Eli Manning will be in the Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by AG 47

How does Eli Manning get in first ballot, but Ben Roethlisberger does not?

Because he Dilfer'd his way into that first SB victory.

Eli Manning's first playoff to Super Bowl run: 854 yards, 6 TDs, 1 INT, 102.2 avg QB rating.
Ben Roethlisberger's first playoff to Super Bowl run: 803 yards, 7 TDs, 2 rushing TDs, 3 INTs, 97.9 avg QB rating.

Trent Dilfer's only playoff to Super Bowl run: 590 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, 85.2 avg. QB rating.

Soooooooooooooooooo............ about that...

Would you be so kind as to also post their first SB stats as well?
happy.gif

Those include the Super Bowl. 
wink.gif

stop making me defend the rapist damn

Thank you.
laugh.gif
missed that part in black

But you left one convenient fact out:

Roethlisberger finished the game having completed just 9 of 21 passes for 123 yards and having also thrown two interceptions; his 22.6 quarterback rating was the lowest ever of any by a Super Bowl winning quarterback.

And that's the SB resume that should be first ballot?

Eli's first appearance wasn't AMAZING. Sure. But considering he didn't have a single rusher over 50 yards for the game and still put up decent numbers (255 yards, 2 TDs, 1 pick), along with the game winning TD pass...I think that makes the difference.

How does Eli Manning get in first ballot, but Ben Roethlisberger does not?
Perception. More than him "Dilfering his way to a SB win" I feel all that extra off the field problems he had may bite him in the %%*. Not saying it should count but the ppl who vote guys in are fickle that way.

Those include the Super Bowl. 
wink.gif

stop making me defend the rapist damn

Thank you.
laugh.gif
missed that part in black

But you left one convenient fact out:

Roethlisberger finished the game having completed just 9 of 21 passes for 123 yards and having also thrown two interceptions; his 22.6 quarterback rating was the lowest ever of any by a Super Bowl winning quarterback.

And that's the SB resume that should be first ballot?

Eli's first appearance wasn't AMAZING. Sure. But considering he didn't have a single rusher over 50 yards for the game and still put up decent numbers (255 yards, 2 TDs, 1 pick), along with the game winning TD pass...I think that makes the difference.

And it was also against Tom Brady and a undefeated team. Think that will have a factor as well in the voting

I have Eli and Ben right on the same level. Both tough QBs that have come through in the clutch but do get to play with some good defenses as well. Ben may be better in the regular season but Eli has been better in the SB. Both great in the playoffs

Manning just wins , Esp in the playoffs.

In my wildest dreams i would have never thought he would have 2 rings while romo still sits on 0...

Dare i say in the playoffs Eli>peyton ?

Originally Posted by polorico

In my wildest dreams i would have never thought he would have 2 rings while romo still sits on 0...

Exclusively in the playoffs Eli sits in a class of his own, those two sb runs he had are far more impressive than that of any active QB in the league with the exception of Brady.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by tim teufel

2 rings in 4 years all wins coming on the road cept the falcons game,7 on the road and one win at home. 2 Superbowl appearances with two wins yeah id call that a playoff juggernaut if you guys are quick to call a 15-1 regular season a juggernaut. who they beat this year lets see 10-6 falcons,15-1 packers (so called juggernaut) 13-3 niners (so called juggernaut) an d 13-3 pats (so called juggernaut) next.

You makin @#$% up now dude.  It's 2 rings in 5 seasons, not 4.  Steelers/Saints/Packers all won titles in between your 2, that's FIVE years. 

You certainly played well on the road, NO QUESTION, but slow up with the 9er Juggernaut nonsense, knock it off. 

And the Pats were 13-3, and solid, Juggernaut? 
eyes.gif
  You hypin stuff up now. 

I'm on your side about Eli is the man, you guys have been great twice in 5 years, no doubt, but stop trying to add extras on it all.  Be real. 

At this same rate, you win again in 5 years, and Eli retires shortly thereafter.  2-3 is a stretch man, plain and extremely simple. 

Dolphins lulz

polorico wrote:

its funny when you say this and ppl argue for peyton and have no substantial reason to say otherwise. Like ive said before other then individual stats in unimportant and meaningless games and skill set which is up for debate what has peyton done. Its what seperates like ppl saying mj>oscar... Has jordan ever average a triple double? Has mj had a 20/20/20 game? did mj avg over 30 pts and 10 rbs at any point of his career let alone his rookie season? Yet when yoou look at big games/playoffs/chips etc... MJ

Originally Posted by LDJ

polorico wrote:

its funny when you say this and ppl argue for peyton and have no substantial reason to say otherwise. Like ive said before other then individual stats in unimportant and meaningless games and skill set which is up for debate what has peyton done. Its what seperates like ppl saying mj>oscar... Has jordan ever average a triple double? Has mj had a 20/20/20 game? did mj avg over 30 pts and 10 rbs at any point of his career let alone his rookie season? Yet when yoou look at big games/playoffs/chips etc... MJ

If people just looked at ships they would say Bill Russel > All
Rings solidify things, and only when you have zero rings does it significantly hurt you. 1 ring and 2 rings is a difference but not enough to put Eli ahead of Peyton in my book.
Before last sunday Peyton had better everything, now he has better everything except championships.

Say Tyree doesn't make that catch a few years back, or say Welker doesn't drop that pass this year, and Patriots win both games. With EVERYTHING else the same, Eli's performance throughout his career is really > Peytons?
Two catches that in the end don't give or take away from Eli's skill at QB but because they went one way, Eli > Peyton???
Welker catches the exact same pass and Peyton becomes better?
Tyree drops that exact same pass and Peyton becomes better?

Peyton's career could be over soon, Eli's is not. No point in even saying Eli is better now, cause he defiantly is not, but lets just wait and see how he continues in the years to come.

Rings solidify things, and only when you have zero rings does it significantly hurt you. 1 ring and 2 rings is a difference but not enough to put Eli ahead of Peyton in my book.
Before last sunday Peyton had better everything, now he has better everything except championships.

Agreed. Eli ONLY gets compared to Peyton because they share the same last name. Period.

Agreed. Eli ONLY gets compared to Peyton because they share the same last name. Period.
Duh..... of course that's why they're being compared..
laugh.gif

It's ridiculous to say that Eli hasn't had a better postseason career than Peyton though.

at all this praising towards eli.

if he would of have never been traded to the giants, then he would of been a certified bum.

his #'s are not impresive.
a few lucky super bowls

that being said.

if phillip rivers was with the giants, then the giants would be cruising.

i dont get the praise for a qb that is not there for the whole game and only shows up for the last quarter.

Phillip Rivers #'s
[table][tr][td]Season[/td][td]Team[/td][td]G[/td][td][/td][td]QBRat[/td][td]Comp[/td][td]Att[/td][td]Pct[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Y/G[/td][td]Y/A[/td][td]TD[/td][td]Int[/td][td][/td][td]Rush[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Y/G[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]TD[/td][td][/td][td]Sack[/td][td]YdsL[/td][td][/td][td]Fum[/td][td]FumL[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2004-05[/td][td]San Diego[/td][td]2[/td][td][/td][td]110.9[/td][td]5[/td][td]8[/td][td]62.5[/td][td]33[/td][td]16.5[/td][td]4.1[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td][/td][td]4[/td][td]-5[/td][td]-2.5[/td][td]-1.3[/td][td]0[/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]10[/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2005-06[/td][td]San Diego[/td][td]2[/td][td][/td][td]50.4[/td][td]12[/td][td]22[/td][td]54.5[/td][td]115[/td][td]57.5[/td][td]5.2[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]-1[/td][td]-0.5[/td][td]-1.0[/td][td]0[/td][td][/td][td]3[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2006-07[/td][td]San Diego[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]92.0[/td][td]284[/td][td]460[/td][td]61.7[/td][td]3388[/td][td]211.8[/td][td]7.4[/td][td]22[/td][td]9[/td][td][/td][td]48[/td][td]49[/td][td]3.1[/td][td]1.0[/td][td]0[/td][td][/td][td]27[/td][td]144[/td][td][/td][td]8[/td][td]2[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2007-08[/td][td]San Diego[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]82.4[/td][td]277[/td][td]460[/td][td]60.2[/td][td]3152[/td][td]197.0[/td][td]6.9[/td][td]21[/td][td]15[/td][td][/td][td]29[/td][td]33[/td][td]2.1[/td][td]1.1[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]22[/td][td]163[/td][td][/td][td]11[/td][td]6[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2008-09[/td][td]San Diego[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]105.5[/td][td]312[/td][td]478[/td][td]65.3[/td][td]4009[/td][td]250.6[/td][td]8.4[/td][td]34[/td][td]11[/td][td][/td][td]31[/td][td]84[/td][td]5.3[/td][td]2.7[/td][td]0[/td][td][/td][td]25[/td][td]151[/td][td][/td][td]8[/td][td]4[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2009-10[/td][td]San Diego[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]104.4[/td][td]317[/td][td]486[/td][td]65.2[/td][td]4254[/td][td]265.9[/td][td]8.8[/td][td]28[/td][td]9[/td][td][/td][td]26[/td][td]50[/td][td]3.1[/td][td]1.9[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]25[/td][td]167[/td][td][/td][td]6[/td][td]3[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2010-11[/td][td]San Diego[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]101.8[/td][td]357[/td][td]541[/td][td]66.0[/td][td]4710[/td][td]294.4[/td][td]8.7[/td][td]30[/td][td]13[/td][td][/td][td]29[/td][td]52[/td][td]3.3[/td][td]1.8[/td][td]0[/td][td][/td][td]38[/td][td]227[/td][td][/td][td]7[/td][td]4[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2011-12[/td][td]San Diego[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]88.7[/td][td]366[/td][td]582[/td][td]62.9[/td][td]4624[/td][td]289.0[/td][td]7.9[/td][td]27[/td][td]20[/td][td][/td][td]26[/td][td]36[/td][td]2.3[/td][td]1.4[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]30[/td][td]198[/td][td][/td][td]9[/td][td]5[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Career[/td][td]100[/td][td][/td][td]95.5[/td][td]1930[/td][td]3037[/td][td]63.5[/td][td]24285[/td][td]242.9[/td][td]8.0[/td][td]163[/td][td]78[/td][td][/td][td]194[/td][td]298[/td][td]3.0[/td][td]1.5[/td][td]3[/td][td][/td][td]171[/td][td]1076[/td][td][/td][td]52[/td][td]24[/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]
eli's #'s
[table][tr][td]Season[/td][td]Team[/td][td]G[/td][td][/td][td]QBRat[/td][td]Comp[/td][td]Att[/td][td]Pct[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Y/G[/td][td]Y/A[/td][td]TD[/td][td]Int[/td][td][/td][td]Rush[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Y/G[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]TD[/td][td][/td][td]Sack[/td][td]YdsL[/td][td][/td][td]Fum[/td][td]FumL[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2004-05[/td][td]NY Giants[/td][td]9[/td][td][/td][td]55.4[/td][td]95[/td][td]197[/td][td]48.2[/td][td]1043[/td][td]115.9[/td][td]5.3[/td][td]6[/td][td]9[/td][td][/td][td]6[/td][td]35[/td][td]3.9[/td][td]5.8[/td][td]0[/td][td][/td][td]13[/td][td]83[/td][td][/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2005-06[/td][td]NY Giants[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]75.9[/td][td]294[/td][td]557[/td][td]52.8[/td][td]3762[/td][td]235.1[/td][td]6.8[/td][td]24[/td][td]17[/td][td][/td][td]29[/td][td]80[/td][td]5.0[/td][td]2.8[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]28[/td][td]184[/td][td][/td][td]9[/td][td]2[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2006-07[/td][td]NY Giants[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]77.0[/td][td]301[/td][td]522[/td][td]57.7[/td][td]3244[/td][td]202.8[/td][td]6.2[/td][td]24[/td][td]18[/td][td][/td][td]25[/td][td]21[/td][td]1.3[/td][td]0.8[/td][td]0[/td][td][/td][td]25[/td][td]186[/td][td][/td][td]9[/td][td]2[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2007-08[/td][td]NY Giants[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]73.9[/td][td]297[/td][td]529[/td][td]56.1[/td][td]3336[/td][td]208.5[/td][td]6.3[/td][td]23[/td][td]20[/td][td][/td][td]29[/td][td]69[/td][td]4.3[/td][td]2.4[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]27[/td][td]217[/td][td][/td][td]13[/td][td]7[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2008-09[/td][td]NY Giants[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]86.4[/td][td]289[/td][td]479[/td][td]60.3[/td][td]3238[/td][td]202.4[/td][td]6.8[/td][td]21[/td][td]10[/td][td][/td][td]20[/td][td]10[/td][td]0.6[/td][td]0.5[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]27[/td][td]174[/td][td][/td][td]5[/td][td]2[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2009-10[/td][td]NY Giants[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]93.1[/td][td]317[/td][td]509[/td][td]62.3[/td][td]4021[/td][td]251.3[/td][td]7.9[/td][td]27[/td][td]14[/td][td][/td][td]17[/td][td]65[/td][td]4.1[/td][td]3.8[/td][td]0[/td][td][/td][td]30[/td][td]216[/td][td][/td][td]13[/td][td]8[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2010-11[/td][td]NY Giants[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]85.3[/td][td]339[/td][td]539[/td][td]62.9[/td][td]4002[/td][td]250.1[/td][td]7.4[/td][td]31[/td][td]25[/td][td][/td][td]32[/td][td]70[/td][td]4.4[/td][td]2.2[/td][td]0[/td][td][/td][td]16[/td][td]117[/td][td][/td][td]7[/td][td]5[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2011-12[/td][td]NY Giants[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]92.9[/td][td]359[/td][td]589[/td][td]61.0[/td][td]4933[/td][td]308.3[/td][td]8.4[/td][td]29[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]35[/td][td]15[/td][td]0.9[/td][td]0.4[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]28[/td][td]199[/td][td][/td][td]8[/td][td]4[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Career[/td][td]121[/td][td][/td][td]82.1[/td][td]2291[/td][td]3921[/td][td]58.4
sick.gif
[/td][td]27579[/td][td]227.9[/td][td]7.0[/td][td]185[/td][td]129
sick.gif
[/td][td][/td][td]193[/td][td]365[/td][td]3.0[/td][td]1.9[/td][td]4[/td][td][/td][td]194[/td][td]1376[/td][td][/td][td]67[/td][td]31[/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]and with only 20 less games

numbers dont lie.

Originally Posted by ssjjfar

Originally Posted by LDJ

polorico wrote:

Say Tyree doesn't make that catch a few years back, or say Welker doesn't drop that pass this year, and Patriots win both games. With EVERYTHING else the same, Eli's performance throughout his career is really > Peytons?
Two catches that in the end don't give or take away from Eli's skill at QB but because they went one way, Eli > Peyton???

Peyton's career could be over soon, Eli's is not. No point in even saying Eli is better now, cause he defiantly is not, but lets just wait and see how he continues in the years to come.

true not just in terms of rings, but stats, clutch play, etc.... all factor. In which eli still has him beat. I mean has eli blown out more lottery bound teams then peyton..? Has eli has a better completion record against teams subpar 500? Yea I see your argument with bill but he did win championships and he plays a different position then mj, and in a different era, playing different rules, playing different teams. This isnt the case when comparing eli/peyton.

Outside of the sb run season and two years prior, peyton didnt nor ever performed decent, let alone well in playoff games, and or important season games.

I mean if its peyton against the raiders game 3 of the season and i want to just run up a score yes id take peyton. If its a superbowl, and significant season game or playoff game im taking eli. hell its a ton of players id take over peyton. end of the day when it comes to wins and lost and stepping up in big and important games hes done it 1 playoff season and a few games in the span of 13 yrs.

Its like ok bball, im not impressed with the heat or lebron if he has a ton of monster games against the raptors, and the kings etc... if he/they go mia (no pun intended) against chi, lakers, 76ers, etc.... Im like 50 pts against the cavs isnt all they great, if you get 8 against the bulls. Im more impressed with ok the guy gets 16 against the cavs, then gets 30 against the bulls. Yea one guy had a huuuuuuuuuuge game, but look at the context in which he had it, and its significance.

Give me a guy who gets 25/5/5 in the finals and playoffs versus a guy getting 35/10/8 in the reg season, and falls off the face of the earth in the playoffs.

^
I'm a big Rivers fan, but dude, you just posted those stats that show Eli with more yards, and more TD's than Rivers. 
laugh.gif

You really think INT's matter to the HOF?  Brett Favre is goin to the HOF, int's obviously do not hurt you. 

In terms of what is asked from from a QB to be in the hall, yards, td's, rating, wins, SB wins, and if they are a running type QB, rushing numbers.  Completion percentage don't do much, attempts, completions, yards per attempt, none of that stuff get a guy in, or keep a guy out. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  At dude couldn't argue a single thing I said, so he used my team as his reply. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

polorico wrote:

and yet peyton is #10 on the best of all time list ...
indifferent.gif

eli when he's done may have an argument ... 2 good runs doesn't compare to peyton. Football is a team game.

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  At dude couldn't argue a single thing I said, so he used my team as his reply. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
When a lame has no comeback or anything to refute the facts, he comes back with attacking "your" team.

This is my take on the matter.  Generally speaking to be considered a HOF player in football you have to have at least a 3-5 year run as being one of the Top 3 at your position.  At no point in his career has Eli ever been considered or argued for as a Top 3 quarterback in the league.  Based upon that I don't think Eli is a HOF'er. 

However, there are moments in time where players are moreso remembered for special moments or special settings within the game of football, ie. Joe Namath.  With that being said as long as Eli has at least 2-3 more solid or great years following this Super Bowl title I think he has a good shot to be in the HOF.  Mostly because from the public standpoint Eli beat the so called "invincible" Patriots, not just once but twice. 

Eli Manning IS clutch. Eli Manning IS Elite.
But Peyton Manning > Eli Manning.
One player has 2 Superbowl rings in a team game. The other has 4 regular season MVPs, the pinnacle of all individual accolades. An accomplishment that no one else IN THE HISTORY of the NFL has accomplished.
Some of you guys are just caught in the moment.

Originally Posted by ELCHAPULINCOLORADO

at all this praising towards eli.

if he would of have never been traded to the giants, then he would of been a certified bum.

his #'s are not impresive.
a few lucky super bowls

that being said.

if phillip rivers was with the giants, then the giants would be cruising.

i dont get the praise for a qb that is not there for the whole game and only shows up for the last quarter.

Phillip Rivers #'s
[table][tr][td]Season[/td][td]Team[/td][td]G[/td][td][/td][td]QBRat[/td][td]Comp[/td][td]Att[/td][td]Pct[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Y/G[/td][td]Y/A[/td][td]TD[/td][td]Int[/td][td][/td][td]Rush[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Y/G[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]TD[/td][td][/td][td]Sack[/td][td]YdsL[/td][td][/td][td]Fum[/td][td]FumL[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2004-05[/td][td]San Diego[/td][td]2[/td][td][/td][td]110.9[/td][td]5[/td][td]8[/td][td]62.5[/td][td]33[/td][td]16.5[/td][td]4.1[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td][/td][td]4[/td][td]-5[/td][td]-2.5[/td][td]-1.3[/td][td]0[/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]10[/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2005-06[/td][td]San Diego[/td][td]2[/td][td][/td][td]50.4[/td][td]12[/td][td]22[/td][td]54.5[/td][td]115[/td][td]57.5[/td][td]5.2[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]1[/td][td]-1[/td][td]-0.5[/td][td]-1.0[/td][td]0[/td][td][/td][td]3[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2006-07[/td][td]San Diego[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]92.0[/td][td]284[/td][td]460[/td][td]61.7[/td][td]3388[/td][td]211.8[/td][td]7.4[/td][td]22[/td][td]9[/td][td][/td][td]48[/td][td]49[/td][td]3.1[/td][td]1.0[/td][td]0[/td][td][/td][td]27[/td][td]144[/td][td][/td][td]8[/td][td]2[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2007-08[/td][td]San Diego[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]82.4[/td][td]277[/td][td]460[/td][td]60.2[/td][td]3152[/td][td]197.0[/td][td]6.9[/td][td]21[/td][td]15[/td][td][/td][td]29[/td][td]33[/td][td]2.1[/td][td]1.1[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]22[/td][td]163[/td][td][/td][td]11[/td][td]6[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2008-09[/td][td]San Diego[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]105.5[/td][td]312[/td][td]478[/td][td]65.3[/td][td]4009[/td][td]250.6[/td][td]8.4[/td][td]34[/td][td]11[/td][td][/td][td]31[/td][td]84[/td][td]5.3[/td][td]2.7[/td][td]0[/td][td][/td][td]25[/td][td]151[/td][td][/td][td]8[/td][td]4[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2009-10[/td][td]San Diego[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]104.4[/td][td]317[/td][td]486[/td][td]65.2[/td][td]4254[/td][td]265.9[/td][td]8.8[/td][td]28[/td][td]9[/td][td][/td][td]26[/td][td]50[/td][td]3.1[/td][td]1.9[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]25[/td][td]167[/td][td][/td][td]6[/td][td]3[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2010-11[/td][td]San Diego[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]101.8[/td][td]357[/td][td]541[/td][td]66.0[/td][td]4710[/td][td]294.4[/td][td]8.7[/td][td]30[/td][td]13[/td][td][/td][td]29[/td][td]52[/td][td]3.3[/td][td]1.8[/td][td]0[/td][td][/td][td]38[/td][td]227[/td][td][/td][td]7[/td][td]4[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2011-12[/td][td]San Diego[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]88.7[/td][td]366[/td][td]582[/td][td]62.9[/td][td]4624[/td][td]289.0[/td][td]7.9[/td][td]27[/td][td]20[/td][td][/td][td]26[/td][td]36[/td][td]2.3[/td][td]1.4[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]30[/td][td]198[/td][td][/td][td]9[/td][td]5[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Career[/td][td]100[/td][td][/td][td]95.5[/td][td]1930[/td][td]3037[/td][td]63.5[/td][td]24285[/td][td]242.9[/td][td]8.0[/td][td]163[/td][td]78[/td][td][/td][td]194[/td][td]298[/td][td]3.0[/td][td]1.5[/td][td]3[/td][td][/td][td]171[/td][td]1076[/td][td][/td][td]52[/td][td]24[/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]
eli's #'s
[table][tr][td]Season[/td][td]Team[/td][td]G[/td][td][/td][td]QBRat[/td][td]Comp[/td][td]Att[/td][td]Pct[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Y/G[/td][td]Y/A[/td][td]TD[/td][td]Int[/td][td][/td][td]Rush[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Y/G[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]TD[/td][td][/td][td]Sack[/td][td]YdsL[/td][td][/td][td]Fum[/td][td]FumL[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2004-05[/td][td]NY Giants[/td][td]9[/td][td][/td][td]55.4[/td][td]95[/td][td]197[/td][td]48.2[/td][td]1043[/td][td]115.9[/td][td]5.3[/td][td]6[/td][td]9[/td][td][/td][td]6[/td][td]35[/td][td]3.9[/td][td]5.8[/td][td]0[/td][td][/td][td]13[/td][td]83[/td][td][/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2005-06[/td][td]NY Giants[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]75.9[/td][td]294[/td][td]557[/td][td]52.8[/td][td]3762[/td][td]235.1[/td][td]6.8[/td][td]24[/td][td]17[/td][td][/td][td]29[/td][td]80[/td][td]5.0[/td][td]2.8[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]28[/td][td]184[/td][td][/td][td]9[/td][td]2[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2006-07[/td][td]NY Giants[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]77.0[/td][td]301[/td][td]522[/td][td]57.7[/td][td]3244[/td][td]202.8[/td][td]6.2[/td][td]24[/td][td]18[/td][td][/td][td]25[/td][td]21[/td][td]1.3[/td][td]0.8[/td][td]0[/td][td][/td][td]25[/td][td]186[/td][td][/td][td]9[/td][td]2[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2007-08[/td][td]NY Giants[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]73.9[/td][td]297[/td][td]529[/td][td]56.1[/td][td]3336[/td][td]208.5[/td][td]6.3[/td][td]23[/td][td]20[/td][td][/td][td]29[/td][td]69[/td][td]4.3[/td][td]2.4[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]27[/td][td]217[/td][td][/td][td]13[/td][td]7[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2008-09[/td][td]NY Giants[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]86.4[/td][td]289[/td][td]479[/td][td]60.3[/td][td]3238[/td][td]202.4[/td][td]6.8[/td][td]21[/td][td]10[/td][td][/td][td]20[/td][td]10[/td][td]0.6[/td][td]0.5[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]27[/td][td]174[/td][td][/td][td]5[/td][td]2[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2009-10[/td][td]NY Giants[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]93.1[/td][td]317[/td][td]509[/td][td]62.3[/td][td]4021[/td][td]251.3[/td][td]7.9[/td][td]27[/td][td]14[/td][td][/td][td]17[/td][td]65[/td][td]4.1[/td][td]3.8[/td][td]0[/td][td][/td][td]30[/td][td]216[/td][td][/td][td]13[/td][td]8[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2010-11[/td][td]NY Giants[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]85.3[/td][td]339[/td][td]539[/td][td]62.9[/td][td]4002[/td][td]250.1[/td][td]7.4[/td][td]31[/td][td]25[/td][td][/td][td]32[/td][td]70[/td][td]4.4[/td][td]2.2[/td][td]0[/td][td][/td][td]16[/td][td]117[/td][td][/td][td]7[/td][td]5[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]2011-12[/td][td]NY Giants[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]92.9[/td][td]359[/td][td]589[/td][td]61.0[/td][td]4933[/td][td]308.3[/td][td]8.4[/td][td]29[/td][td]16[/td][td][/td][td]35[/td][td]15[/td][td]0.9[/td][td]0.4[/td][td]1[/td][td][/td][td]28[/td][td]199[/td][td][/td][td]8[/td][td]4[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Career[/td][td]121[/td][td][/td][td]82.1[/td][td]2291[/td][td]3921[/td][td]58.4
sick.gif
[/td][td]27579[/td][td]227.9[/td][td]7.0[/td][td]185[/td][td]129
sick.gif
[/td][td][/td][td]193[/td][td]365[/td][td]3.0[/td][td]1.9[/td][td]4[/td][td][/td][td]194[/td][td]1376[/td][td][/td][td]67[/td][td]31[/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]and with only 20 less games

numbers dont lie.

lol

Yeah, let Eli play with two HOF'ers his entire career and see where his numbers are.

Log off.

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

Originally Posted by LDJ

polorico wrote:

and yet peyton is #10 on the best of all time list ...
indifferent.gif

eli when he's done may have an argument ... 2 good runs doesn't compare to peyton. Football is a team game.

True and im not saying they are, i mean i guess today season games im all the way going with peyton, playoffs/superbowl im taking eli. And while true it is a team game.... in all those years of colts falling short to the pats, it was peyton bad games and poor performances that made up for those losses. It wasnt like james had a bad game, the defense didnt hold up on their end. And i dont want to say I think eli>peyton as far as from a skill set etc.... But in terms of clutch performances, playoffs, superbowls i gotta go with the guy who wins far more then losses and thats eli.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by ssjjfar

Originally Posted by LDJ

true not just in terms of rings, but stats, clutch play, etc.... all factor. In which eli still has him beat. I mean has eli blown out more lottery bound teams then peyton..? Has eli has a better completion record against teams subpar 500? Yea I see your argument with bill but he did win championships and he plays a different position then mj, and in a different era, playing different rules, playing different teams. This isnt the case when comparing eli/peyton.

Outside of the sb run season and two years prior, peyton didnt nor ever performed decent, let alone well in playoff games, and or important season games.

Your going to take out Peyton's two postseasons where he went to the superbowl? If you do the same with Eli what do you have?
0 wins, 2 TD, 6INTs, 55 CMP%

Back
Top Bottom