European Championship 2012, Poland-Ukraine June 8-July 1

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by tonton32

your right on eiddy, but to be fair, with respect to my background and my allegiance to manchester united its no surprise im a huge cr7 fan, but these responses are not only a result of his match today, for the magnitude of a player that he is, he just hasnt been able to show it in our national kit. like it or not, a man that scores more goals than matches in la liga, destroys the premier league, but doesnt perform well during the qualification stages of the euros and shifts in two subpar matches while in the euro, doesnt equal best player in the world...never has before, ask zidane, ronaldo (you know which one), ronaldinho, even figo - we held all of those stars to that standard and we must for our very own cr7, still think hes one of the best ever but for him to staple his prestige he must perform when hes needed most for his country as well as club. and to be fair, i think he will have a massive match vs holland and make his point! or at least i hope.
I hear you on this.  But the question becomes this, besides that recent friendly. What has Messi done for his country? (I feel like this is the Takeover/Either debate...one can never mention one without the other being brought up)  yet everyone calls him the greatest footballer to ever life.  Outside of that precious Barce system, I haven't seen him do anything in competitive tournaments/matches.  I've had this convo with many a friend....and they've all said the same thing, we might just need to leave country out of the discussion.  But then, you're valid point about Ronaldo, Zidane, even Henry, Benzema (doing so now) have shown many other players have performed at the highest standard at club and country; so it's difficult to now change the yardstick.  I've said before, whether Ronaldo and Messi is the best player of all time, is up for discussion, until one of them beasts out of their club system.  However, I do prefer Ronaldo to Messi, because Ronaldo has beasted in the Prem and La Liga.  Messi hasn't...

STOP RUINING CHANCES, ROBBEN!! 
mad.gif
mad.gif

The defense is terrible today. Every 3 minutes there's a German making a run in open space with no one to stop him
30t6p3b.gif

That goal 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 calmly celebrating 
pimp.gif

My dude took that like an assassin, just gettin the job done.

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

your right on eiddy, but to be fair, with respect to my background and my allegiance to manchester united its no surprise im a huge cr7 fan, but these responses are not only a result of his match today, for the magnitude of a player that he is, he just hasnt been able to show it in our national kit. like it or not, a man that scores more goals than matches in la liga, destroys the premier league, but doesnt perform well during the qualification stages of the euros and shifts in two subpar matches while in the euro, doesnt equal best player in the world...never has before, ask zidane, ronaldo (you know which one), ronaldinho, even figo - we held all of those stars to that standard and we must for our very own cr7, still think hes one of the best ever but for him to staple his prestige he must perform when hes needed most for his country as well as club. and to be fair, i think he will have a massive match vs holland and make his point! or at least i hope.
I hear you on this.  But the question becomes this, besides that recent friendly. What has Messi done for his country? (I feel like this is the Takeover/Either debate...one can never mention one without the other being brought up)  yet everyone calls him the greatest footballer to ever life.  Outside of that precious Barce system, I haven't seen him do anything in competitive tournaments/matches.  I've had this convo with many a friend....and they've all said the same thing, we might just need to leave country out of the discussion.  But then, you're valid point about Ronaldo, Zidane, even Henry, Benzema (doing so now) have shown many other players have performed at the highest standard at club and country; so it's difficult to now change the yardstick.  I've said before, whether Ronaldo and Messi is the best player of all time, is up for discussion, until one of them beasts out of their club system.  However, I do prefer Ronaldo to Messi, because Ronaldo has beasted in the Prem and La Liga.  Messi hasn't...

your right...messi too hasnt done enough. its a discussion with no end between the two really, and a good one for football at the end of the day.

bastian is one of my favorite players, always dreamed to see him in a united kit (would never happen though)...

germany
sick.gif

Bert needs to use all 3 substitutes on the defense at halftime. This is pathetic.

your right...messi too hasnt done enough. its a discussion with no end between the two really, and a good one for football at the end of the day.

bastian is one of my favorite players, always dreamed to see him in a united kit (would never happen though)...

germany
sick.gif
Indeed, my dad told me when he was growing up, you could only really discuss Pele.  And then Maradona came, but you really had one player at a time to watch.  Now we're fortunate enough to have 2 in our lifetime to see live, it's incredible. 
My dream is to stack my bread extra hard, and take my dad to an El Classico next season. But the prices are 
sick.gif

^^that would be a dream gift for my dad as well..but dont forget the great puskas, eusébio, and di stefanos, and edwards
pimp.gif

germany are crazy right now, spain and italy both looked great too though.

the seig chant is a bit scary lol 

Originally Posted by SFC415

He needs to buy the entire team new cars for making up for his trash..
I never want to hear "Ronaldo is the best in the world" ever again. @#$@ outta here with that nonsense. "He doesn't score because he doesn't have quality players on the national team like he does on Madrid 
frown.gif
"- Madridistas who know nothing about football 
roll.gif
 @ him still looking pissed after they just won. Cares more about his own glory instead of his country. 
ronaldo-celebration-o.gif

Everyone has a bad game or two...

a bad game or two? He has been trash for Portugal for almost 4 years. Compare him to all the star players in our NT's history and you'll realize how pathetic it is. And if it matters, I don't consider Messi to be the best (it's Iniesta IMO)

Oranje totally play on momentum...and they can't get anything going.  When was that set up by Robben for the shot on goal? In the 58th minute??? A hour for a decent shot on goal??

Sneijder's been invisible the whole match so far.

Originally Posted by F Sharp005

Oranje totally play on momentum...and they can't get anything going.  When was that set up by Robben for the shot on goal? In the 58th minute??? A hour for a decent shot on goal??

Sneijder's been invisible the whole match so far.

laugh.gif
 i thought he was on the bench until I saw him with an attempt on goal. 

Back
Top Bottom