EMS QUESTION

there saying theres a limit ,i already told them na im into sneakers,pero kng madme daw,ma red flag daw sa customs

Originally Posted by solepatrole

there saying theres a limit ,i already told them na im into sneakers,pero kng madme daw,ma red flag daw sa customs
Tell em something like, yung iba sa utol mo or some'n.
What's happenin' with customs this past few months...tsk tsk...
smh.gif

so i bought sneakers from a seller in taiwan and had it shipped through EMS. i asked the seller (4kickz) in which he/she agreed to declare it for 30$. so i gotmy EMS notice saying it was ready for pick-up. normally when i buy through ebay (even internationally), it gets shipped directly to my house and pay 35 pesosso this is something new to me. good thing though i live a good 15 minutes away from the EMS office. so i went to the counter and they asked me to go tocustoms. after waiting for about an hour and a half, it was my turn. as agreed, the value was declared as 30$. so the customs officer checked the package andasked me to go in their office, sat down behind her desk and pulled out a paper (size of a standard prescription paper) and started computing for the tax. iwas amazed at how long the computation was. in the end, i paid a total of 1,253 for custom taxes plus the 35 pesos due for philippine post. i was asking forthe paper that contained the breakdown but they didn't want to give it. hmmm

anyway, a lot of people were frustrated there. there was even this girl who shipped a japanese doll, maybe during the shipping it got beheaded. and she wasbeing asked for taxes more than 2,000! she was damn furious screaming "PI PI wala na ngang ulo sisingilin niyo pa ako dalawang libo! PI PI". one kidwas shipped a "used" nintendo DS lite and was being asked for 5K of taxes. poor kid, he was almost in tears and didn't know what to do.

they have the sign in their wall that read "1. beat the target 2. beat the target 3. if you don't reach the target go to # 1." i guessthey're refering to over-charging.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

^yes, that's whats going on right now. I went there last week and had to get my item. Mine was $20 dollars on what is declared on the shipping informationand the customs staff told me that "usually shoes ranges from $40 to $60, if you want me to believe that this shoe isreally $20 bring your receipt or invoice from the seller" =(... So after that they computed for my item for $50 not $20 and turns out i have to payPhP1900
smh.gif
. I think they really want to beat the target, so all of the itemsthat comes internationally will be subjected to TAX... Hopefully not all that are comin' this month or this year. Hopefully it will end soon, on thembeating their target. In my experience, they've showed me the computation, what i'm concerned with is the cost of the item being raised from $20 to$50....
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Siguro ang mapapayo ko lang, hinay hinay muna sa pag bili Online or if you want, ship the item to your relatives that will be going back soon so that no taxwill be collected from you. Hope this helps!
happy.gif

a bit OT: What's the best way to ship electronics - gaming consoles, bluray players - to the PI? Sabi sakin JAC is okay but we don't have a JAC nearus. DHL doesn't accept electronics with their Air cargo, and most sea cargo says sender daw ang may risk pag nadamage o nawala ang items tapos mayadditional charges pa na 30-40% of declared value ng items. I don't want to use USPS at pagdating dyan malamang may tax pa na napakalaki at baka mawaladin. I've heard of items being stolen in Fedex too.

man.. those are some greedy mothers... i wanna send some stuffs in the PI but i guess i'll jus bring them when i get back there instead of sending it.

i remember years ago when i had won an ebay auction for an optimus prime figure but it was sent through usps and was shipped to sucat post office instead ofour house. greedy customs tried to bully for me for 1000 bucks, but through calmness, breathing exercises and outright patience, just gave them 500 and wenthome.

Hey Nt guys.

Anyway i just have a quick question as this is a first time scenario for me. To give a bit of a background. Im pretty aware of the conditions in buying online,whether from ebay or other merchants that sell products specifically shoes. All of the items i ordered have been shipped and brought directly to mybilling/mailing address.

This is the main question. I recently bought something of ebay (a pair of shoe lace). Then to my surprise today, i got a letter/not from who else but thecustoms people that my item is already at hand and can claim it, otherwise it would be sent back to sender. To give you and idea the laces are like $3.00shipped. So im just wondering if i just get it and pay for the 35.00 charge or do they tax me for a single pair of laces. Anyway i dont have problems with it,but im just worried that they might tax me with quite an amount of money just for those.

Inputs are appreciated. Thanks.

^^^ I don't think they will tax you for a pair of laces. That would be absurd and grossly unbecoming if they did. Humbly tell them it's almost worthnothing at $3.00, I think they will let it go with no tax. Hope this helps

^ Wow that was fast. Pareng Bong, thanks for the reply. Yeah i hope they wont tax it or something just for a little piece of actually nothing. I just hope thatthe reason why it got held is for security or something. Anyway wish me luck.

On another note, im not sure if you're the bong pareng miko is refering to. As he just informed me earlier that he will meet up with you daw. Was supposedto join but, work is just heavy recently.

Anyway thanks again Bong. Have a good evening.

^^^ Yes, pareng Toots. That's me. I hooked up with Pareng Miko kanina and we had a great time catching up, talking kicks and ms clavel and just life ingeneral. Sayang, it would have been cool to have met up with you too, pareng Toots. I'm sure customs just wants to know why you would spend more forshipping than the actual value of the item being shipped. Just tell them you have no choice hehehehe And good luck pare!!!

Originally Posted by revelation218

^^^ I don't think they will tax you for a pair of laces. That would be absurd and grossly unbecoming if they did. Humbly tell them it's almost worth nothing at $3.00, I think they will let it go with no tax. Hope this helps

their actual computation is declared value + shipping cost. they just find ways to take your hard-earned moolah.
mad.gif
mad.gif

^ Thanks redmjay. Appreciate the info.

@ Pareng Bong, alright. So thats you indeed. Too bad i wasnt able to join you guys. It would have been a great time and additional knowledge to me about shoeschatting with you and miko. Haha! Seriously id be glad to meet you pare. Anyway theres a next time. Be safe man.

Yeah i understand what you mean. Coz they might also wonder why on earth would someone have something shipped in this small package, must be drugs or somethingdelicate? Haha! Yeah i got you. Ill drop by them by next week.

Have a good day NT!

I went this afternoon to pasay post office to claim my package. I was a little nervous on how much they will tax me because the declared value of the item was$100, to my delight they only ask me to pay the fee of 35 pesos..
happy.gif

Just drop by earlier today at EMS Pasay Office to pick up an item. Yung isang staff ng custom ayaw maniwala sa declared value na nakalagay sa invoice. Sabi nyasa akin. "Iho walang $30 na nike shoes grabe naman ang mura masyado nyan tapos Air Jordan pa!".....but I insist eto ang nasa invoice so sundin nyodapat yan. I talk to their department head so ayun umokey naman sa value na nakadeclare. Grabe she want the item to be valued $200 so its around 3,500php angcustom tax. Grabe talaga!!!!

I notice lang kasi bakit minsan diretso sa house but some are you need to pick it up to EMS Pasay and pay this freaking custom taxes....
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Timing timing lang yan, mga bros.

And it's actually legal and it's their job to scrutinize the declared value because they know that a lot of the packages are misdeclared to avoidtaxes. It's not that they are corrupt or anything like that, it's their job to do that.

What I do is just befriend them and hope they only tax me P1k-P2k max per package. Sometimes I can get away with it but sometimes pag marami yung laman ngpackage, I really get taxed a lot because they also don't want to look biased dun sa mga post office personnel. It's part of the game

Originally Posted by revelation218

Timing timing lang yan, mga bros.

And it's actually legal and it's their job to scrutinize the declared value because they know that a lot of the packages are misdeclared to avoid taxes. It's not that they are corrupt or anything like that, it's their job to do that.

What I do is just befriend them and hope they only tax me P1k-P2k max per package. Sometimes I can get away with it but sometimes pag marami yung laman ng package, I really get taxed a lot because they also don't want to look biased dun sa mga post office personnel. It's part of the game
nadiskartehan ko na lang kaya at pinagpilitan ko yung ang nakasulat sa declare value.Pakiusapan lang talaga. Thanks a lot! Sir Rev.....
expert na expert regarding sa mga EMS Custom issues.
pimp.gif

^^^ That's right, pareng Jeddah. Diskarte lang talaga yan. I am no expert, I just have a lot of experience, that's all.

Hope this helps

hindi ba if the item is less than $75 should be wala nang tax pa? thats based on my experience ah, madalas kasi ko bumuili ng blu rays online
happy.gif

hi guys, i bought something from the US and the seller shipped my item through USPS Priority Mail. He already gave me a tracking info and it shows the ff:

Label/Receipt Number:
Class: Priority Mail International Parcels
Service(s): International Parcels

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on July 6, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by theUSPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodicallythroughout the day. Please check again later

What does this mean? Has the seller shipped my product or not yet? thanks

Once you get the tracking #, that means it has been received already by USPS (not necessarily shipped).
Tracking #'s are generated/given by the courier once they have the item.

Hope that helps.

^^Re: priority mail bro... it would really show on the USPS website that detail/information once you've entered the tracking number for atleast 2weeks to3weeks. From my experience, priority mail usually takes 2weeks to 1month before being shipped/delivered here in our country... That information was the samefrom my experience buying outside our country.

Hope this helps...

I hope your item arrives earlier...

Back
Top Bottom