Elon Musk trying to buy Twitter (edit: deal has been finalized)

I'm surprised it took them this long to come up with a Twitter alternative. According to Zuckerberg may have had over 30 million sign ups in the first 24 hours which is impressive.

The platform itself is still pretty half-baked. A chronological timeline and direct messaging should have been day one features. They also need to develop some feature that differentiates Threads from Twitter, I don't think Threads will succeed if it's literally the exact same thing as Twitter.

Being tied to an Instagram account is a smart idea for many reasons. Obviously it makes signing up and getting started quick but it also takes away one of the worst parts of Twitter.

One of the big complaints people have about Twitter is that it can get toxic. Tying a threads account to a real Instagram account makes it so people (hopefully) or less toxic because they are not as anonymous. Threads will ever kill Twitter but I think there is a big market for a PG-13, less toxic Twitter alternative.
Curious why you criticize for not having features that twitter has then saying it won't succeed if it's like twitter?

Twitter is dead, the successful launch is proof positive that they got caught slippin. Elon himself stated a majority of folks don't even post on twitter they just scroll, why launch an entirely different app if I can scroll and read the same folks on threads?

Yea they could keep PG13 Twitter, I’m only on that app for sports,music & anarchy…. Spread the negativity 🔥🔥

C15A84D4-29E4-4194-9ED2-1128CD24A245.jpeg

I trust Zuck to try to tie some Metaverse nonsense into Threads

But honestly, I wish someone like Microsoft would just buy Twitter on the cheap from Elon.

But they probably don't want the headache
Twitter is so ****ed, reputational damage for a company that relies on sponsors was just *chefs kiss*. Elon must have learnt such business tactics at a grad biz school
Zuck and Musk are both clowns...
babs-diddy.gif

Can twitter sue if they sacked the engineers who made this at threads? I feel like they forfeit that right with dismissal XD

Jks aside, think this was being developed before any twitter engineer even went to Meta so this lawsuit is as credible as a trump one

Last edited:
Got banned on Twitter twice but can’t delete my account. So I just lurk. It works for me.

Yeah, like apple tv essentially

Correct me if I’m wrong but don’t a couple of the streaming platforms do this now? I have Comcast Xfinity but when I search through the apps (Amazon, Hulu, Apple TV) they have options to add other channels/services like Paramount, Showtime App, HBO Max, etc.

Threads is kinda boring. It’s like a chat feed in a computer game scrolling across the screen. It needs work.

RN it’s reminding me of Facebook. 🤮

A $90 million success fee is pretty extraordinary

I'm imagining Wachtell's senior partners reading this lawsuit and doubling over laughing

dacomeup dacomeup what is the word on this in the legal streets? It's a joke, right? I mean, I imagine it's happening but everyone is just laughing at Elon :lol:

dacomeup dacomeup what is the word on this in the legal streets? It's a joke, right? I mean, I imagine it's happening but everyone is just laughing at Elon :lol:
Absolutely. He started, stopped, reneged, reaffirmed on this deal so much. Also Wachtell is the top law firm so their fees are crazy. I’m sure he had the highest profile Partners they have working on it too. He was scouring the DD and agreement looking for reasons to breach

If he had been smart he would have made severance packages connected to them signing a multi year noncompete, but I doubt he did that since he took so much pleasure firing people the second he got there he didn’t set up any process to do it.

Everything with Musk is Hubris.

Elon is the perfect example of how the super rich are damn near bulletproof, Most of his business looks shady as hell. He seems to really not know what he's doing & throughout it all he somehow added 100 BILLION to his net worth the past year :lol: :lol:

This country is ****ing insane

Back
Top Bottom