====== EPIC Flyknit Series ======

Spent two days on a treadmill and loved it. Tried these out on the track for the first time today. Definitely feels different from my regular Peg32's. Much softer impacts while the upper seems to vanish immediately. Just have to get use to the softer support of the flylknit, but I can easily get use to this! 

View media item 1941714

This quick recap/comparison to the Pegasus 32s helps a lot! I alternate between the Pegasus 31 Flash, and the Pegasus 32 Flash for running, and this was very helpful! Did you have any feet fatigue or anything like that with these?

As for running, how many miles could you get out of these? Is it about the 300-400 average?

Last edited:

Spent two days on a treadmill and loved it. Tried these out on the track for the first time today. Definitely feels different from my regular Peg32's. Much softer impacts while the upper seems to vanish immediately. Just have to get use to the softer support of the flylknit, but I can easily get use to this! 
Those "multicolor" oranges look awesome

I gotta say, with my wide foot, I went .5 up. Tried the TTS and while it wasn't uncomfortable, it was too tight to my liking. If you plan on running in these, try them out in store for sure. 

Yeah I did the same. I have a wide foot as well.

This quick recap/comparison to the Pegasus 32s helps a lot! I alternate between the Pegasus 31 Flash, and the Pegasus 32 Flash for running, and this was very helpful! Did you have any feet fatigue or anything like that with these?
Zero feet fatigue, but I did notice my legs were working a little harder. The shoe is pretty neutral for me and doesn't do much to compensate for any pronation/supination. Therefore I was much more focused on my gait than with the Pegs. 

Ran about 2 miles last night in these and they felt great. I wasn't feeling the collar at first but it's growing on me. It was a lil tight around the ankle at first but after about 5 minutes in, I forgot all about. Midsole is super soft and really responsive but I definitely suggest wearing thin low cut socks with the tab so they won't slide down.

I ran 7 miles in these today. The cushioning is great. For casual wear, the fit is good. For running, my foot slid forward a lot, especially on downhills. I had them tied about as tight as I could without it becoming uncomfortably tight on the top of my foot. I have a narrow foot and slim ankles and legs, so its partly my fault. For most people with normal width feet this wouldn't be as much of a problem. However, the upper really doesn't have a lot of structure to hold your foot in place. On downhills my toes were hitting the front end of the toe box and would definitely bother me on a longer run. For all of the people asking about fit, I bought my TTS 10, which is what I wear in every running shoe except for lunaracers (10.5). The toe box doesn't have much room vertically, but stretches enough that it didn't bother me. If your foot is wide, I would definitely recommend going up a half size. The ankle collar wasn't really noticeable until the end of my run, when I started to notice it rubbing on my right Achilles. I wore CEP dynamic short compression socks which are higher than the ankle collar. The little siping circles in the sole pick up a lot of little rocks, similar to frees, but I didn't feel it while running. Based on the look of the soles after my run and the fact that there is no rubber on them, I think the traction could wear out pretty fast on these.

Overall I like the shoe and it was fun to run in, but I doubt it will become a regular part of my distance rotation. I'll probably keep it just for casual wear. Almost forgot to say, I used the thicker insoles.
View media item 1942220

Last edited:
Would really love to try these. They look/sound like they'd be perfect for a larger runner like myself 6'6/250.

But since I'm a 15.5 and these stop at a 15 looks like I won't get the opportunity. Gotta stick with my asics and UA's

How's the Lunarlon cushioning on these compared to Hoka's Clifton line?

I've been primarily running in the Hokas this month. I feel that they have the BEST CUSHIONING that I've ever run in, and I've run in most generations of Lunar. These Hokas are something different! :smokin

From a treadmill run two days ago...
View media item 1942915View media item 1942950

Last edited:
Well I'm sure glad I woke up early this morning! As luck would have it the last pair left just happened to be a 12 and I wear a 12 in these (I did need to go .5 up, TTS was way too tight)

Good looking out @rmora916 you did your good deed for the day!
Hell yeahh! 
nthat.gif

How's the Lunarlon cushioning on these compared to Hoka's Clifton line?

I've been primarily running in the Hokas this month. I feel that they have the BEST CUSHIONING that I've ever run in, and I've run in most generations of Lunar. These Hokas are something different! :smokin
Ray, I'd say the level of cushioning is pretty similar. These feel more springy to me though. I've got a pair of Hoka Bondi 2's that I run in occasionally. Been wanting to try the Cliftons.

Contacted RRS regarding the possibility of these being in stock (30% Off VIP is always nice) and got this as a response:

View media item 1943178
Either my question was misinterpreted or we are getting lows in a few months [emoji]128064[/emoji]. Anyways ended up grabbing a pair from Running Warehouse - thanks to the NTer who posted that coupon code. Free overnight shipping to Cali too! Not bad at all, excited to have these in hand soon.

Ray, I'd say the level of cushioning is pretty similar. These feel more springy to me though. I've got a pair of Hoka Bondi 2's that I run in occasionally. Been wanting to try the Cliftons.

Oooh! I've never tried the Bondis, but I've repeatedly read the Cliftons are the softest.

Contacted RRS regarding the possibility of these being in stock (30% Off VIP is always nice) and got this as a response:

View media item 1943178
Either my question was misinterpreted or we are getting lows in a few months [emoji]128064[/emoji]. Anyways ended up grabbing a pair from Running Warehouse - thanks to the NTer who posted that coupon code. Free overnight shipping to Cali too! Not bad at all, excited to have these in hand soon.

Excited for the lows! [emoji]128561[/emoji]

I wasn't a fan of the MC cws of these mainly because of the color of their Swooshes (and collar height). However, this person changed one of those to make them look [emoji]128526[/emoji]!

via IG
View media item 1943259

Last edited:
View media item 1943340
My first impressions following my first 10 mile run in these are:

Sizing: Within Nike Running, I wear a size 10 in Flyknit Racers and unpadded Trainers and most other models with the exception of Lunaracers and padded Trainers in which I wear a 10.5. Went with a 10.5 in the Epics and the fit is perfect (normal worth feet). In terms of feel, you don't even feel the sock part when they on as others have stated.

Cushioning: Feels great out of the box. Great heel/midfoot to forefoot transition. Not quite as squishy as Ultra Boosts (which I am also currently running in) but definitely more cushioned than a majority of the other Boost running models out there (i.e. Boston, Supernova, Adios). Responsiveness is somewhere in between the OG Lunaracers and the newer Lunartempo 2's. I also run regularly in the Hoka Stinson 3 and these are not cush as those either.

Grip/traction: The siped outsole works really well on a variety of surfaces (blacktop, concrete, hard packed dirt). However, I would not wear these on rough, technical trials. Regardless of the surface, little pebbles get stuck very easily within the siped pods.

Stability: Obviously these are not a "stability" shoe by any stretch of the imagination. They definitely lack lateral stability. The have a "wobbly" feel when rounding 90 degree turns at moderate to fast speeds. If you are prone to ankle rolling, these might not be the shoe for you. Also not a great shoe for cross training or serious gym workouts. I would also probably stick to Lunaracers or Lunartempos for track workouts (for Nikes) as I imagine running fast around the curves would pose a problem for the Epics.

Durability: Time will tell but I'm guessing the outsole will outlast the cushioning (as is the case with most other lunar based models).

Overall: This is a nice model and really represents the next generation of Nike Running models, not so much in cushioning as overall fit, feel, and construction. Long term durability will determine whether the full retail of $175 is justified. For those buying now, the MP and red CWs are available now at Running Warehouse for $157 shipped using code "runblog10".

Happy running!

Last edited:
Great reviews, bohnthugs bohnthugs and xivpositive xivpositive ! I'm about to try these out tonight for a Nike Speed Run track session to see how these go. I know these are made for distance running in mind, so I'll definitely be trying them out in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom