ELECTION DAY 2008:........... Barack Obama, the next President of the United States of America

Just as theres people who voted for Obama just because he's black, there are plenty who voted for McCain just because they didnt want a black man as thePresident.

ooIronMan THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN GET WORST THAN BUSH!! I HAVE A QUESTION TO ANYONE WHO LIVES IN LOUISIANA!! WHY DID YALL VOTE REPUBLICAN? LIKE THAT PARTYDIDNT DO TOO MUCH WHILE YALL WERE IN THAT HURRICANE CRISIS DOWN THERE I WAS SHOCKED ON THAT ONE.. NOT SAYING EVERYBODY THERE VOTED REP BUT I WONDER WHY

Man, I'm ecstatic. Still can't believe it.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Baller23217

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth

Originally Posted by GoVols234

Originally Posted by GoVols234

GoVols234:

Because people are ignorant. Because people follow the hype and vote for a person based on the color of his skin. Because people are happy to follow the hype by listening to ignorant idiots like Young Jeezy who are nothing but street thugs that couldn't even name the parts of the American government system....

^^^ There are not a lot of people voted for Obama because he is black. I can't stress that enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhbH9IYirD0http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhbH9IYirD0http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhbH9IYirD0http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhbH9IYirD0http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhbH9IYirD0 Coincidence or not?

I've seen that video and I still stick by my statement. Those people are simply misinformed or just not interested in politics. They are supporting Obama because he is a democrat not because he is black. I guarantee you that if Obama was white, you would have got the exact same answers from those people. Just because they are stupid and don't know Obama's policies doesn't mean they support Obama because he is black. They are voting for the party, and not the party's values.

And that is the exact point I am trying to make! I cannot stand people that vote for a person and don't even know the issues! I guarantee you that plenty of voters around here voted for McCain because they thought Obama was muslim because of his middle name and all that. It is complete ignornace and I cannot stand that. It just seems like the majority of this board voted for Obama because he is black, which is ignorant and a sad state for this nation...

Oh I'm not trying to justify it at all. I think that these people should be voting on the policies and not the "name". That video is a sad representation of how uninformed and uneducated some American people are during such an important election. I just hate when people say that "blacks are voting for Obama because he is black" because in reality it's more for the reason that he is a democrat. I will admit that there are a number of blacks who did vote for him for the reason that he is black (the wrong reason) but definitely not as significant of a number as people would assume.

The majority of this board is young and there are a lot of African Americans here too and young people and African Americans have historically tended to vote for the democratic candidate. However, It has been clear that a LOT of people on this board DO know the issues and that is how they based their decision. There are plenty of blacks during the election who voted for Mccain as well.

I think that it's important that we focus on the issues and the values of the candidate because the other non-important factors like race and gender shouldn't shape a decision. It should definitely be a reason to be proud but not the primary reason to vote a certain way.

how do you know? i don't think many people would admit that's how they voted. we can't put numbers on it. i'd feel better if obama won without those votes.

I'm speaking from personal experience. I've heard that a few times here and there. I definitely don't approve of that and I think the number of"those" voters is so small that it's not even close to important. We definitely cannot put numbers on it. I'd feel better if Obama wonwithout those votes too and I do feel better because he did. Like I said, the number of those votes is so small it wouldn't even make a difference.

I S Y O U R L A M B O B L U E ?

laugh.gif
damn fool

Some of ya'll lil racists need to get some sleep before you slip up and tell us how you REALLY feel.
laugh.gif

my god. this is crazy. i cannot believe that im gonna be able to tell my children and grandchildren about this. im truly overwhelmed over all of this.

its just now setting in and this is unreal. i have no words right now...

half of my for obama was because HE WAS BLACK. colin powell didn't want the job years back, so here is the next choice.

the other half of my vote was for the simple fact mccain/palin had a **** chance of convincing me they can do right for this country.

and ponder this. PALIN AS YOUR PRESIDENT. mccain is 72 years old. just because his mother is spry and looks good for being almost 100, doesn't mean mccainis a sure shot of finishing up a term w/ being that high up in years. can you really live in a country run by palin? this isn't downing the fact she'sa woman. hillary would have done i good job, i think. but palin... hell nah.

i'd be like akon and renounce my citizenship if our country were to be run by palin.

Originally Posted by UNCfatfan

ooIronMan THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN GET WORST THAN BUSH!! I HAVE A QUESTION TO ANYONE WHO LIVES IN LOUISIANA!! WHY DID YALL VOTE REPUBLICAN? LIKE THAT PARTY DIDNT DO TOO MUCH WHILE YALL WERE IN THAT HURRICANE CRISIS DOWN THERE I WAS SHOCKED ON THAT ONE.. NOT SAYING EVERYBODY THERE VOTED REP BUT I WONDER WHY
well they did vote R Gov Bobby Jindal - son of Punjabi Indian immigrants over a year ago...

anyways is Oprah going to D.C. too?

THANKS DYYHARD I WAS JUST CONFUSED BUT I SEE THEY ARE TAKING STEPS BUT KHADAFI252 I COULDN'T AGREE MORE MAN I COULDN'T THINK OF PALIN RUNNING THISCOUNTRY AND I REALLY THINK THAT HURT MCCAIN IN THE LONG RUN.. I'M GLAD HE MADE THAT CHOICE.. AND I'M SO PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN TONIGHT.. I THOUGHTTHIS COULD NEVER HAPPEN AND IT DID

laugh.gif
damn fool

Some of ya'll lil racists need to get some sleep before you slip up and tell us how you REALLY feel.
laugh.gif

Lazy B and EBW almost had a breakdown earlier...
nerd.gif

They probably tossing and turning in their sleep now. Having nightmares of Obama crossin' them up and shootin' J's in their face and !*%%...

Originally Posted by Da XpLiCiT OnE

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by TheFoteenth

was anyone else scared when watching obama's acceptance speech? i promise you i thought homie was going to get sniped right there on national tv.
frown.gif

but he didnt... obamanomics baby.
roll.gif
I kept looking at the high rise buildings when ever the camera went that way
nerd.gif

anybody notice how CNN kept focusing on those 2 white women that looked alike?
nerd.gif

I was really scared of this too... I thought there would be more glasses (22 i heard) than these two to his right (and possibly left)... probably from any possible points that could shoot in those buildings that were within a mile or so away.
i swear to god i felt the same way...but damn, Grant Park where they have Lollapalooza and it was just packed
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Such a proud moment to be an American...

Back
Top Bottom