engagement /marriage thread.

Man just thinking about it, I’ve been engaged for two years. Me and the fiancé haven’t even brought up the topic of when the wedding will happen. Having a child and the pandemic really set things back.

My wife and I dated for 6 years and were engaged for 2 years before we got married. Don't worry about when the wedding actually happens because things always work out.

Yeah we were together 4 years and engaged for like a year and a half. Covid messed all our original wedding plans up but ended up with a smaller wedding that was great and saved us so much money.
looking back we were crazy to try and have a big wedding.

Man just thinking about it, I’ve been engaged for two years. Me and the fiancé haven’t even brought up the topic of when the wedding will happen. Having a child and the pandemic really set things back.
Coming up on 2 years in February fam. Was planning to get married in Bali but Indonesia hasn't opened yet and we had a date set for 6/26/22.

Making a ton of changes now but it will probably result in a lot of money saved. All I can say is I'm here with you fam and it will be okay. Talk to your lady when you can and don't sweat it.

We were engaged for almost 3 years before getting married just a month ago. Granted, we decided to buy a house before even thinking about a wedding. Pandemic complicated things too but we made the best of it. Definitely a day to remember.

celebrated 7 years of marriage yesterday. dropped the kids off at my mom’s and we grabbed some take-out and watched the guilty on netflix. couldn’t picnic like we wanted to cause the weather was crap so we ate on the floor and watched the movie.

charcuterie.
detroit-style pizza.

after the movie we looked through a bunch of options and decided on a rocky road ice cream pie. got in the car, grabbed dessert, and watched celeb house videos on yt and talked about our lives and our dreams. it was a great evening.

48D8D43B-2587-40D0-90D5-FA7313A2A253.jpeg

Last edited:
Do folks still get married in a church? I haven’t been to an actual wedding since I was a kid. My mom trying to press that on us. Talking about it’s not official if it ain’t done in a church. Very old school. Me and my fiancé don’t eem go to church tho.

Do folks still get married in a church? I haven’t been to an actual wedding since I was a kid. My mom trying to press that on us. Talking about it’s not official if it ain’t done in a church. Very old school. Me and my fiancé don’t eem go to church tho.

Im catholic and my wife is Christian. We got married at the SF courthouse. We could’ve gotten married at a church but we wanted a small and quick wedding. My sister on the other hand, got married in a church. So did my cousins. Either way, do what makes ya’ll happy.

Im catholic and my wife is Christian. We got married at the SF courthouse. We could’ve gotten married at a church but we wanted a small and quick wedding. My sister on the other hand, got married in a church. So did my cousins. Either way, do what makes ya’ll happy.

This is a little pet peeve of mine but Catholics are christians.

Just had our 4 year wedding anniversary last week. Decided I wanted to go back to the Catholic church, started adult classes and the wife wants to convert as well. We are having a little ceremony at the end of the month at the church so it's official in their eyes. Looking at it as a vowel renewal and an excuse to get a few friends together for a nice lunch.

Word of advice for those getting married. Don't freak out the day of the wedding if something isn't "perfect". You'll will be the only ones that know something isn't exactly how you wanted it, and your guests won't have a clue. Just have a great time and soak it all in.

People do, but plenty don’t. Especially if neither of you are religious. We didnt and also had no mention of religion in our ceremony
Dont let them push anything on you unless theyre funding it. In that case, walk in that church like you never sinned

Back
Top Bottom