Eminem : Revival

Murder, Murder... dog I haven’t heard that song in years. That just took me back to 8th grade like a mf :lol:

That story telling ability, man. :smokin
It’s amazing. I still throw it on and see the whole thing play out.

Back in the Napster days.:pimp:

This is why I can’t sit back when people try to downplay Em. When he was in his lane, you can’t say he wasn’t amazing with creating a visual and telling a story.

This is why I can’t sit back when people try to downplay Em. When he was in his lane, you can’t say he wasn’t amazing with creating a visual and telling a story.

Dog. Since I was 13 years old or so, I could vividly picture the 2nd verse playing out like it was a movie. :lol: :smokin

Stole her car and made a profit, grabbed the tape from out the deck
And launched it out the window like the girl in Set It Off did
Jetted off kid, stole the whip, now I'm a criminal
Drove it through somebody's yard, dove into they swimming pool
Climbed out and collapsed on the patio
I made it out alive but I'm injured badly though
Parents screaming, "Johnny go in and call the police
Tell em there's a crazy man disturbing all of the peace"
Tried to stall him at least long enough to let me leap up
Run in they crib and at least leave with some little cheap stuff
Acting like they never seen nobody hit a lick before
Smashed the window, grabbed the Nintendo 64
When they sell out in stores the price triples
I ran up the block jumping kids on tricycles
And collided with an eighty-year-old lady with groceries
There goes cheese, eggs, milk and Post Toasties
Stood up and started to see stars
Too many siren sounds, it seemed like a thousand police cars
Barely escaped, must'a been some dumb luck
Jumped up and climbed the back of a moving dump truck
But I think somebody seen me maybe
Plus I lost the damn Nintendo and I must'a dropped a Beanie Baby
**** it I give up, I'm surrounded in blue suits
Came out with a white flag hollering "truce-truce"
And surrendered my weapon to cops
Wasn't me, it was the gangster rap and the peppermint Schnapps

***** ran into the old lady and lost the N64 :rofl:

Didn't know Em was dropping a new album.

NT don't **** with Em I see, but I'll check it out.

Stay Wide Awake is one of my favorite rap songs of the last ten years. His flow and wordplay is unreal. Not many can do it. Didn't even mind the accent on that one.

I’ve never heard anything like the second verse. Your post just made me double back and put this song on repeat. :lol:

Pretty such. Songs like those posted I'm sure are why we became fans of him. But for more than a decade, Royce and Kuniva have been making more appealing and flat out better music than him.

I’ve never heard anything like the second verse. Your post just made me double back and put this song on repeat. :lol:

Fam, I still SMH every time I hear that song. It's unreal how little recognition this song gets son. **** came on shuffle a few days ago and I just sat and listened in awe.

Stay Wide Awake is one of my favorite rap songs of the last ten years. His flow and wordplay is unreal. Not many can do it. Didn't even mind the accent on that one.
I forgot about that song. Ish dope.

Soon as my flow starts
I compose art like the ghost of Mozart
Even though they all say that they're real
I know that most aren't
Boy you think you're clever don't ya
Girl you think you're so smart
Come with me to another side in a world so cold and so dark
Stay wide awake

Eminem has some good hooks and sings pretty good when he sings his own hooks. I hope he sings a lil more on his new album. He sings a lil on a Stay Wide Awake.

Last edited:
Inspirational Em has been incredibly boring for me. Can't say I've enjoyed a project since Eminem Show and I was like in 6th grade when that dropped.
Heard the new single and it's not for me. Respect how much of a monster this dude was but can't say I'm gonna check for this album.

Obviously the Beyonce ain't doing what he thought it would.

I wish Em would do what Jay did with 444. Stop reaching for these underdog/inspirational movie singles. Just rap and put it out.

Obviously the Beyonce ain't doing what he thought it would.

I wish Em would do what Jay did with 444. Stop reaching for these underdog/inspirational movie singles. Just rap and put it out.

This right here. Just go mature on us and flat out rap. No gimmicks, just skill.

3B76557D-A8D0-40AD-A32F-249E1DF79AC2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom