Euphoria HBO & A24's series | Starring Zendaya| RIP Angus Cloud

Someone remind me which characters they were paying homage to? All I can come up with is Detective Bennett on Batman.
I'm guessing but thought it was s1 True Detective.

She mentioned being Morgan Freeman so much though its probably Seven or one of those Alex Cross movies he did.

I definitely thought it was true detective at first. Rue cant pull off Morgan Freeman.

He was brilliant in Along came a spider and Kiss the Girls.

I thought she was just referencing him.

Neither are named Cross either.

When they were calling each other by their last names I figured those were their actual last names :lol:

Just came across this

9781433811296_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, your right fam. I definitely thought they were still in character.

Perspective is such a powerful thing.

I didn't even get to watch last nights episode last night.
I did get a chance to read some of the comments from this thread, earlier this afternoon.

A bit of me was thinking "ah don't spoil it".
Every scene was played out in all of the commentary, opinions and takeaways from the episode, by reading this thread.

Nothing was spoiled though.
Yes what the thread said happened, has happened....perspective though.

Seeing it is always different, Spoilers are over rated in the land of Euphoria.
It might have been a better watch for me, this way.

Perspective.

fez and that kid the corniest dudes on the show tbh. just look and sound too forced for me.

Might be a reach but I feel like that's what their characters are supposed to be like. Nate said Fez dropped out of school and we've been seeing that he's been taking care of his mom(?) so I'm guessing this street **** isn't natural for him. He only did it because he needs to provide for his family.

So I am assuming that Nate or some one is behind the Kat thing. Her dude wanted the screen black...with a muffled voice...and he made her get naked for the first time on camera. So its going to be like Nate on the other side and he will try to put some child pr0n charges on her too or something. Since whenever anything goes wrong he just asks for noodz and claims they will be prosecuted and be in jail forever...and the person then folds and does whatever nate wants.

Fez should know those cops don't have a warrant. Answer the door calmly tell them they need a warrant to search the house they leave and you go hide the stash some where.

So I am assuming that Nate or some one is behind the Kat thing. Her dude wanted the screen black...with a muffled voice...and he made her get naked for the first time on camera. So its going to be like Nate on the other side and he will try to put some child pr0n charges on her too or something. Since whenever anything goes wrong he just asks for noodz and claims they will be prosecuted and be in jail forever...and the person then folds and does whatever nate wants.

Fez should know those cops don't have a warrant. Answer the door calmly tell them they need a warrant to search the house they leave and you go hide the stash some where.

What could Nate use Kat for? I’m also wondering how Nate or anyone who knew her could have found out but that could be reasonably explained.

While you are correct about Fez, I think the post above yours kind of addresses that - this street **** is new to him and Ashtray so they didn’t know any better. I understand that it should be common knowledge but also as pointed out earlier, he’s not the brightest bulb in the shed.

Kind of disappointed next week is the finale. I want moar :lol:

What could Nate use Kat for? I’m also wondering how Nate or anyone who knew her could have found out but that could be reasonably explained.

While you are correct about Fez, I think the post above yours kind of addresses that - this street **** is new to him and Ashtray so they didn’t know any better. I understand that it should be common knowledge but also as pointed out earlier, he’s not the brightest bulb in the shed.

Yea i don't know if it is Nate but that whole scene with Kat was sketchy. Like she was cautious to get anywhere near naked at the beginning of everything. Now dude says take your clothes off and she is like whelp ok.

I can buy the Fez isn't a street guy so he doesn't know....but like he knew to flush the stash. He also has been selling drugs for some time since now its time for him to step it up. But from a story telling standpoint and to march the plot along i am cool with "he is a soft guy" as the explanation.

It doesn't seem new to Ashtray

He seems about that life. He was born in to it :lol:

I don’t think that was Nate on the line with Kat. Her whole arc this episode was just about her getting her false confidence shaken and realizing that she’s not nearly as in control as she thinks she is. From Daniel not even remembering her, Maddie barking at her and this anonymous dude trying to assert some dominance instead of the regulars that she deals with who want to be degrade. She got a taste of some humility.

Prolly gonna run back to Ethan and get shunned :lol:

That wasn't Nate. Nate has no clue she's camming. If Nate were in to watching camming, he would be in the Caitlyn Jenner section.

That was just another scene to show how fragile and not in control Kat really is. It's all fake from insecurity. The dude with the black screen probably paid more and the time he exerted control she caved from her dominance.

Ashtray is just Carl from Shameless. Both of them stupid for having that many drugs at their house and not another spot.

Kat is really a sub who didn’t know because she was doing Dom stuff. I doubt Nate has anything to do with it. Plus her face and real name isn’t exposed not like Jules.

Jules looking like Kimimaro

That wasn't Nate. Nate has no clue she's camming. If Nate were in to watching camming, he would be in the Caitlyn Jenner section.

That was just another scene to show how fragile and not in control Kat really is. It's all fake from insecurity. The dude with the black screen probably paid more and the time he exerted control she caved from her dominance.

It would be really lazy writing if Nate was involved in Kat's situation too.

The guy Kat was camming for is the same one who bought everything on her wishlist.

Like someone above said, this show is excellent in many ways....almost everything feels real and believable.

A couple days ago Hunter Schafer (Jules) walked past me on the Bowery and she looked exactly like her character....platform shoes, small backpack and had the same “spacey & carefree” walk that Jules does.
I had to fight myself and not shout out “Jules !” in the most Freudian way

Back
Top Bottom