ELECTION DAY 2008:........... Barack Obama, the next President of the United States of America

Originally Posted by KICKS OFF

Olbermann is a one trick pony political analyst. he does the same rant and rave performance over and over again, but changes the names of the people he uses for his platform. don't be fooled by anyone on any of those cable news network when it comes to information. it's just embarrassing how networks have corrupted the way the news is being delivered nowadays for the sake of ratings. I'm not a Republican or Democrat. I consider myself an Independent, even though I usually side more with the Democrats. people need to understand politics is a dirty game played by dirty people from both sides. I think TBONE goes overboard with some of his posts, but I honestly get a kick out them, and give him props for the updates of this Presidential race. at the same time, a few Obama supporters in here are also going way overboard with some of their posts. if anyone thinks McCain has gone this far without talking about issues to the people he's "targeting" you are sadly mistaken. both parties did not get this far without issues being involved. the problem is, both parties have been giving the American people limited explanation on the issues. we will get the full impact of the issues from both Obama and McCain during the debates. it has always been this way, and will always continue to be this way.

I will be voting for Obama, but this was a bad 3 days for the dem-party. you can almost feel the momentum swing slowly moving towards McCain.
smh.gif
@ Biden with those quotes about Hillary probably being a better pick as VP. does Biden drink? did anyone see Biden yesterday telling Columbia, MO State Senator Chuck Graham to stand? Chuck Graham is in a wheelchair.

Good points. +1

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by ProducedByTheJuice

Originally Posted by Essential1

In case people didn't see it . If you are voting for McCain and watch this and still support the Republican party. God help you. and have you no heart? No balls? No courage? No compassion or just?is it that You care more about yourself than you do this country?
That was incredible. I'm so fired up right now. I really wish I could see the face of any Republican (especially that roach Giuliani) as he watches that speech. Damn.
seriously, i found giuliani's speech to be a complete #@#!*@ joke entirely
eek.gif

Olbermann is a one trick pony political analyst. he does the same rant and rave performance over and over again, but changes the names of the people he uses for his platform. don't be fooled by anyone on any of those cable news network when it comes to information.

Where are the inaccuracies in what he spelled out?

McCain seems to be doing and using anything to get into office. Distraction Ads, Fear Tactics, Using a Woman as VP to gain votes...All while hiding behind theshadow of Palin.

It feels like Palin vs Obama rather than McCain vs Obama.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by ProducedByTheJuice

Originally Posted by Essential1

In case people didn't see it . If you are voting for McCain and watch this and still support the Republican party. God help you. and have you no heart? No balls? No courage? No compassion or just?is it that You care more about yourself than you do this country?
That was incredible. I'm so fired up right now. I really wish I could see the face of any Republican (especially that roach Giuliani) as he watches that speech. Damn.
seriously, i found giuliani's speech to be a complete #@#!*@ joke entirely
eek.gif

Olbermann is a one trick pony political analyst. he does the same rant and rave performance over and over again, but changes the names of the people he uses for his platform. don't be fooled by anyone on any of those cable news network when it comes to information.

Where are the inaccuracies in what he spelled out?

McCain seems to be doing and using anything to get into office. Distraction Ads, Fear Tactics, Using a Woman as VP to gain votes...All while hiding behind the shadow of Palin.

It feels like Palin vs Obama rather than McCain vs Obama.
smh.gif

�It's sad what they are resorting to try to win this election. This country will be even deeper into trouble if they pull this election out.

Originally Posted by weezyfeezy

Originally Posted by KICKS OFF

Olbermann is a one trick pony political analyst. he does the same rant and rave performance over and over again, but changes the names of the people he uses for his platform. don't be fooled by anyone on any of those cable news network when it comes to information. it's just embarrassing how networks have corrupted the way the news is being delivered nowadays for the sake of ratings. I'm not a Republican or Democrat. I consider myself an Independent, even though I usually side more with the Democrats. people need to understand politics is a dirty game played by dirty people from both sides. I think TBONE goes overboard with some of his posts, but I honestly get a kick out them, and give him props for the updates of this Presidential race. at the same time, a few Obama supporters in here are also going way overboard with some of their posts. if anyone thinks McCain has gone this far without talking about issues to the people he's "targeting" you are sadly mistaken. both parties did not get this far without issues being involved. the problem is, both parties have been giving the American people limited explanation on the issues. we will get the full impact of the issues from both Obama and McCain during the debates. it has always been this way, and will always continue to be this way.

I will be voting for Obama, but this was a bad 3 days for the dem-party. you can almost feel the momentum swing slowly moving towards McCain.
smh.gif
@ Biden with those quotes about Hillary probably being a better pick as VP. does Biden drink? did anyone see Biden yesterday telling Columbia, MO State Senator Chuck Graham to stand? Chuck Graham is in a wheelchair.

Good points. +1

I agree, Olberman is an extremist. There's so many reasons why Tom Brokaw asked NBC to remove Olberman and Mathews off the coverage.

And about the issues. Just wait until the debates when they are asked to address the issues "on the spot" and what they will do and then you willhave both sides and how they will.

As of right now the debates will dictate who will win this election thats why McCain has Palin so sheltered and out of the public view because she'sgetting intensely briefed on national security, domestic policy and etc.

If Palin comes of as a clueless inexperience candidate in the VP debates Obama will become president, if she does a great job expect to see McCain giving anacceptance speech in January. It doesn't even matter how McCain or Obama do in the debates the election is now centered around Sarah Palin... kinda sad.

[table][tr][td]Florida[/td] [td]InAdv/PollPosition[/td] [td]McCain 50, Obama 42[/td] [td]McCain +8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ohio[/td] [td]InAdv/PollPosition[/td] [td]McCain 48, Obama 47[/td] [td]McCain +1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Michigan[/td] [td]InAdv/PollPosition[/td] [td]Obama 44, McCain 45[/td] [td]McCain +1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Colorado[/td] [td]InAdv/PollPosition[/td] [td]Obama 49, McCain 46[/td] [td]Obama +3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Georgia[/td] [td]InAdv/PollPosition[/td] [td]McCain 56, Obama 38[/td] [td]McCain +18[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Ohio[/td] [td]Strategic Vision (R)[/td] [td]McCain 48, Obama 44[/td] [td]McCain +4[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Colorado[/td] [td]PPP (D)[/td] [td]Obama 47, McCain 46[/td] [td]Obama +1[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Georgia[/td] [td]Strategic Vision (R)[/td] [td]McCain 52, Obama 39[/td] [td]McCain +13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]North Carolina[/td] [td]Civitas/TelOpinion (R)[/td] [td]McCain 47, Obama 44[/td] [td]McCain +3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pennsylvania[/td] [td]Quinnipiac[/td] [td]Obama 48, McCain 45[/td] [td]Obama +3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Florida[/td] [td]Quinnipiac[/td] [td]McCain 50, Obama 43[/td] [td]McCain +7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ohio[/td] [td]Quinnipiac[/td] [td]McCain 44, Obama 49[/td] [td]Obama +5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Alabama[/td] [td]AEA/Capital Survey[/td] [td]McCain 55, Obama 35[/td] [td]McCain +20[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]National[/td] [td]Gallup Tracking[/td] [td]McCain 48, Obama 44[/td] [td]McCain +4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]National[/td] [td]Hotline/FD Tracking[/td] [td]McCain 46, Obama 44[/td] [td]McCain +2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]National[/td] [td]Rasmussen Tracking[/td] [td]McCain 48, Obama 48[/td] [td]Tie[/td] [/tr][tr][td]National[/td] [td]Democracy Corps (D)[/td] [td]Obama 46, McCain 48, Nader 2, Barr 1[/td] [td]McCain +2[/td] [/tr][/table]

Daily tracking average for Rasmussen/Gallup polls combined....
Daily in the sense that for "Wednesday" McCain won by 3.2% for JUST Wednesday, rather then looking at the 3-day tracking average which Rasmussen& Gallup publish

[table][tr][td]Sept 1st = Obama +10.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sept 2nd = Obama +0.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sept 3rd = Obama +7.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sept 4th = Obama +0.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sept 5th = McCain +0.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sept 6th = McCain +5.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sept 7th = McCain +3.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Monday = Obama +0.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tuesday = McCain +3.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wednesday = McCain +3.2[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Do you ever get tired of posting these worthless polls ?
How are they worthless? Because Obama is losing in them?
They give a great snapshot of where things stand in the race as far as nationally as well as state by state for the Electoral College.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I agree, Olberman is an extremist. There's so many reasons why Tom Brokaw asked NBC to remove Olberman and Mathews off the coverage.
so they put Rachel Maddow in his spot?

lol
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I know right. She's just as bad
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

so they put Rachel Maddow in his spot?

lol

Don't even get me started on this DUDE, Dirty.

That should tell you the type of people they have working at NBC hiring people from FAILED Air America.

I'm kind of confused about how the polls work. I know this is going to sound dumb but I don't remember everything from my government class two yearsago. Do the polls measure the popular vote or the electoral vote? In the real election, winner takes all right? Are the polls based on each state and the onewith the higher percentage is awarded that state?

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth

I'm kind of confused about how the polls work. I know this is going to sound dumb but I don't remember everything from my government class two years ago. Do the polls measure the popular vote or the electoral vote? In the real election, winner takes all right? Are the polls based on each state and the one with the higher percentage is awarded that state?
The "National" polls.... seen on the last page & up above that I just possted are popular vote for the nation and arejust a snap shot of overall who people voted for.
However, you win the election through the Electoral College..... winning individual states.
That's where the state polls come into play (see last page & that long list).
If McCain or Obama wins a state like lets say Colorado... then they're awarded 9 Electoral Votes.... and you need 270 to win.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Thats what im saying. Posting polls DAILY isn't meaningful, polls vary week to week. Son be flooding the thread with polls at least 3 times a day its not that serious. Theres no point of posting a poll from GA since that state hasn't voted democrat since Carter and that was only because he was governor, thats like posting a poll from Massachusetts which is heavily democratic.
Then don't come in the thread if you don't like what's being posted, it's not that hard.
Or just gloss over the polls & look at the other information if you want to read this thread.
This thread is for the 2008 Election..... the election is about #s, polls & winning states.
In this thread you get updates on the latest new articles as well as the latest polls.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Thats what im saying. Posting polls DAILY isn't meaningful, polls vary week to week. Son be flooding the thread with polls at least 3 times a day its notthat serious. Theres no point of posting a poll from GA since that state hasn't voted democrat since Carter and that was only because he was governor,thats like posting a poll from Massachusetts which is heavily democratic.

after all the videos posted on page 55, why would anyone vote for McCain.

"I disagree with what the majority of the American people wan't" - John McCain.

Why is the clown up the polls. Are Republicans pressing the mute button when they watch his speaches?

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

I'm kind of confused about how the polls work. I know this is going to sound dumb but I don't remember everything from my government class two years ago. Do the polls measure the popular vote or the electoral vote? In the real election, winner takes all right? Are the polls based on each state and the one with the higher percentage is awarded that state?
The "National" polls.... seen on the last page & up above that I just possted are popular vote for the nation and are just a snap shot of overall who people voted for.
However, you win the election through the Electoral College..... winning individual states.
If McCain or Obama wins a state like lets say Colorado... then they're awarded 9 Electoral Votes.... and you need 270 to win.

Oh ok. And the bigger states have more electoral votes? Got it.

So basically all these popular vote polls don't really matter?

The "National" polls.... seen on the last page & up above that I just possted are popular vote for the nation and are just a snap shot of overall who people voted for.

Yup.

"I disagree with what the majority of the American people wan't" - John McCain.

If a president did everything the public wanted him/her to do we'd be in deep *#%.

i cant wait for the debates. enough with this back and forth. i want to see them answer real questions.

If a president did everything the public wanted him/her to do we'd be in deep *#%.

Should a President do everything the public wants him/her to do, probably not, but should a President LISTEN to what the public is stating, absolutely.

"Then don't come in the thread if you don't like what's being posted, it's not that hard. "

didnt know you owned this thread. These polls are bs though anyway, the most important stat is new voter registration, which the dems are killin at

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/11/former-gop-senator-calls-palin-a-‘cocky-wacko’/
Former GOP senator calls Palin a 'cocky wacko'

Posted: 03:10 PM ET

art..chafee.gi.jpg

Former Rhode Island Sen. Lincoln Chafee has words for Sarah Palin.

corner_wire_BL.gif

(CNN) - Former Rhode Island Sen. Lincoln Chafee was known for keeping a low-key profile on Capitol Hill, but the Republican -turned -Independent is making waves with his exceedingly blunt comments on newly-minted Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin:

She's a "cocky wacko," he told a Washington think tank earlier this week.

Chafee, the lone Senate Republican to vote against the Iraq war who endorsed Obama's White House bid earlier this year, told an audience at the New America Foundation in Washington Tuesday that Palin's selection has energized Obama backers.

"People were coming into my office, phone calls were flooding in, e-mails were coming in, 'I just sent money to Obama, I couldn't sleep last night' - from the left. To see this cocky wacko up there," he said.

He also described McCain's candidacy as "lackluster" and described the selection of Palin as a throwing "this firestorm, this tornado, into the whole presidential election."

Chafee, whose father served as senator from Rhode Island from 1976 until his death in 1999, narrowly lost his re-election bid two years ago to Democrat Sheldon Whitehouse amid that election cycle's wave of anti-Republican sentiment.

Chafee made a stir earlier this year when he directly called out Democrats who supported the Iraq war and were now expressing regret for their vote.

"I find it surprising now, in 2008, how many Democrats are running for president after shirking their constitutional duty to check and balance this president," he wrote in his January 2008 book, "Against the Tide." "Being wrong about sending Americans to kill and be killed, maim and be maimed, is not like making a punctuation mistake in a highway bill."

Lets see the GOP pull the sexism card against their own
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah, here's a chart of the Electoral Votes showing how many each state gets.
Here's the breakdown of one map by Real Clear Politics based on poll averages.

2nr3ija.jpg

Back
Top Bottom