ELECTION DAY 2008:........... Barack Obama, the next President of the United States of America

Originally Posted by therealjondoe

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by EvansST

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

So are these bad times gonna' create "good times"?

I'm not even trying to be smart on this one, I'm generally curious. But you have to admit, alot of you are very cynical.

And Daytona. I'm sure you would love for me to.

My-T.
I hope so.

The reason why Im not optimistic is because in his political career thus far Obama has shown no penchant for "change".
He has advisers and backers such as Rubin, Bezinski, and Soros who are part of the establishment that's got us into our present mess of a country.

I'm being serious here when I say that if Obama said that he'd appoint Rev. Wright as Sec. of State or another post I'd applaud him for that and I'd jumped on the bandwagon faster than Diddy running to a Prison shower room. Seriosuly.
laugh.gif

That would be real change.

Obama has shown me nothign thus far therefore I can only assume that he's spewing a bunch of empty rhetoric. Also, for the msot part that rhetoric doesn't adresses fundamental problems and is awfully vague.

so your blind and deaf i take it
grin.gif
No.
I choose to look at actions rather than words.

Words are like a-holes...

Take Ron Paul as an example. His congressional record speaks for itself.

What has Obama done? Voted in favor of: Extending the Patriot Act, Telecom Immunity Act, Bailout

That doesn't look like change to me.

ron paul is a racist

Way to refute my points.

you said all i need to hear
im done
i dont deal with racists or racist supporters
h a g n !
First time I ever heard Ron Paul being called a racist.
laugh.gif

well you should do a little more research about who you support

Maybe you should stop making things up.
I've never heard Paul utter anything racist. Maybe you can produce that tape/ audio recording?

Or is it guilt by association? Such as "Obama must be racist because Rev. Wright and a few racist Black Panthers support him!"
laugh.gif
Here you go http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/10/paul.newsletters/index.htmlhttp://www.cnn.com/2008/P...ul.newsletters/index.htmlhttp://www.cnn.com/2008/P...ul.newsletters/index.htmlhttp://www.cnn.com/2008/P...ul.newsletters/index.html
happy.gif

Yeh. I saw those when they came up in the primary.

None of the newsletters CNN found says who wrote them, but each was published under Paul's name between his stints as a U.S. congressman from Texas.

Paul says he didn't write them. Taking his entire record into account I tend to believe him.
In his interview with CNN, Paul said that's language he would never use. "People who know me, nobody is going to believe this," he said. "That's just not my language. It's not my life."
If he was this much a biggot there would surely be more.
Matt Welch, the editor-in-chief of "Reason" magazine who shares some of Paul's beliefs on big government, says he has never heard the congressman make racist comments like those in the newsletters.

Ron Paul's been agaisnt eh drug war from the beginning. What was the drug's wars purpose in the first place?
hint: control certain populations. Listen to the Nixon tapes.

The Freedom Report's online archives only go back to 1999, but I was curious to see older editions of Paul's newsletters, in part because of a controversy dating to 1996, when Charles "Lefty" Morris, a Democrat running against Paul for a House seat, released excerpts stating that "opinion polls consistently show only about 5% of blacks have sensible political opinions," that "if you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be," and that black representative Barbara Jordan is "the archetypical half-educated victimologist" whose "race and sex protect her from criticism." At the time, Paul's campaign said that Morris had quoted the newsletter out of context. Later, in 2001, Paul would claim that someone else had written the controversial passages. (Few of the newsletters contain actual bylines.) Caldwell, writing in the Times Magazine last year, said he found Paul's explanation believable, "since the style diverges widely from his own."

Finding the pre-1999 newsletters was no easy task, but I was able to track many of them down at the libraries of the University of Kansas and the Wisconsin Historical Society.
Of course, with few bylines, it is difficult to know whether any particular article was written by Paul himself. Some of the earlier newsletters are signed by him, though the vast majority of the editions I saw contain no bylines at all. Complicating matters, many of the unbylined newsletters were written in the first person, implying that Paul was the author.

But, whoever actually wrote them, the newsletters I saw all had one thing in common: They were published under a banner containing Paul's name, and the articles (except for one special edition of a newsletter that contained the byline of another writer) seem designed to create the impression that they were written by him--and reflected his views. What they reveal are decades worth of obsession with conspiracies, sympathy for the right-wing militia movement, and deeply held bigotry against blacks, Jews, and gays. In short, they suggest that Ron Paul is not the plain-speaking antiwar activist his supporters believe they are backing--but rather a member in good standing of some of the oldest and ugliest traditions in American politics.

.........Of course, with few bylines, it is difficult to know whether anyparticular article was written by Paul himself. Some of the earlier newsletters are signed by him, though the vast majority of the editions I saw contain nobylines at all. Complicating matters, many of the unbylined newsletters were written in the first person, implying that Paul was the author.......

It was funny how this came out right nefore the NH primary when Paul was winning...

I'm sure he's a closet racist though.
laugh.gif

If he was such a racist and biggot writing thise for 20+ years than surely there are a few tapes/audio/ pictures of him at speaking these things and attendingkkk meetings.

Kingtre...

Im with you.. if he EVER says anything later after he's out of Office..

His Book should be one page long.

I F-ed up and yeah I lied.

The End...

For everyone else belittling Baracks Votes.. hey you have a side.. others have a side.

I may respect your stance.. Just not your opinion on why you think McCain was the best for our Country.

We don't have to agree. you just need to Support YOUR new President the way we all had to Support every President before him.

I do think however there should be NO Kennedy Type of Motorcade. I'd like Obama to be around longer than a little bit.

Not for nothing, but if there is one thing I can't stand about a person, is the amount of ignorance they might possess. So many African-Americans in myschool today were chanting "Obama, Obama" and whatnot, and that is fine. But There were those who said "because he is black" is why theywere happy, and couldn't give an answer in regards to his political beliefs.

Ignorance
tired.gif

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

I'm not even trying to be smart on this one, I'm generally curious. But you have to admit, alot of you are very cynical.

My-T.
I hope so.

The reason why Im not optimistic is because in his political career thus far Obama has shown no penchant for "change".
He has advisers and backers such as Rubin, Bezinski, and Soros who are part of the establishment that's got us into our present mess of a country.

I'm being serious here when I say that if Obama said that he'd appoint Rev. Wright as Sec. of State or another post I'd applaud him for that and I'd jumped on the bandwagon faster than Diddy running to a Prison shower room. Seriosuly.
laugh.gif

Obama has shown me nothign thus far therefore I can only assume that he's spewing a bunch of empty rhetoric. Also, for the msot part that rhetoric doesn't adresses fundamental problems and is awfully vague.

grin.gif
No.

What has Obama done? Voted in favor of: Extending the Patriot Act, Telecom Immunity Act, Bailout

ron paul is a racist

Way to refute my points.

im done
h a g n !
laugh.gif

I've never heard Paul utter anything racist. Maybe you can produce that tape/ audio recording?

Or is it guilt by association? Such as "Obama must be racist because Rev. Wright and a few racist Black Panthers support him!"
laugh.gif

hey corn ball, Paul's paper, that he publishes and endorses, is very racist, and has a history of making very racist statements.

In fact, he's been questioned about racist rant articles that he has put his name on (like he was the author) in which he claims he didn't even read.

No, i'm not going to provide you with anything, google "ron paul racist" and i'm sure you will provide YOURSELF with more than enough EVIDENCE...

i actually think Paul is intelligent and COULD help the country...but aint no room in the future for bigots...

soooooo he'll remain unimportant.
Newsletters published under his name but not written by him yet he's responsible?
laugh.gif

wow
alien.gif

i dont think i would say hypnotized. i dont think anyone thinks he can walk on water and lay his hands on the country and :tongue:oof: everything is perfect. im sureeveryone knows we are in shambles and we need a lot of work. but we gave bush 8 years. why not try something different and no not a black man but a democratand see what he can do?

To hope for Barack to fail is to hope for America to fail.
The election is done. Regardless of who you supported, it's important to get behind our President and hope he does well.
Arguing now serves no purpose.

remember we got another 70+ days of bush admin. another 9-11 attack or an attempt on Obama's life is possible. I could see him not even making it to theoffice. i wouldnt come out the house until i was sworn in if i was obama

Now you know how it feels to have people put words in your mouth.

And my opinion is obviously valued by some, I wish I could say the same about yours.

You wish you could say people valued MY opinion?
laugh.gif
you're not evenmaking sense...why would you wish that?

My-T.
I hope so.

laugh.gif

grin.gif
No.

ron paul is a racist

Way to refute my points.

im done
h a g n !
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

hey corn ball, Paul's paper, that he publishes and endorses, is very racist, and has a history of making very racist statements.

In fact, he's been questioned about racist rant articles that he has put his name on (like he was the author) in which he claims he didn't even read.

No, i'm not going to provide you with anything, google "ron paul racist" and i'm sure you will provide YOURSELF with more than enough EVIDENCE...

i actually think Paul is intelligent and COULD help the country...but aint no room in the future for bigots...

Newsletters published under his name but not written by him yet he's responsible?
laugh.gif

wow
alien.gif
I don't take Paul to be a racist. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt when he says that he allowed for his name to be used butwasn't diligent enough in following the newsletter.
I don't take Paul to be one of those" You can't use my name unless you pay me".

Obama said he doesn't agree with Wright even though he's sat in his church for 20 years. I give him the benefit of the doubt there. Obama has shownnothing to indicate that he's racist.
Actions are greater than words.

In Paul's case there seems to be a double standard though.
laugh.gif

WHEN IT'S ALL SAID AND DONE.....MCCAIN LOST OBAMA WON AND HE IS YOUR PRESIDENT FOR FOUR YEARS...GIVE IT UP REPUBLICANS YOU LOSTHAHA....CLOSET RACISTS CALL ME AND OTHER BLACKS N'S AND IGNORANT WHO FREAKING CARES

CAUSE

YOUR

PRESIDENT

IS

BLACK FOOL
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

55716f39fbdc29517aee7030a1fef14e533f82de.gif
14616d37f4d7285676e2ad401fe8fd408538d983.jpg
45716b30f0db22547143c5db20dbc8c40e55d9c2.jpg

0f936df136e4f66cd7e52746513574a84afd498d.gif

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

And my opinion is obviously valued by some, I wish I could say the same about yours.

laugh.gif
you're not even making sense...why would you wish that?

You're making my head hurt b. Just go to lunch.

My-T.

Originally Posted by WinstonDon

WHEN IT'S ALL SAID AND DONE.....MCCAIN LOST OBAMA WON AND HE IS YOUR PRESIDENT FOR FOUR YEARS...GIVE IT UP REPUBLICANS YOU LOST HAHA....CLOSET RACISTS CALL ME AND OTHER BLACKS N'S AND IGNORANT WHO FREAKING CARES

CAUSE

YOUR

PRESIDENT

IS

BLACK FOOL
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

45716b30f0db22547143c5db20dbc8c40e55d9c2.jpg

roll.gif

laugh.gif

My-T.

Trust me, the feeling is mutual. I'm still waiting to see why all these people you talk about value your opinion though.. guess it could beawhile before you prove that one. Maybe I shouldn't stick around...

neither is ron paul.
Being guilty of having his name on something isn't the same as him being racist.

Do his actions back the words you're attributing to him?

My-T.
I hope so.

laugh.gif

grin.gif
No.

ron paul is a racist

Way to refute my points.

im done
h a g n !
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

wow
alien.gif
I don't take Paul to be a racist. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt when he says that he allowed for his name to be used but wasn't diligent enough in following the newsletter.
I don't take Paul to be one of those" You can't use my name unless you pay me".

Obama said he doesn't agree with Wright even though he's sat in his church for 20 years. I give him the benefit of the doubt there. Obama has shown nothing to indicate that he's racist.

In Paul's case ther eseems to be a double standard though.
laugh.gif

Paul wrote those papers spouting racism.
did you read the links.
first he said he was quoted out of context then he said he didnt write it...
which one is it?
How is rev wright racist...
he served his country in the military only to come home and get ****tted on by the racism that existed in this country
a racism that was endorsed by the government.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

it's important to get behind our President and hope he does well.
word
You are right, we should be behind him, but I dont think the same would be said if McCain won last night.

laugh.gif

My-T.

Word. Some of these closet racists got me wanting to smash my keyboard.

Dirty...I'm glad to see you supporting Obama given your choice in party
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom