on them damn issues, we just had Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac be taken over by the FED's he needs to say to voters what is McCain'splan on resurrecting the terrible home market... McCain doesn't have any its basically the same as Bush and in contrast Obama should share his plan...little stuff like that will help his campaign because it puts McCain HIMSELF on the offensive. Obama had been running a great campaign up until early August hedoesn't need to falter right at the end

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Just to give people an idea of how most Republicans think about black people..................

"ALLENTOWN, Pa. - The leader of a statewide group of college Republicans has been forced to resign after posting racially insensitive comments about Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama on the Internet.

Adam LaDuca, 21, the former executive director of the Pennsylvania Federation of College Republicans, wrote on his Facebook page in late July that Obama has "a pair of lips so large he could float half of Cuba to the shores of Miami (and probably would.)"
biden was run out of the pesidential race in early winter for making racially insensitive comments. so it only makes perfect sense that obamachooses him as running mate...

Nice one Obama.....

September 09, 2008

"You can put lipstick on a pig," he said as the crowd cheered. "It's still a pig."

"You can wrap an old fish in a piece of paper called change. It's still gonna stink."

The crowd apparently took the "lipstick" line as a reference to Palin, who described the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull in a single word: "lipstick."

John McCain's campaign said Tuesday Barack Obama's reference to "lipstick on a pig" to describe the Republican's vow tobring change to Washington was offensive language, and a slap at VP nominee Sarah Palin - despite the fact that the Arizona senator himself usedthe phrase last year to describe a policy proposal of Hillary Clinton's.

In Iowa last October, McCain drew comparisons between Hillary Clinton's current healthcare plan and the one she championed in 1993: "Ithink they put some lipstick on the pig, but it's still a pig." He used roughly the same line in May, after effectively claiming the Republicannomination.

Originally Posted by rdon27

I just hope women know it's bigger than having a woman in office or a black man...... Women make some stupid decisions with their emotions.....
stupid comment. being sexist is just as ignorant as being racist, except one offense seems to be particularly more accepted at niketalk.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

wow john mccain camp is just getting ridiculous now. he has a new ad coming out accusing obama of basically being a pedophile
sick.gif

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/09/mccain-ad-obamas-lone-edu_n_125205.htmlhttp://www.huffingtonpost...as-lone-edu_n_125205.html
Not really. People are reaching if the message they get is that he is a pedo....

Originally Posted by presequel

Nice one Obama.....

September 09, 2008

John McCain's campaign said Tuesday Barack Obama's reference to "lipstick on a pig" to describe the Republican's vow to bring change to Washington was offensive language, and a slap at VP nominee Sarah Palin - despite the fact that the Arizona senator himself used the phrase last year to describe a policy proposal of Hillary Clinton's.

In Iowa last October, McCain drew comparisons between Hillary Clinton's current healthcare plan and the one she championed in 1993: "I think they put some lipstick on the pig, but it's still a pig." He used roughly the same line in May, after effectively claiming the Republican nomination.

It has nothing to do with McCain saying it in the past, and that phrase is not meant to be derogatory towards women. It has to do with the fact that Palin justreferenced lipstick in a joke (as someone posted above) at the RNC. Thats why people are saying it was directed at Palin. Its a reach I know, but that is theway I took it. Not defending it by any means

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

Wow TBone you're taking those polls and those political fairy tales way too seriously......you acting like its over for Obama, @@@#
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
smh.gif
Acting like I haven't said multiple times that I think Obama SHOULD win considering the current circumstances & that thereis a good chance he WILL win.

Electoral College is tightening up.

Obama putting his left hand out everytime he wants to correct O'Reilly mixed with getting his Dame Dash on.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom