Epic Fail ! ~ The Air Jordan 2009 about to set record low sales

^^^Not in 1989! The first shoes I remember topping $100 were Bo Jackson's I believe, a couple of years later. I'm not a big fan of the Hyperdunks, butif I was ballin in my sneaks and only worried about court performance, I'm sure I would be inclined to buy that pair instead. What I'm saying is $190isn't a bad price for the shoe. It is a Jordan signature shoe, you have to pay for them.

I'll have to recuse myself from the conversation, as I am apparently not an expert in the field. I'm not a leather tanner, nor am I a leather expert. Ithink the shoes look good, feel good, and appear to be of MUCH better quality than the retros they've been trying to cram down our throats. Want to talkcomfortability? These are comfortable, I's are not. Really not too worried about it. I love my pair.

Sorry if I offended by calling people broke, but when they say, "I hate this shoe. I'll buy for $80", I think: broke hypebeast... It's notabout it being the perfect cost. JB has marketing experts to determine those prices, and they will sell them. Wasn't it supposed to be a limited release?But then again they call everything LR now and they all end up being GRs... I just think collectors are going to see a hole in their closet once next year hitsand the 25s are amazing.

Are the S23 the limited black pair?

RockDeep, do you know who is designing the 25th aniv. Jordan?

damn those are one ugly #!@ pair of kickz there.
sick.gif

The shoe is nice but the price is horrible....they should've lowered it at a decent price considering the crisis that's going on

I'm not surprised, Jordan Brand can't just throw together some ideas from previous models, call it the new Air Jordan, and expect it to sell likehotcakes. They should have done something a little more original, but like someone NY GIANTS 11 said, they've already made their money. If any of theirsupply doesn't make it to the stores, they'll just mark it down, sell it at the outlets, and still turn a big profit.

. I just don't understand how anyone can say this shoe is trash and actually pay more for the foams. They look like Grimace got his feet ran over.
laugh.gif
apparently grimace getting his feet ran over looks betterthen these overpriced team jordans.

and for the record the durability of penny foamposites >>>>>>>>> these 2k9's

JB is a corporation, whose main goal is profit. They are not here to please the true sneaker-heads
thats too bad, last time i checked sneaker heads were the ones that drove interest into sneakers....and if there is one thing a sneaker head knowits when its being had by a corporation

that doesn't have there best interest in mind......

they better start taking all that profit they WERE making and inject some quality into the retro line before heads start to wise up on "why are we payingmore for 10-20+ year old shoes with decades old technology and they keep making em CHEAPER"

I bought the IV in '99 because I had been wanting it for 10 years and finally could buy it.
what you think drives the retro market?

I just love shoes, but hype does not factor into my shoe-buying decisions. Enjoy them Eggplants playas...
hype is something that comes from a general appreciation of something so it becomes to generate anticipation, and set expectation levels...thepenny foamposite, already a fan favorite in

my NYC town was set to release in one of the best colorways ever for the shoe...something that rivaled its OG colorway and you don't think it deservedevery inch attention it garnered?

thats pretty foolish acting on your part.

lmao... Apparently I touched a nerve.

I just simply dislike the foams. The point of this thread though: Epic fail--I think not, they still make millions off this shoe. Another win for JB.

jordan get out of here with that 190 price tag, who are you kidding, yyou must be out of your damn mind to pay tat premium price for these payless lookingfugs!!!! hahaha rediculous, jordan... your brand is beginning to kill/trash/tarnish your good name!!!! regardless of what youve done in the past on the court,your brand, in the recent years have, majority of the time dished out inferior products that used inferior materials that required inferior innovation, whichall in all equals- JORDAN = INFERIOR

please, i ask of all collectors, join me in protest of the JORDAN brand. we all need to stand up, everyone and their momma's know jordan uses horriblematerials and allthewhile charges upthe freakn butthole for them too...

someone should make some t-shirts- INFERIOR + GREEDY = JORDAN!!!!

Originally Posted by bdub253

lmao... Apparently I touched a nerve.

I just simply dislike the foams. The point of this thread though: Epic fail--I think not, they still make millions off this shoe. Another win for JB.

hey thats fine that you don't like the pennys, more for us
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

point is jordan better think of another way of getting their shoes across..cause right now they not doing it.

Originally Posted by c4

I saw these yesterday for the first time at NT. To be honest, they looked slightly better than the photos, but I still wouldn't buy them no matter how cheap they become in the future.
First time ever I'd take the new Kobe's or Lebron's over the new Jordan.

No doubt man 1. All white Zoom Kobe IV 2. Navy Lebron VI 3. Air Jordan 2k9 if they ever hit like 130. I thought the xx3's would drop but boy was I wrong...Theyre already inflated all over the place even on HERE! If you're just looking to make a buck let the people who actually want the shoe get it at normalprice.. Go back to school if you want to make more money. The reason I think this shoe will do well is because there are more and more people I'm seeingthat are only buying Jordan's because of the logo.. My friend just got some yesterday and I quote him " I dont know what they are.. They just had theJordan logo and looked sweet so I got em.. Everyone else is"

Back
Top Bottom