ESPN's what does Kobe have to do to surpass MJ?

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

Originally Posted by bangtcg

i forgot who said it but it was from an interview on espn or tnt from a close friend.

thats pretty much how stories get started about any athlete especially KOBE.

"well i dont remember when or where but i know for a fact I heard Kobe..i think, maybe it was his friend or the guy at 7-11 im not sure but yeah I heard with my own two ears kobe say he's better than jordan will ever be."
no. it was somebody along the lines of ron artest. somebody who knew kobe when he entered the league. if i could, i would find that particularvideo. i understand if you don't trust me. perhaps somebody reading this will chime in.

and OF COURSE wouldn't say he is the best, that would be stupid. kobe told his friends he thought he was.

[h1]Wade: Kobe Is The Best, But MJ IsBetter[/h1]

Jun 17, 2009 2:49 PM EST
Bryant_Kobe_lal.jpg

Dwyane Wade believes that Kobe Bryant is the best player in basketball today, but says that no one is better than Michael Jordan.
"I believe that Kobe Bryant is still the best player in the game, his experience and his overall talent.It's not taking away from LeBron, it's not taking away from Carmelo, it's not taking away from myself," Wade told ESPN Radio Chicago."Kobe has been in the game longer than the rest of us, he's older than us, he's smart with the game. He's the better player."

Wade went on to praise Jordan as the greatest player ever.

"To me growing up and watching Michael Jordan and knowing everything that he's done for our game. Even Kobe would say you don't want to becompared to that guy. I mean, Jordan is the best that we've seen in our time and a lot of people are going to see for many years to come. But Kobe Bryantis exceptionally great in his own matter. All the things he's been through over the last seven years, for him to get his fourth ring, I think a lot ofpeople were pulling for him to do that. Orlando, I think a lot of people were surprised they made it there but they haven't been through nothing yet so youknow this kind of team, if they would have won, there would have been a lot of teams and a lot of veterans that played in the league would have been mad aboutthat. I think that everyone is happy that Kobe, the great player that he is, got his fourth ring," Wade added.

a Top 3 player RIGHT NOW giving props to Kobe as the best player in the league
pimp.gif

D WADE keepin it real huh, thats wassup...

I wonder if NT will classify him as a STAN because plenty of us have basically been sayin the same

thing as to why hes the best right now..Only to get hit with stoneface...Or the '' u must be a stan'' copout...

People LIKE Jordan more than Kobe. Even if he became FAR superior on the basketball court, he'd never beat MJ on the court of public opinion. That'sall there really is to it. It's feeble, but that's real.

Originally Posted by MJsaver

D WADE keepin it real huh, thats wassup...

I wonder if NT will classify him as a STAN because plenty of us have basically been sayin the same

thing as to why hes the best right now..Only to get hit with stoneface...Or the '' u must be a stan'' copout...
well, they were calling Tmac a Kobe stan when he said Kobe was the best player in the L..
laugh.gif

now you have a guy who could easily make a case for himself being better than Kobe, and instead he keeps it real and gives props to the guy he knows is thebetter player.

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

People LIKE Jordan more than Kobe. Even if he became FAR superior on the basketball court, he'd never beat MJ on the court of public opinion. That's all there really is to it. It's feeble, but that's real.
Yep. You got ESPN high light watchers in here in these debates, bring up every thing up but the game
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

MJ was human. Someone can surpass him. If you think its impossible than you are a MJ stan and need to fall back. Dude wasnt even that good of a person in general from what Ive read.

What does him being a horrid human being do with his basketball skill??? not like Kobe is the nicest guy out there
"Seriously, that's my thing man, I asked her if I could C$M on her face, she said no, so I didn't".

-Kobe Bryant- .....................talk about a good person
laugh.gif
Come on son u can't front on Kobe for that one .. Ifigure every man has asked this question at least once.

And I'm not tryin to feed to the argument, but if you're the BEST as of now at your craft .. And strive to be the BEST, would you not also say thatyou're the best to ever do it? Kobe is in a position where he can't ever prove to be a better player than Jordan now that they're in differentera's. But shouldn't he have the mindset that he is the best ever?

JsindaA:
23ska909red02:
JsindaA:
Xtapolapacetl:
Wow this thread is still going?

LOL @ some Kobe fanboys still trying to take the "skills" angle, so they can avoid people pointing out that MJ has achieved more.

The funny thing is that the skills angle you're trying to take is probably even more wrong than the achievement angle. When his career is done, he won't have achieved as much as MJ, but he has a better shot at coming closer to MJ's achievements than his skills on the court. Face it, Kobe will never be as good of a

scorer and defender as 87-88 Jordan
all-round player as 88-89 Jordan
shooter as 95-96 Jordan

You combine these and you get a player that Kobe from any year or any combination of his years like I did for MJ above is NOT EVEN CLOSE to. Kobe is not or never will be Michael Jordan. And I don't mean it in a corny "There will never be another Jordan, there will never be another Kobe, there will never be another Drexler, there will never be another Reggie Miller ", etc. way. No, he is not as good as Jordan.
Your opinion would be fine if you wouldn't try to pass it off as fact.
One more time:
JsindaA:
And for the road:
JsindaA:
That' the main reason why these debates go south so often, people argue their opinion as stone cold fact when it's really an OPINION. 'I think Jordan is better than opinion' = OPINION.

"No, ska, that's a fact! Jordan is better than Kobe. He has never lost in the Finals, he... blah, blah, blah..."

It's an opinion.

Hell, if someone thinks that Mike Penberthy is better than Jordan, right on, man.
laugh.gif
That's their opinion. Now if they want to say Penberthy has a better Finals record than Jordan, well, that's not an opinion.

As long as everyone approaches these debates with the understanding that their opinion is simply that, and they maintain that understanding throughout the debate, then everything's fine.

Uh...you confuse me at times Ska but I'm ASSUMING you were agreeing with my post...or at least the part you multi quoted
ohwell.gif

I was agreeing with you.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by nwtiger

kobe>mike
imo and nobody can change it.
i have seen mike play thousands of games as i did with kobe.
and imo i think that kobe will go down in history as the goat
laugh.gif
no #@^&#, with kobe in your avy.

every person who has said kobe has been a lakers fan or has a kobe avy. could you hide it a little more, folks?

pathetic argument in the first place. there will never be...

Originally Posted by u ttocs

If Kobe wins 7, you never know.
he would have to do alot more then win 7

if we are going off rings alone we all know who the GOAT is
laugh.gif

This is getting old real fast, and im new to NT & the S&T forum...

Peoples minds arent going to change, doesnt matter how many articles u post or whats in a persons avy...

For the record my opinion is KOBE wont be successful as JORDAN, but he is a BETTER BASKETBALL PLAYER...

Stoneface me ,call me young [ im 3o btw] or w/e makes u feel better..Thats just how some of us feel...

Originally Posted by daemacho

I think MJ's legacy is beyond the basketball court, nearly untouchable. He helped put basketball on a Global level when sports broadcasting exploded and not to forget his Shoes.. lol
You cannot compete with that. Kobe is great and you cant take anything away from what hes accomplished. hell be a legend in his own right.
perfectly put.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

he would have to do alot more then win 7

if we are going off rings alone we all know who the GOAT is
laugh.gif

Exactly. There isn't a single definition of who the GOAT is. Russell would be the clear #1 on every possible list, but he isn't. Oscar Robertson andJulius Erving wouldn't be top 20 on any list, but they are. Hell, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone and Patrick Ewing wouldn't be top 50. And I haven'teven gone into extreme examples, on one side players like Robert Horry who are nothing more than role players who have won a lot of rings and on the other sideplayers like Grant Hill and Tracy McGrady, players who were individually the best in the league at one point but have never been out of the first round.

It's a combination of many things that makes MJ the GOAT, generally speaking. 6 rings yes, but also 5 MVPs, 6 Finals MVPs, 10 scoring titles, DPOY, andpiles of statistical records and accomplishments achieved in a relatively short career. Kobe has 3-4 good years left so it's virtually impossible for himto catch MJ.

If Kobe wins 7 as the leader of his team you mean, he just won his 1st as the 1st option. He needs to win 6 more titles to top Jordan, it'snot happening.

u can't judge who's the GOAT by just rings or stats or individual accomplishments. you take into account ALL OF THEM.

the fact of the matter is:

jordan averaged 50%fg for his career.
jordan averaged 30ppg for his career AND 33ppg for the playoffs (he distances the 2nd best guy by 4-5ppg in the playoffs; that's absurd)
jordan has 5 MVPs, 6 finals MVPs -> 6 rings.

so if kobe wants to be regarded higher than MJ, he has to beat him in rings, AND stats, AND individual accomplishments. that's a tough task to ask ofanybody. and realistically, kobe doesn't have a chance. you stack both guys' accomplishments side by side and it's pretty lopsided.

Back
Top Bottom