EMS QUESTION

I received some packages via LBC from a friend who I ask to buy jerseys for me, no taxes paid, not sure about now, with DHL, there's tax to pay, if you live nearby Megamall area or Makati, Johnny Air Cargo will be a good option too, no tax to pay

hello guys! if you're interested to know how the import duties are computed, this might help: http://forums.gov.ph/thre...ootID=217582&catID=9
smile.gif

if i'm not mistaken, 15% is the rate of duty/tariff for athletic shoes

hope this is not OT

just a heads up guys. actually what happened to me was a scam (glad i didn't fall for it). someone from customs would call you telling that you need to pay a certain amount before you can get your package. they will give you an account number to where you should deposit the money and they will tell you that they will deliver the package after. i don't know how they got my name and my number. and they also know that my package is at fedex. maybe it's someone from the "inside" who is doing this.

Anyone here tried to ship via EMS from PH to USA? How long does it usually takes? I've asked the post office personnel last time and informed me around 3 to 5 days only, but it has been 6 days already and the recipient haven't received it yet, thanks!

Originally Posted by icebox15

Anyone here tried to ship via EMS from PH to USA? How long does it usually takes? I've asked the post office personnel last time and informed me around 3 to 5 days only, but it has been 6 days already and the recipient haven't received it yet, thanks!

normally express mail: 5 - 7 days while regular mail (priority mail) takes 8 - 12 days

Originally Posted by jeddahblaster

normally express mail: 5 - 7 days while regular mail (priority mail) takes 8 - 12 days
follow up question:

is it better to do it at the post office or through a commercial shipping company like lbc?

Originally Posted by blasdiaz

follow up question:

is it better to do it at the post office or through a commercial shipping company like lbc?
Mahal masyado sa LBC compare to govt run Philpost. Malaki ang difference sa rates ng shipping cost

Bro, I shipped it last Feb 2, does it mean, it will arrive more or less on the 9th? Because until now when I track the item via USPS.com, it still says "Your item left MNL CTRL MAIL EXCHANGE CTR EXPRESS, PHILIPPINES onFebruary 2, 2010. Information, if available, is updated periodicallythroughout the day. Please check again later." this is actually my first time to ship an item via EMS, I used to ship via FedEx before they had a strict policy between document and non document items

Bro, I shipped it last Feb 2, does it mean, it will arrive more or less on the 9th? Because until now when I track the item via USPS.com, it still says "Your item left MNL CTRL MAIL EXCHANGE CTR EXPRESS, PHILIPPINES onFebruary 2, 2010. Information, if available, is updated periodicallythroughout the day. Please check again later." this is actually my first time to ship an item via EMS, I used to ship via FedEx before they had a strict policy between document and non document items
Yes
happy.gif

^bro, it will get there.. Just be patient.. I've experienced shipping items from here to the US.. 7 to 14 days is what i'm saying to the buyer.. Sometimes i contact the buyer through ebay/e-mail so that he can update me if he has already the item.. Sometimes the buyer will receive it first then after awhile the USPS website will be updated that the item has been delivered. HTH!

@i3asuncion

thanks bro, sabi kasi sa Post Office 3 to 5 days, kaya nagaalangan ako na baka hindi makarating, thanks again for the help
smile.gif

just like to share... i got my RESNs today, it arrived last Friday but i was only able to pick it up today... I got taxed of course luckily it wasn't that big... My shoes was declared at $50 and i paid about 1.5k... The lady asked me if it was really only $50 coz nike sneakers are expensive daw and should be more than $50... i said yeah since it's an old style and got it on sale...
smile.gif
Good thing i wasn't asked for an invoice... Indeed they have a slogan on beating their targets!!!!!!
smile.gif

^oooppss sorry for the confusion, i mean the $50 is the declared value... not the actual price of the shoes... lady was insisting it should be more than that, i just took a stand that it was really $50 eventhough it's not...
smile.gif

^ I'll look for Mang Danny's number in my old phone. Expect a call from me soon.

Its so sad naman to hear horror stories of items being taxed so much... Kinakabahan ako tuloy sa jacket kong ipa order sa cousin ko... she sent me the adidas philippine jacket valued at $85 and sent via USPS EMS (But I don't know if she marked it as a gift and lowered the value)...

I'm here in Bacolod and its my first time na pinadal-an ng package thru USPS (usually dati kasi balikbayan boxes eh). Binigyan ako ng tracking number ng cousin ko and usually daw 5-7 days papunta pinas but I know once it arrived here matatagalan yan... so I'm expecting a week or 2...

Plus I'm worried of the item either being lost or being taxed so much...

Whats the usual thing? delivered straight to my house? or via post office? so far as I've read thru alot of forums and posts here, parang random yung delivery or taxed nila... hayz... pilipinas nga naman... its one of those times na you feel not being proud of pinoys because of the corruptions.

lately, almost all packages have to be claimed at the PhilPost Customs area. That said, paying tax is almost inevitable. i think the only parcels that are safe from tax are those that are placed in document pouches (jeans, shirts, etc) as opposed to the ones in boxes.

I agree with Gameover2, I've bought a jersey via online, from Taiwan, and the jersey was delivered straight to my place.

if the item is in box, I think it's an automatic via pick-up

Kinakabahan na ako "Arrived Abroad" na yung status... ano kaya sunod? Does it pass through central post? or diretso Bacolod? Yung mga nasa province dyan any experience?

^ Jeddahblaster mentioned that from his experience, EMS delivers straight to the house for provincial addresses. Anyway, let us know how things go for you.

Back
Top Bottom