engagement /marriage thread.

I'm not doing no elaborate proposal nonsense

I believe proposals should be romantic and planned out but done in private. I want the moment to be private between us and I want that smash potential right away :lol:

^lol, selfish! JP. I proposed on the Ben franklin bridge from philly to jersey. I had a photographer take pics so that I didn't have to do those forced engagement photos.

her bday is the 26th...she wanted a frenchie....she wanted a ring....I put the ring on the damn dog's collar.  It took her like 15 minutes.  The damn dog was a little over 3 stacks, when you're spending 16 already...she owes me for life... 

I took the L...we now have 3 rescues and a damn brat.  

^lol, selfish! JP. I proposed on the Ben franklin bridge from philly to jersey. I had a photographer take pics so that I didn't have to do those forced engagement photos.

Lol.

Even without the smash aspect I really think proposals should be a romantic private moment and not a public spectacle. Her friends and family will be at the wedding

Lol.

Even without the smash aspect I really think proposals should be a romantic private moment and not a public spectacle. Her friends and family will be at the wedding

To each his own and it doesn't have to be a spectacle but best believe a girl will want to have a better story than "this dude asked me over dinner at his house" or something :lol:

Lol.

To each his own and it doesn't have to be a spectacle but best believe a girl will want to have a better story than "this dude asked me over dinner at his house" or something :lol:

:lol: Completely agree

I plan to do it when we'll be on a romantic international trip somewhere.

She'll get her story. I just don't need others involved and videotaping and all that

Lol.

:lol: Completely agree

I plan to do it when we'll be on a romantic international trip somewhere.

She'll get her story. I just don't need others involved and videotaping and all that

I already planned mine, years in advance doe.

On the beach where our relationship pretty much started I guess you can say.... we always wind up at a boardwalk wherever we go.

Gonna have a go pro there and pretend like I'm making a home video and just record it all, think it would be dope.

I agree with privacy bro, the less moving parts the better.

One of the guys from my church did a scavenger hunt for his proposal.I heard it took her something like 5 hours to complete.

Thinking about proposing next week :wow: I was going wait until after the new year and go to Paris but I'm going away in 2 weeks to take care of some stuff and will be gone for the next 3-4 months...

Might just flight out Monday to europe and surprise her and do it while I'm there for a week :lol:

I'll be proposing to my girl of 5 yrs next summer.  I plan to go cheap* on the ring, light on the wedding, big on the reception and HAM on the honeymoon.  I'm a jokester, so I wanna do something bizarre/cheesy for the proposal (in public) around friends.  I was thinking like hiring the Sexy Sax man, Sergio Flores, to come surprise and serenade her or something lol.  Looking to have a quick engagement 6 mths max and (as wack as y'all may think) I'm gonna have Concord XIs for me and the fellas to wear at the alter...

Okay, have at it.  Let the flaming begin...

*intrigued by the moissanite thing after seeing this thread.  My girl is very cost-conscious and frugal.  She'd be cool with it.

[EDIT]: Looked further into it, not worth it.  Savings aren't substantial enough (to me) to go with GM diamonds. Meh, back to saving up again...

Last edited:
I paid 1,200 for the engagement ring and another 1,200 for the bands.

^please brah, no Jordan's!
Seeing Jordan's paired with men's
Wearhouse suits is nauseating.

Yeah, I saw this thread earlier and figured there would be opposition.  But if I didn't do things bcuz others didn't think it was a good idea, I wouldn't be proposing at all.
laugh.gif

http://niketalk.com/t/507156/which-nter-is-this-vol-kicks-at-a-wedding

Lol.

To each his own and it doesn't have to be a spectacle but best believe a girl will want to have a better story than "this dude asked me over dinner at his house" or something
laugh.gif
I understand being romantic. What I don't understand is the need for her to have a "story" about being proposed to. That's some fairy tale stuff. 

Well, maybe I won't do Jordans specifically, but definitely tennis shoes/sneakers of some sort.  That, I'm not budging on.

What is top priorities for you guys in a wedding? Food? DJ? Photos? I always feel if you pay good money on one thing, something else has to be sacrificed.

What is the rule about rings again? Has to be worth 6 months rent? 10% of your salary? Something like that
laugh.gif
man there isnt a rule. That rule was made up by the retailmarket so you will spend, just like how jcpenny invented santa claus

Back
Top Bottom