ELECTION DAY 2008:........... Barack Obama, the next President of the United States of America

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Originally Posted by nicefro

Even if he was .04% black, he's still waaay more black than any president we've ever had. (If that matters).

Not true. I have to go to class but many other presidents have had more than that much black in them.
Really? Who?

jackson, harding, jefferson, coolidge

People really do need to stop quoting Jeezy though...
smh.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by therealjondoe

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

So are these bad times gonna' create "good times"?

I'm not even trying to be smart on this one, I'm generally curious. But you have to admit, alot of you are very cynical.

And Daytona. I'm sure you would love for me to.

My-T.
I hope so.

The reason why Im not optimistic is because in his political career thus far Obama has shown no penchant for "change".
He has advisers and backers such as Rubin, Bezinski, and Soros who are part of the establishment that's got us into our present mess of a country.

I'm being serious here when I say that if Obama said that he'd appoint Rev. Wright as Sec. of State or another post I'd applaud him for that and I'd jumped on the bandwagon faster than Diddy running to a Prison shower room. Seriosuly.
laugh.gif

That would be real change.

Obama has shown me nothign thus far therefore I can only assume that he's spewing a bunch of empty rhetoric. Also, for the msot part that rhetoric doesn't adresses fundamental problems and is awfully vague.

so your blind and deaf i take it
grin.gif
No.
I choose to look at actions rather than words.

Words are like a-holes...

Take Ron Paul as an example. His congressional record speaks for itself.

What has Obama done? Voted in favor of: Extending the Patriot Act, Telecom Immunity Act, Bailout

That doesn't look like change to me.

ron paul is a racist

Way to refute my points.

you said all i need to hear
im done
i dont deal with racists or racist supporters
h a g n !
First time I ever heard Ron Paul being called a racist.
laugh.gif

well you should do a little more research about who you support

Maybe you should stop making things up.
I've never heard Paul utter anything racist. Maybe you can produce that tape/ audio recording?

Or is it guilt by association? Such as "Obama must be racist because Rev. Wright and a few racist Black Panthers support him!"
laugh.gif
Here you go http://www.cnn.com/2008/P...ul.newsletters/index.html
happy.gif

I voted for Obama, I'm a registered Republican.

I cant believe these self proclaimed Patriots are saying things like "He will never be my President" "This country has gone down the..."..... Guess what, he IS your president now, you need to deal with it and support him, hes not even in office yet and people are trying to write him off as the worst president ever... Cant we just see what this guy can do before we write him off? Or are we seriously caught up in the color of his skin to a point where we are blind to the fact that he is now our Commander in Chief.

Well said champ.

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

Originally Posted by selfmadepimp

i still dont think all black people voted for him just because he was black. more than 90% of blacks vote democrat all the time. yes him being black made more black people go and vote. but had he been a republican i dont think anyone would have said "well he is black so i will vote for him anyways even though i dont agree republicans."
this is what people can debate ... in my opinion, the majority of new voters were heavily influenced by things such as hating bush, color of his skin and his speaking ability ... new voters turned almost every important state for obama in his favor ...

i just wish he was arepublican so we could see the true side of people ... but since that wasnt the case, the republicans should look at their best minority politician and endorse him in 12' ... thats when we will see what the deal is
ok. i see what you are saying. but i have never seen many black people back up condoleeza rice so heavily. yes him being black is a big reason whyso many people voted. but not the only reason. because lots of people who voted republican in the last two elections voted democratic this election because forthe past 8 years we have been screwed over. so why do the same thing over again?

and mccain is old as dirt doubt he would have made it through the first four years. do you really want palin as your president?

a lot of you in here are trying to belittle our vote...most of us are educated black folk.

so everyone who voted for McCain was educated?

i'm pretty sure Obama won the college educated vote.

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

Originally Posted by nicefro

Even if he was .04% black, he's still waaay more black than any president we've ever had. (If that matters).

Not true. I have to go to class but many other presidents have had more than that much black in them.
Really? Who?

see what im talking about ... i hope you voted for obama
46a156efc0d2bef6f2af1a9b821b7b0e8fb1916.jpg

"The hell you gettin at, fam?"

Craftsy , My-T CLEARLY didn't say that's the reason he voted for him . Come on Conservatives , get real . You really think we would vote for ANY Blackperson ? If we would , why isn't Jesse or Al Sharpton in office right now ?

Your argument is whack &nd makes no sense . Obama was genuinely the better candidate , regardless of color . &nd the majority of white people that DIDvote for him proved just that .

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

you come out and basically just say you voted for him because he was black, even if you found out he was a bad politician... then you come back and say you didn't vote for him just because he was black..

Where was this stated?

My-T.
Okay - last time. When I said that he was more politician than black man, you came back with the "i don't care
pimp.gif
"... what any reasonable person should infer from that is, "i don't care what he actually stands for, i just care that he's black". If that's not what you meant to put out, YOU DID.

You're completely nonsensical thus far in our conversation.
Last time?

I didn't participate actively in this thread until the man won..and the way you "infer" is amazing.

My-T.

Last time meaning, this is the last time i'm going over this... that's why there was a period there, not a comma. You're inferenceskills are something else, too. I'm done discussing it, you've proven several times your "worth" in an actual discussion. Just keepthrowing up emoticons, they do a better job for you than your words.

How does that make sense to you? He's the better choice but not a good choice?
eek.gif

Get this!!!!! There could actually be a world where more than 2 candidates get national coverage, and more than 2 parties exist... i meanconsider it, a world where ideals can fall into more than just 2 choices... unbelievable.
eek.gif

Ignorance. If you voted for obama then why are you bickering.
Because I'm not a sheep - Obama doesn't represent me very well, but he's closer than the other 3 people that were listed on my ballot. I could write somebody in, but what does that prove? So you want me to be just freaking out in support over Obama just because I voted for him? %$## that - iwill be as critical of him as anybody, and i will do the same for any person elected into any position. It's called democracy, i know you're probablynew at it but this is how it's supposed to work.

I'm not even trying to be smart on this one, I'm generally curious. But you have to admit, alot of you are very cynical.

My-T.
I hope so.

The reason why Im not optimistic is because in his political career thus far Obama has shown no penchant for "change".
He has advisers and backers such as Rubin, Bezinski, and Soros who are part of the establishment that's got us into our present mess of a country.

I'm being serious here when I say that if Obama said that he'd appoint Rev. Wright as Sec. of State or another post I'd applaud him for that and I'd jumped on the bandwagon faster than Diddy running to a Prison shower room. Seriosuly.
laugh.gif

Obama has shown me nothign thus far therefore I can only assume that he's spewing a bunch of empty rhetoric. Also, for the msot part that rhetoric doesn't adresses fundamental problems and is awfully vague.

grin.gif
No.

What has Obama done? Voted in favor of: Extending the Patriot Act, Telecom Immunity Act, Bailout

ron paul is a racist

Way to refute my points.

im done
h a g n !
laugh.gif

I've never heard Paul utter anything racist. Maybe you can produce that tape/ audio recording?

Or is it guilt by association? Such as "Obama must be racist because Rev. Wright and a few racist Black Panthers support him!"
laugh.gif

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/10/paul.newsletters/index.htmlhttp://www.cnn.com/2008/P...ul.newsletters/index.html
http://raggedthots.blogspot.com/2008/01/ron-pauls-racism.htmlhttp://raggedthots.blogsp.../01/ron-pauls-racism.html

Originally Posted by BwooDFolkGD74

a lot of you in here are trying to belittle our vote...most of us are educated black folk.

But Obama nearly tied with McCain among white voters who had some college education, a group Bush won in 2004 by 11 points. This suggested acceleration of a trend that has been underway for at least a decade, as more and more college-educated white suburban professionals have been moving toward the Democrats. This improved showing by Obama was particularly relevant in Virginia and Colorado, the only two of the 10 states in the country with the highest rates of college education that Kerry lost.

http://http://www.washingtonpost...1/04/AR2008110404088.html

Originally Posted by EvansST

My-T.
I hope so.

laugh.gif

grin.gif
No.

ron paul is a racist

Way to refute my points.

im done
h a g n !
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Here you go http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/10/paul.newsletters/index.htmlhttp://www.cnn.com/2008/P...ul.newsletters/index.html
happy.gif

Yeh. I saw those when they came up in the primary.

None of the newsletters CNN found says who wrote them, but each was published under Paul's name between his stints as a U.S. congressman from Texas.

Paul says he didn't write them. Taking his entire record into account I tend to believe him.
In his interview with CNN, Paul said that's language he would never use. "People who know me, nobody is going to believe this," he said. "That's just not my language. It's not my life."
If he was this much a biggot there would surely be more.
Matt Welch, the editor-in-chief of "Reason" magazine who shares some of Paul's beliefs on big government, says he has never heard the congressman make racist comments like those in the newsletters.

Ron Paul's been agaisnt eh drug war from the beginning. What was the drug's wars purpose in the first place?
hint: control certain populations. Listen to the Nixon tapes.

Originally Posted by Antcyalater

Originally Posted by BwooDFolkGD74

, as more and more college-educated white suburban professionals have been moving toward the Democrats. This improved showing by Obama was particularly relevant in Virginia and Colorado, the only two of the 10 states in the country with the highest rates of college education that Kerry lost.

http://http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/04/AR2008110404088.htmlhttp://www.washingtonpost...1/04/AR2008110404088.html

so Obama picked up 10 states with the highest rates of college education?

My-T.
I hope so.

laugh.gif

grin.gif
No.

ron paul is a racist

Way to refute my points.

im done
h a g n !
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Here you go http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/10/paul.newsletters/index.htmlhttp://www.cnn.com/2008/P...ul.newsletters/index.htmlhttp://www.cnn.com/2008/P...ul.newsletters/index.html
happy.gif

None of the newsletters CNN found says who wrote them, but each was published under Paul's name between his stints as a U.S. congressman from Texas.

Paul says he didn't write them. Taking his entire record into account I tend to believe him.
In his interview with CNN, Paul said that's language he would never use. "People who know me, nobody is going to believe this," he said. "That's just not my language. It's not my life."
Matt Welch, the editor-in-chief of "Reason" magazine who shares some of Paul's beliefs on big government, says he has never heard the congressman make racist comments like those in the newsletters.

Ron Paul's been agaisnt eh drug war from the beginning. What was the drug's wars purpose in the first place?

Don't bother - you're just a closet racist wawa - i mean, if you aren't outside right now shooting off guns in celebration, you're just aracist.. point blank. There's no need to discuss things futher, either you're celebrating today, or you're a racist. period.
grin.gif

what yall fools are forgetting is that Bush got like 40% of the black vote last election so what are you all really trying to say.....people just felt likeMcCain was another Bush.....Blacks were on Hillary Clinton side during the primaries and Obama had to fight to get those votes.....and he did....i'm happyhe's in office but that doesnt mean i won't criticize him if he does some stuff that i dont agree with.....i gave Bush a chance and now look where thecountry is.....Just give Obama these 4 years to get everything headed in the right direction and he or whoever the 4 years after to complete the change.....ittook Bush about 6 years to F things up.....after his 1st term you could tell where it was headed...then by 2006/2007 it was already done....

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

My-T.
I hope so.

laugh.gif

grin.gif
No.

ron paul is a racist

Way to refute my points.

im done
h a g n !
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Here you go http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/10/paul.newsletters/index.htmlhttp://www.cnn.com/2008/P...ul.newsletters/index.htmlhttp://www.cnn.com/2008/P...ul.newsletters/index.htmlhttp://www.cnn.com/2008/P...ul.newsletters/index.html
happy.gif

Don't bother - you're just a closet racist wawa - i mean, if you aren't outside right now shooting off guns in celebration, you're just a racist.. point blank. There's no need to discuss things futher, either you're celebrating today, or you're a racist. period.
grin.gif

All I can do is
roll.gif
because no matter what you say the outcomeisn't going to change.

Point blank period
roll.gif

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

My-T.
I hope so.

laugh.gif

grin.gif
No.

ron paul is a racist

Way to refute my points.

im done
h a g n !
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

hey corn ball, Paul's paper, that he publishes and endorses, is very racist, and has a history of making very racist statements.

In fact, he's been questioned about racist rant articles that he has put his name on (like he was the author) in which he claims he didn't even read.

No, i'm not going to provide you with anything, google "ron paul racist" and i'm sure you will provide YOURSELF with more than enough EVIDENCE...

i actually think Paul is intelligent and COULD help the country...but aint no room in the future for bigots...

soooooo he'll remain unimportant.
Newsletters published under his name but not written by him yet he's responsible?
laugh.gif

My-T.
I hope so.

laugh.gif

grin.gif
No.

ron paul is a racist

Way to refute my points.

im done
h a g n !
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Here you go http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/10/paul.newsletters/index.htmlhttp://www.cnn.com/2008/P...ul.newsletters/index.htmlhttp://www.cnn.com/2008/P...ul.newsletters/index.html
happy.gif

The Freedom Report's online archives only go back to 1999, but I was curious to see older editions of Paul's newsletters,in part because of a controversy dating to 1996, when Charles "Lefty" Morris, a Democrat running against Paul for a House seat, released excerptsstating that "opinion polls consistently show only about 5% of blacks have sensible political opinions," that "if you have ever been robbed by ablack teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be," and that black representative Barbara Jordan is "the archetypicalhalf-educated victimologist" whose "race and sex protect her from criticism." At the time, Paul's campaign said that Morris had quoted thenewsletter out of context. Later, in 2001, Paul would claim that someone else had written the controversial passages. (Few of the newsletters contain actualbylines.) Caldwell, writing in the Times Magazine last year, said he found Paul's explanation believable, "since the style diverges widely from hisown."

Finding the pre-1999 newsletters was no easy task, but I was able to track many of them down at the libraries of the University of Kansas and the WisconsinHistorical Society. Of course, with few bylines, it is difficult to know whether any particular article was written by Paul himself. Some of the earliernewsletters are signed by him, though the vast majority of the editions I saw contain no bylines at all. Complicating matters, many of the unbylinednewsletters were written in the first person, implying that Paul was the author.

But, whoever actually wrote them, the newsletters I saw all had one thing in common: They were published under a banner containing Paul's name, and thearticles (except for one special edition of a newsletter that contained the byline of another writer) seem designed to create the impression that they werewritten by him--and reflected his views. What they reveal are decades worth of obsession with conspiracies, sympathy for the right-wing militia movement, anddeeply held bigotry against blacks, Jews, and gays. In short, they suggest that Ron Paul is not the plain-speaking antiwar activist hissupporters believe they are backing--but rather a member in good standing of some of the oldest and ugliest traditions in American politics.

Last time meaning, this is the last time i'm going over this... that's why there was a period there, not a comma. You're inference skills are something else, too. I'm done discussing it, you've proven several times your "worth" in an actual discussion. Just keep throwing up emoticons, they do a better job for you than your words.

Now you know how it feels to have people put words in your mouth.

And my opinion is obviously valued by some, I wish I could say the same about yours.

My-T.

Back
Top Bottom