engagement /marriage thread.

Look at your lady and imagine her 75+ lbs. if you can't smash, you don't love her. Pretty face>nice body..

Ya'll too shook to tell your one an only to hit the gym, :lol:

Also, lead by example, if you want your girl to stay fit and toned your *** better be fit and toned. That means you too skinny fat guys, frail wonders.

My girl is 21 weeks in, still grinding at the gym, :smokin

Also, lead by example, if you want your girl to stay fit and toned your *** better be fit and toned. That means you too skinny fat guys, frail wonders.

i can respect that, not to derail the thread but anu of you dudes want a paternity test after the baby comes out? i hate to say it but it happens more often than people think.

Some things I remember....

I bought the diamond and the setting for the engagement ring separately. You can save some that way.

Had my wife's best friend who had a decent understanding of gems come with me for both. Diamond guy was also recommended by a good friend.

Put together I think the ring was over 10k. They appraise higher. I paid in cash to get a discount and avoid taxes.

Took the ring to her parents and asked for their blessing. Which they appreciated.

Proposal went fine. Did it on Christmas one year. She was dying to get engaged already.

So I actually got her a diamond faced Hello Kitty ring (she's into that ********) for Christmas. Knowing she would be low key mad she got a diamond ring and it wasn't an engagement ring. Then hit her with the engagement ring like an hour later.

All good. Got married in PR. Destination weddings will cut down on the head count. I think it was about 20-30k or so for the wedding which she insisted on paying for. I think I kicked in 5k to cover something.

And then I paid for the honeymoon (Turks+Caicos) which was another 5k or so with first class flights, baller *** hotel etc.

5 years this summer. One baby boy.

Good luck to you.

Some things I remember....

I bought the diamond and the setting for the engagement ring separately. You can save some that way.

Had my wife's best friend who had a decent understanding of gems come with me for both. Diamond guy was also recommended by a good friend.

Put together I think the ring was over 10k. They appraise higher. I paid in cash to get a discount and avoid taxes.

Took the ring to her parents and asked for their blessing. Which they appreciated.

Proposal went fine. Did it on Christmas one year. She was dying to get engaged already.

So I actually got her a diamond faced Hello Kitty ring (she's into that ********) for Christmas. Knowing she would be low key mad she got a diamond ring and it wasn't an engagement ring. Then hit her with the engagement ring like an hour later.

All good. Got married in PR. Destination weddings will cut down on the head count. I think it was about 20-30k or so for the wedding which she insisted on paying for. I think I kicked in 5k to cover something.

And then I paid for the honeymoon (Turks+Caicos) which was another 5k or so with first class flights, baller *** hotel etc.

5 years this summer. One baby boy.

Good luck to you.

View media item 960782
Perfect execution. Congrats on 5 years and your child :nthat:

i can respect that, not to derail the thread but anu of you dudes want a paternity test after the baby comes out? i hate to say it but it happens more often than people think.
Agreed.

I don't believe in marriage, but that's because I'm incredibly cynical despite having parents who're still together after 30 years.

I was talking to my coworker and he said that a friend of his inherited about $50k...

He proposed to his wife and was like "look... We can either have a big wedding... And not have this $50k involved... But If we have a small, cheap wedding, yiu can take that $50k and do whatever. Buy a car, down payment on a crib, travel the world for a month"

She chose to have a big wedding.

Moral of the story: I hope your girl is economically responsible... Because a large amount of people's debt comes from doing it super big on their wedding day.
If I was dude, I would have had second thoughts about proposing to her after she chose to do that.

I was talking to my coworker and he said that a friend of his inherited about $50k...

He proposed to his wife and was like "look... We can either have a big wedding... And not have this $50k involved... But If we have a small, cheap wedding, yiu can take that $50k and do whatever. Buy a car, down payment on a crib, travel the world for a month"

She chose to have a big wedding.

Moral of the story: I hope your girl is economically responsible... Because a large amount of people's debt comes from doing it super big on their wedding day.

If I was dude, I would have had second thoughts about proposing to her after she chose to do that.

I'm saying though, you really can't base your decision to marry her on that one choice she made, can you? The years spent dating should give you an idea of how she really is and/or will be, so if she's really worth it to you to marry her and she wants to have a big wedding, let her cook. According to Fontaine's story, the $50k was going to her anyway and she chose to have her day in the spotlight.

A car or a crib would've been nice, but if you can afford to take time off and travel the world for an entire month, money doesn't sound like it's an issue anyway.

Last edited:

Weddings are a HUGE deal to most women though. Just look at all these television shows they have about weddings.

You can be an economically responsible women and still want to splurge on your wedding IMO. I think as a man you have to respect that to an extent. Sure, as men, we would prefer to keep the cash but this woman is going to (hopefully) spend the rest of her life with you and I know when I get married I will want my wife to have the wedding she wants/deserves.

Last edited:

Bruh, you should tell her to put her feet up and enjoy being preggo. Seriously. Only one shook is your assurance within yourself.

my gf's dad is a big guy - works in a federal prison and is a powerlifter. kinda nervous but i met with him after work one day and asked him if i could marry his daughter. he was relieved because my gf was 2 months pregnant with our son at the time. it was the first time since i met him that we actually talked about real stuff.

bought the ring through a hook-up with a jewelry wholesaler. sold a bunch of shoes and paid cash. nice little 1.5 carat. gf loves her ring.

i was nervous and awkward proposing. so uncharacteristic of me. we had a great dinner date that night.

almost 2 years later and we still haven't gotten married :lol:
once my son was born and started daycare, we are too broke to afford a decent shindig. basically wearing down our family to accept the idea of something really small.

Just proposed...don't get a fake diamond bruh....here is her ring

View media item 948974

For research purposes blue Nile is perfect, there is an education thread that talks about the 4 C''s and more. I used blue Nile as a price mark and used a design your own ring feature and worked with a jeweler and went through a couple of cad designs to get the exact design and setup.

http://www.bluenile.com

Focus more on the quality of the stone as oppose to the size (carat).

My fiancée has slowly become a shoe fiend so I proposed with a pair of Jordan XI's in her size secretly tied to the laces...she freaked out when she saw it, I have it all on video but you don't post your girl on NT.

If you need any help with the ring please PM and I can help as needed...good luck

Last edited:
my gf's dad is a big guy - works in a federal prison and is a powerlifter. kinda nervous but i met with him after work one day and asked him if i could marry his daughter. he was relieved because my gf was 2 months pregnant with our son at the time. it was the first time since i met him that we actually talked about real stuff.

bought the ring through a hook-up with a jewelry wholesaler. sold a bunch of shoes and paid cash. nice little 1.5 carat. gf loves her ring.

i was nervous and awkward proposing. so uncharacteristic of me. we had a great dinner date that night.

almost 2 years later and we still haven't gotten married :lol:
once my son was born and started daycare, we are too broke to afford a decent shindig. basically wearing down our family to accept the idea of something really small.

Get legally married, the Income Tax is nice. :lol:

I'm saying though, you really can't base your decision to marry her on that one choice she made, can you? The years spent dating should give you an idea of how she really is and/or will be, so if she's really worth it to you to marry her and she wants to have a big wedding, let her cook. According to Fontaine's story, the $50k was going to her anyway and she chose to have her day in the spotlight.

A car or a crib would've been nice, but if you can afford to take time off and travel the world for an entire month, money doesn't sound like it's an issue anyway.
Weddings are a HUGE deal to most women though. Just look at all these television shows they have about weddings.

You can be an economically responsible women and still want to splurge on your wedding IMO. I think as a man you have to respect that to an extent. Sure, as men, we would prefer to keep the cash but this woman is going to (hopefully) spend the rest of her life with you and I know when I get married I will want my wife to have the wedding she wants/deserves.
I would want my wife to have what she wants and to be happy. Just sayin from my point of view, if I were gonna spend that much I would have $30k go towards that wedding and $20k towards the honeymoon. I get where yall are coming from though.

I would want my wife to have what she wants and to be happy. Just sayin from my point of view, if I were gonna spend that much I would have $30k go towards that wedding and $20k towards the honeymoon. I get where yall are coming from though.

That makes all the sense to me, personally, but women are women and they will make decisions that seem irrational all the time. The question the guy proposing has to answer is, if it's worth it to him :lol:

unless you're fairly wealthy, the idea of paying 50k or more on one day is absurd.
maybe when i was younger, i might have thought differently, but being a father has changed me. i want every possible door to be open for my son as he grows and develops and would hate to be limited by finances. if having a small wedding means that my son can attend the best day care, take whatever kinda classes he wants, play whatever sports he wants and allow us to go on vacations that will expand his mind and spirit, i say eff the wedding and save it for my kid(s).

unless you're fairly wealthy, the idea of paying 50k or more on one day is absurd.
maybe when i was younger, i might have thought differently, but being a father has changed me. i want every possible door to be open for my son as he grows and develops and would hate to be limited by finances. if having a small wedding means that my son can attend the best day care, take whatever kinda classes he wants, play whatever sports he wants and allow us to go on vacations that will expand his mind and spirit, i say eff the wedding and save it for my kid(s).
totally agree with this

The ceremony is important to her but she is Not materialistic. She even suggested a sapphire ring, as it is her birthstone. I'm down to spend like 3gs on her ring and 8 on the party honestly. Even then it sucks knowing How useful that money could be elsewhere. It won't hurt tho. This will be a once in a lifetime thing for me. I just want her to be Happy.

What really sucks is that as a man, society perceives how much you love your woman based on how much money you spend on her.

Cold world.

:smh: :smh:

What really sucks is that as a man, society perceives how much you love your woman based on how much money you spend on her.

Cold world.

Sadly, true :smh:

Destination wedding is where it's at. Settings/Venue can be amazing and it automatically cuts cost since it weeds out the people that don't really care about going anyway. If people truly care about you they will find a way to get to your wedding.

Cold world.

Nah fam, I disagree. You know its real love when it's not about the money. I see a dude spend a GRIP on a ring or a car or designer stuff, and I immediately think it's not real between them.

On the other hand, I see a chick with a plain wedding or engagement band w no stone, and I know her and her man are serious about each other :pimp:

Last edited:
50K for a wedding is ridiculous

That's why my lady and I are going to have a destination wedding in Punta Cana. It will probably cost me less than 20K 
smokin.gif

Yeah idk about you young guys that are far away from (maybe) marrying one day, but this is how I see it

Half of me wants a small intimate wedding , a very simple ceremony w like 20 ppl total, bc I'm not traditional at all and my girl wouldn't be either
... but the other side of mee
wants a huge blowout Wedding Crashers style with all of our friends and an open bar and all the extras, bc it'd be a great memory after it's all said and done

- illphillip.
damn. well done, sir! I'd say that's literally perfect

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom