ETHER December 4, 2001

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

And then he drops bp2 so that 2 disses in a row thrown at Nas. Dude couldn't let it go because ether hurt him. I honestly think Nas shouldn't even have said anything else but he put the cap on with last real N'

This.  The whole beef was supposed to be done with after Superugly.  Then almost a year later, when nobody was even thinking about it, he drops that 2nd diss and admits defeat. 

Jay admitted defeat, nothing more needs to be discussed. 

Everyone who thinks Jay won is a stan. Because its absolutely outlandish to think Jay beat Nas in the battle. I understand your point (which happens to be opinion)and will now take it as fact. 

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Originally Posted by ninjahood

perhaps, but jay-z rapping over his beat got him more bds spins and played him for even dissing jim jones..he took that and ran with it...jay-z has never dissed anyone since.
At least not blatantly. I was really hopin for Joey to bait him to see how that would turn out b/c that young man said somethings bout Old Man Jigga

Joe Budden has prolly been my favorite/most listened to rapper over the past 5 years, he throws songs/shots at Jay and gets hit wit a Jab and its over...
its kinda messed up but yet very true statement by 50 "Jays a big man, Hes too big to respond..." Jay handles the "riff raff" how he sees fit. hes not gonna respond with more than a bar here and there. 

(and then here's the response to that)" why did Jay respond to jimmy, deshawn, etc , why wont he respond to someone with talent?"

Idk
laugh.gif
Nas is why

^Well c'mon man you're a Jay stan regardless of the battle. Despite your sarcasm what you said is mostly true.

even Jay acknowledges he loss.

Jay admitted defeat, nothing more needs to be discussed

When or where did Jay admit defeat??

so the way I see it Jay had Nas on his mind so much he even wanted to be in the same ({}) Nas was in. Shh is weird and nasty son. It's that whole idol worship Jay engages in and thrives off of

My Lord
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
.  There's no way you dudes even believe the nonsense that you even write out.  If you do, you dudes got issues and need to seek help immediately if not sooner.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Here
Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat
But I will not lose, for even in defeat
There's a valuable lesson learned
, so it evens it up for me

There's no other way to interpret this even if you're gonna agree with Jay saying Nas was helped to "cheat"
laugh.gif

My Lord
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
.  There's no way you dudes even believe the nonsense that you even write out.  If you do, you dudes got issues and need to seek help immediately if not sooner.
We already know who got issues doggie.

Here

There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me

I see you ignored or overlook the beginning lines of that statement.  Since you did, I just highlighted the important part for you.  Now as for the "for even in defeat", he's not talking about himself as a person admitting defeat, he' talking to the people that think he lost or think he was defeated, again he's talking to the people or for the voters out there that voted against him a year ago.  Meaning if you (the people) think he lost, he's saying he won, basically turning a negative into a positive.  Now I'm sure most folks in here are not going to understand, or don't want to understand the point of view that I just gave but so be it.  The Natural Mystic earlier in this thread asked me why did Jay sound the way he did during the radio interview, and just like I told him earlier I think Jay felt that the people had turned on him or were rooting for him to lose.  Fast forward a year later and Jay then address those very people with that line.    

We already know who got issues doggie
Jay took or slept with Nas's girl cause he could, simple power move champ.  You take the thing or things that are important to someone that you may or may not have problems with in the future and you keep that little tibit in your back pocket to use it against them later on.  Some dudes play chess in life, and other dudes play checkers, and with some of the thinking patterns and logic that is being displayed in this thread it's quite clear to see that some of you dudes are the latter in that comparison.  Sad but true, I'm not going to hold it against you though, for now I'll just say bless your heart and do my best to help out when needed. 

bussin down someone baby mama aint no power move lol u prolly thought fiddy killed ross then smh
just know this "beef" was over wit after ether but even if u disagree why argue so hard? who won? ether>takeover, super ugly, bp2, ect. Ether was the best thing to come out that beef and is up there wit the best diss songs of all time ya smell
pimp.gif
make ya soul burn slow. jigga still my n' tho lol

Man I was a Hov stan back then, but i for real got chills from this #%%%. Classic, so is takeover and the blueprint.

jay_z_and_nas.jpg
jay-z-nas.jpg

Spoiler [+]
jay-nas-luda.jpg
Just for u &@^#( thinkin Luda is irrelevant and ain't makin power moves

at the end of the day jigga cant make a Quick 2 Back Down, nas cant make a Big Pimpin lol we should just appreciate them both at this point stop arguin

Here

There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me

I see you ignored or overlook the beginning lines of that statement.  Since you did, I just highlighted the important part for you.  Now as for the "for even in defeat", he's not talking about himself as a person admitting defeat, he' talking to the people that think he lost or think he was defeated, again he's talking to the people or for the voters out there that voted against him a year ago.  Meaning if you (the people) think he lost, he's saying he won, basically turning a negative into a positive.  Now I'm sure most folks in here are not going to understand, or don't want to understand the point of view that I just gave but so be it.  The Natural Mystic earlier in this thread asked me why did Jay sound the way he did during the radio interview, and just like I told him earlier I think Jay felt that the people had turned on him or were rooting for him to lose.  Fast forward a year later and Jay then address those very people with that line.    

Dude, just give it up.  Jay is saying that he lost but he learned alot from taking that L from Nas so he doesn't feel like a loser.
laugh.gif
  However, these are grown ups so there aren't trophies for participating. 

He says nothing about "winning" in that quote so I don't know where you are even getting this "he is saying he won" stuff from. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

jay_z_and_nas.jpg
jay-z-nas.jpg

Spoiler [+]
jay-nas-luda.jpg
Just for u &@^#( thinkin Luda is irrelevant and ain't makin power moves

Don't waste your time. Some scorned stans from both sides in here
laugh.gif

We already know who got issues doggie
Jay took or slept with Nas's girl cause he could, simple power move champ.  You take the thing or things that are important to someone that you may or may not have problems with in the future and you keep that little tibit in your back pocket to use it against them later on.  Some dudes play chess in life, and other dudes play checkers, and with some of the thinking patterns and logic that is being displayed in this thread it's quite clear to see that some of you dudes are the latter in that comparison.  Sad but true, I'm not going to hold it against you though, for now I'll just say bless your heart and do my best to help out when needed. 
He did it cuz it was Nas' ex
laugh.gif
That's what got him excited about the whole idea. Son was hoping some of that It Was Written juice would carry over. OBSESSION.
Now as for the "for even in defeat", he's not talking about himself as a person admitting defeat, he' talking to the people that think he lost or think he was defeated, again he's talking to the people or for the voters out there that voted against him a year ago.
So his reactions at the time, his comments about the diss on radio, the ppl around him making comments about he and the whole Roc took it does not indicate a loss but because he can't accept defeat, he's only rolling with it cuz other ppl said so? Yet he learned a less from his defeat (the one you're claiming he doesn't accept?)

The way grown men buff Jay z is disgusting I've never seen anything like it.
The #$+* is unbearable.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Duece king still denies da fact that ether cleaned up hov at da prime of his career?

laugh.gif

Dude, you still firmly believe Dipset is alive and well and about to be back on top of the rap game again.  If that wasn't enough, to make matters even worse in addition to that, you think Fat Joe is a legend.  Talk about being in denial.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

jthagreat wrote:

ive been here for years man. i remember the thread. folks (or at least myself) dont feel like goin back and forth over and over and over and over again. 
its the same folks who think Jay won, and yall yell stan, D!!! rider over and over, and yall say Nas won over and over. 

but i would love to hear the truths and half truths told in the songs, then go about matter of opinions that are very valid (i.e. Nas career was very quiet until jay poked the sleepin giant) and tell me who won? 

actually dont, cause the sides never change, i wont convince you, you wont convince me. 

I remember me and the homie Illuztrious (and another Nas supporter) went song for song, Hilarious, but still, no one concedes.

one of Hiphop's Great battles. and no one died. 

if it matters, i had my moms  and another lady (outside unbiased opinions) listen to the line "I will not lose for even in defeat, theres a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me" and they think thats admitting defeat. yet no one mentioned it this thread (i dont think anyway) 
Yo, if you remember the thread what are you asking for? It's all there in the thread line for line.

I already mentioned the BP2 line. Some ppl may deny it but the only ppl who won't admit Jay loss are Jay stans because even Jay acknowledges he loss. I don't bother arguing that cuz it's clear as day he knows it. The arguments usually come in when ppl give their reasons why for why he didn't lose but don't get me wrong Jay knowing he loss is enough for most hip hop fans.

As far as the banging his ex. I looked in to that as Jay's obsession. Son wanted Nas on RD badly, got shunned, Nas went about ignoring him most of his early career. Jay was a nas stan himself, so the way I see it Jay had Nas on his mind so much he even wanted to be in the same ({}) Nas was in. Shh is weird and nasty son. It's that whole idol worship Jay engages in and thrives off of. At the base level it's an insult, but dudes can't seriously be telling me they keep their baby mother's who are their exes (no longer with them) or ex fiance or ex-wife (ex-whatever really) from having sex with other dudes. Disrespectful line and act but with Jay it is in no way enough

Exactly. Thats how YOU look into it. Because of bias (or because Nas said it on "Youre da Man")

This is all bias with most of you so this debate is pointless.

The point is this...Ether had the greater  impact so NaS wins. All the other stuff yal talkin about is irrelavent. Yal disecting lines and connecting dots. The battle was 10 years ago the winner was decided then.   

i like this diss track .

i guess since it wasn't obvious to ppl at first who nas was getting at.

thread is all laughs.....remember the debates on allhiphop forum back in the day before 4chan shut that %%@! down
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom