Entourage (final season 8 ) thread Vol. The End (9/11 10:30PM EST) SERIES FINALE =[

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Originally Posted by DubA169

to the people that wonder why the "haters" keep watching, we obviously loved the show at one point when it was in it's prime and keep hoping that it will return to form.

btw criticism isn't "hate"

In this day and age, and on NT, apparently it is.  (The S&T forum is even worse.  Can't criticize any player without being called a "hater" by someone, but I digress). 

Exactly. Most of us have watched this show since the beginning, so I'm going to finish the series when there's only a season left. For every one person on NT criticizing the show, plenty more on here praising it or wetting themselves over a cameo by a famous athlete or musician. That's not even talking about outside of NT, people still eat this show up like it's the greatest piece of television ever made. If people came in here every week and simply said "show sucks, anyone watching still is an idiot" and repeated that dozens of times, then sure, they're a hater and ignore them... but if I actually have criticism then I'm going to speak on it, if NT only had positive responses to topics then this place would be really boring. "Why do you come into a Entourage thread just to complain", because it's a discussion board and that's what I'm discussing. If I think the episode was good, I'll say it, if I think it was bad, I'll say it.
For the first episode, the problem was the drama and story was done poorly, plus the "jokes" were dull and didn't land. That's a bad episode, hopefully they turn it around and finish strong.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by purplenurple1414

Might have to do with Eric and Scott taking over the company, too. Didn't Sloan hook him up with that job?

That's what I thought. And I think Murray is her godfather.
Exactly, this was the reason for the split more than anything probably

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Might have to do with Eric and Scott taking over the company, too. Didn't Sloan hook him up with that job?

That's what I thought. And I think Murray is her godfather.
Exactly, this was the reason for the split more than anything probably

yea the office they were in had "Murphy-Lavin Group" on the wall. the takeover went down. i would have liked to see the break up though. wouldnt that be a heavy part of the whole show instead of an after thought?

Originally Posted by bkmac

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I really hope they make that Lifetime movie for Drama.
I want to see an actual Johnny's Bananas cartoon.

Originally Posted by got shoes

Why did Ari wife and Sloan call it quits on E and Ari again? Turtle is the size of E now lol
-Mrs. Gold was embarrassed at the tapes that were leaked against Ari of him acting a fool (his usual self, though) at the agency, slandering women in general, and was fed up with him constantly on his phone and at the office and not spending time with her.
-We don't know why why Sloan ended the engagement with Sloan yet. That definitely threw me off to start the episode with that happening, but I'm sure they get back together.

I think the scene with Amanda at the restaurant where she was really trying to help him out was what broke Mrs. Ari.

Scott has actually grown on me. Used to think he was a duche but now I like him. Dude's one of the funnier characters on the show

finally watched this last night. SMH @ Mrs Ari Gold...reminds me of the wife in Breaking Bad. Dude just wanted to do right for his family and she did him wrong. THAT AIN'T RIGHT.

Sucks that E and Sloan broke up. I hope we get to see more of her before the season ends.

Scott Caan is a welcome addition to the group, wish it had come in earlier.

Otherwise...I'm at the point in this show where I don't really care what happens to E, Drama, Turtle and Vince anymore. Seen them go through so many ups and downs through this show that it's really a given that everything will end up ok for them. I just want to see Ari get his at the end of the day, dude sacrificed a lot.

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

The only good thing about this episode was the plethora of women that showed up instantly to the party.  Everything else seemed predictable.  Anyone else notice how blatant they made it that E was mad at Vince for not calling him?  
indifferent.gif
 Talk about beating a dead horse with all the sarcastic snaps at Vince.  

Yeah and then E helped drive the old man out. That didn't sit well with Sloan obviously.

to the people that wonder why the "haters" keep watching, we obviously loved the show at one point when it was in it's prime and keep hoping that it will return to form.

In this day and age, and on NT, apparently it is.  (The S&T forum is even worse.  Can't criticize any player without being called a "hater" by someone, but I digress).     
But nobody was criticizing anything. The first few pages have been filled with "Episode is garbage, this show has gotten worse over hte years, blah blah blah, I can't believe I wasted my time on this, blah blah blah, I should have kept watching the puppy olypics, blah blah blah."
If you're going to criticize, then give a well thought out response. If not, then it is what it is - hate. 

----- 

and Ms. Ari is a *!@*% man. Ol' spoiled "I've always been rich so I'm entitled to what I want, when I want" face +%+. I genuinely was irked by her demeanor towards the end of last season and this first episode. Ari breaks his back, loses his NFL deal, gets hit hard in the press, and she doesn't stand by his side? All because she cares what her rich friends will think of her? 

Ari is that dude man. He may have a foul mouth, and may be brutal with words, but my guy has the right drive and hunger and he delivers for his family and those closest to him. Ms. Gold is cold hearted as +!$!
30t6p3b.gif

tired.gif

Why would the writers make her into so much of a *!@*%? 
laugh.gif

Finally got around to watching the premiere, and going through the thread now you'd think that it was the worst season premiere in television history.

With that said, the premiere was mediocre at best. It had it moments, but premiere didn't really do much to entice people to watching for the rest of the season.

While I'm not as critical as others, I understand people's frustrations with this episode seeing how it is the final season and there are only 7 episodes left.

Had a shot of Avion last night, my first time trying it. 
eek.gif

pimp.gif
Turtle wasn't lying, it goes down really smooth for a strong tequila. 

eek.gif

pimp.gif

Yeah I was thinking about ordering some online.  Have heard good things.

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

eek.gif

pimp.gif

Yeah I was thinking about ordering some online.  Have heard good things.
How much is a bottle? The shot was $14
sick.gif
, but I was in one of the %+%+ It moods where I just wanted to try it.

I thought I saw some Avion at a shelf at a bar. Does entourage or any of the actors in real life have funds in Avion>?

^^ They sell Avion at BevMo!

Anyways, I think the premier was good. I'm really curious to see what happens to E and Ari. As far as Vince, I'm sure he's gonna be hungry to get into work. Maybe he and Walsh will try to make his coal miners flick come to life. Who knows? The premier was very story driven. I think a lot of NTers on here got into Entourage during season 3, which had the most interesting filler episodes. A short season = no filler episodes.

My boy Ari is about to wildout, his wife was already giving him the cold shoulder....now she's playing games trying to have him on the side waiting while she is "seeing" someone else
laugh.gif

He's still paying the bills too SMH, the crew needs to go out.... have one of their old time wasted nights while pulling bad JO's left and right to take off all this stress they're all carrying around as of late.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

But nobody was criticizing anything. The first few pages have been filled with "Episode is garbage, this show has gotten worse over hte years, blah blah blah, I can't believe I wasted my time on this, blah blah blah, I should have kept watching the puppy olypics, blah blah blah."
If you're going to criticize, then give a well thought out response. If not, then it is what it is - hate. 
Then I'll suggest the same for the opposite reaction, if you dislike people making statements without evidence, then shouldn't everyone who like it do the same? So no one should be allowed to just post "
pimp.gif
great episode" without providing evidence? Or does your logic only apply when people get upset at others not liking the show?

rewatching the series while watching the new season:

my girl brought up this great point: i believe it's season 3 where E,ari and that old guy try to sell that ramones script to different studios. Ari pretty much tells old guy to go to the wrong studio, and him and E handle biz and get the script and the old guy taken care of. The old guy though went to warner bros and to alan(who hates vince because of vince pullin out of aquaman2) sold the script to him and alan being the douche he is shelves the movie eternally.

now alan dies and through some crazy events dana gordon becomes studio head, why the hell didn't they do that ramones flick???

Originally Posted by dhart48

rewatching the series while watching the new season:

my girl brought up this great point: i believe it's season 3 where E,ari and that old guy try to sell that ramones script to different studios. Ari pretty much tells old guy to go to the wrong studio, and him and E handle biz and get the script and the old guy taken care of. The old guy though went to warner bros and to alan(who hates vince because of vince pullin out of aquaman2) sold the script to him and alan being the douche he is shelves the movie eternally.

now alan dies and through some crazy events dana gordon becomes studio head, why the hell didn't they do that ramones flick???
Bob Ryan

^^so he comes back later on and deads the project all together? because he soold it to the studio and got paid, it's the studios now

It's a good point, if they wanted I think there's nothing stopping them from revisiting it... except I wouldn't be surprised if Doug Ellin and his writers have completely forgotten about that plot.

Back
Top Bottom