Eminem has let his stans down Vol. Occupy New Eminem

i admit i dont like that em raps fast alot but i still think he is best and better than anyone alive imo

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

laugh.gif
This is a joke.

Em on that new #%!#
White boys like how come
White boys want his old #%!#
Buy his old album
roll.gif
roll.gif

Hasn't he always been rapping about vulgar stuff?  And now they want him to stop those refererences?

*cue hand slapping emoticon back and forth gif*

^^^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pretty much. Eminem's content has always been made up of that. It's just now, he sounds
terrible doing it.

his whole writing "lil wayne-esque" punchlines is horrible. didnt even check the bad meets evil album...

Originally Posted by jthagreat

his whole writing "lil wayne-esque" punchlines is horrible. didnt even check the bad meets evil album...
Then you missed out. Was a pretty solid album...

you don't realize he grew up?
how's he gonna still rap about the same #+*# he used to...

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

he's basically been on that "Forever"/ "All She Wrote" style of rapping (double timing and stuff), he'd be better if he was still on that "old em" flow....we need that "if i had" em back, but here's the thing, EMINEM KNOWS WE DON'T LIKE HIM AS MUCH AS WE ONCE DID, listen to "Talking to Myself" off Recovery.....the BET cypher he did was all right (definitely better....still though), but he still needs to push it like he used to, content wise as well, he's not as edgy and raw as he once was.

Only alright????  C'mon son... The technique on that was pretty much flawless...

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

he's basically been on that "Forever"/ "All She Wrote" style of rapping (double timing and stuff), he'd be better if he was still on that "old em" flow....we need that "if i had" em back, but here's the thing, EMINEM KNOWS WE DON'T LIKE HIM AS MUCH AS WE ONCE DID, listen to "Talking to Myself" off Recovery.....the BET cypher he did was all right (definitely better....still though), but he still needs to push it like he used to, content wise as well, he's not as edgy and raw as he once was.

Only alright????  C'mon son... The technique on that was pretty much flawless...

Ain't anything different from what I already hear from him on albums. I stopped listening to hip-hop mainly for "technique" a long time ago.

Technique is for people who are deaf IMO

I mean seriously, what the hell was he talking about?

I'm not in middle school anymore. Talking rape and slapping girls with my wang is a thing of the past. I feel like its a meeting a lunch table listening to Eminem.

Originally Posted by nwtiger

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Then you missed out. Was a pretty solid album...
I couldn't get into it, the fast rap is annoying to me. I bought it too but I never play it

Originally Posted by sillyputty

I'm not in middle school anymore. Talking rape and slapping girls with my wang is a thing of the past. I feel like its a meeting a lunch table listening to Eminem.

These are some of the same dudes (I'm not specifically talking about Essential at all here) who would put MF DOOM over 2Pac because he's got more "technique" in his rhymes.

Y'all listen to what you want, but for me pure rhyming for alot of MCs is putting words together just to match. At least dudes like Rakim used it for a purpose.

100% agree just shared.

the problem with Eminem is he's all gimmicks and a shell of his former self.

he can't make up good lyrics so he raps fast.

people think its cool to have metaphors so now his previous subtle metaphors that might've been cool are now lame and he has to point them out like we're idiots.

"YOU SEE YOU GET THAT LINE its going down like a toilet flushing cause stuff goes down the toilet!!!"

These are some of the same dudes (I'm not specifically talking about Essential at all here) who would put MF DOOM over 2Pac because he's got more "technique" in his rhymes.

Y'all listen to what you want, but for me pure rhyming for alot of MCs is putting words together just to match. At least dudes like Rakim used it for a purpose.

Both of you guys are idiots. You listen to your favorite rapper because you enjoy his way of getting across to you. When you think about it everyone in rap does the same exact thing; you gravitate to those who you speak to you the most. So how is technique for the deaf then? I agree with Eminems BET Cypher sounding like a high school lunch table rap because that's what people in a circle do rapping. No one comes to a cypher to drop thought provoking rhymes to change your life. It's supposed to be fun. 

But yeah back to the point, Eminem's fallen off because he wants to sound like he did on the Eminem Show. It was when he sounded the most "normal" and had that hip hop flow down. Now when he tries to do it he ends up yelling and barely finishing words. It just sounds bad. Relapse worked because he wasn't thinking about how he sounded and IMO the accents came naturally and made his flow smooth as hell. 

The accents on Relapse is what made that album awful. They may come off as "natural", but they're still awful.
No accents on Relapse (& Encore) = me actually going back to listening to those.

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Y'all listen to what you want, but for me pure rhyming for Both of you guys are idiots. You listen to your favorite rapper because you enjoy his way of getting across to you. When you think about it everyone in rap does the same exact thing; you gravitate to those who you speak to you the most. So how is technique for the deaf then? I agree with Eminems BET Cypher sounding like a high school lunch table rap because that's what people in a circle do rapping. No one comes to a cypher to drop thought provoking rhymes to change your life. It's supposed to be fun. 

But yeah back to the point, Eminem's fallen off because he wants to sound like he did on the Eminem Show. It was when he sounded the most "normal" and had that hip hop flow down. Now when he tries to do it he ends up yelling and barely finishing words. It just sounds bad. Relapse worked because he wasn't thinking about how he sounded and IMO the accents came naturally and made his flow smooth as hell. 

I was simply explaining my perspective. If you rock with Em (or not) then all power to you.

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Both of you guys are idiots. You listen to your favorite rapper because you enjoy his way of getting across to you. When you think about it everyone in rap does the same exact thing; you gravitate to those who you speak to you the most. So how is technique for the deaf then? I agree with Eminems BET Cypher sounding like a high school lunch table rap because that's what people in a circle do rapping. No one comes to a cypher to drop thought provoking rhymes to change your life. It's supposed to be fun. 

Oh ok. So you agree that it sounds sophomoric for someone who has been in the game for over a decade. 
You're defending wack lyrics? But I bet you'll go off on somebody like Waka or French Montana for not having lyrics. 
eyes.gif
...at least those last two artists have stuff that SOUNDS DECENT to where you can forget the lyrics.

Eminem is garbage and I don't let the fact that he's been around for 10 years blind me from that fact. 

He couldn't do a tour like Jay-Z if he wanted to. His catalog ain't that strong either. 

Him and 50 are in the same bag in my eyes. 

Being paid doesn't matter to me since I'm not in their pockets. I'll leave that to groupie fans who live on the edge of each word of gossip about what their favorite persona is doing. 

All I have to judge artists on is their MUSIC and if that sucks then they're a non-factor to me. 

Eminem has to combat other artists who have either taken his style or are popular enough to be temporary front runners. Tyler, the Creator is a reinvention of Eminem, so Em has to bring back old Em with a advanced style just to show he's championed the competition. Truthfully Em has nothing to talk about besides crap and his crazy visualizations since the whole low-of-lows/re-born act is over. Back to square one.

Look at the 2010 BET cypher and compare it to the Shady 2.0 cypher. Same senseless babbling. Dude's running out of concepts.

Slaughterhouse > Eminem

THIS
LuketheJediKnight wrote:
Essential1 wrote:
elcerrito91 wrote:

Ain't anything different from what I already hear from him on albums. I stopped listening to hip-hop mainly for "technique" a long time ago.

All I'm saying is that most of his stuff now is not as good as the BET cypher, which still had a little bit of that Relapse accent stuff, which is what turned a lot of people off in general. I would agree that the old Em was on the Re Up, but even on some of bad meets evil he had that annoying flow. but on some of the songs he's the classic Em. But to me if he's not 100% back then he's pretty whack to me, sure I'll bother listening to whatever new song he puts out, but the more garbage I hear the less I feel like listening to his new stuff......if he tried and came back with those fierce and creative rhymes then his reputation would improve and more people would like him again, that said I still he's the best rapper....
back then he was rapping about stuff that mattered instead of random $hit like now, I mean his addiction was important, but there aren't those same deep rhymes about it like pretty much all his early stuff had....that's what made it so good imo.

tyler will never be on em's level, he is truly the epitome of whack.....

Back
Top Bottom