European Championship 2012, Poland-Ukraine June 8-July 1

Originally Posted by engoi

I think it is a little bit unfair to focus everything on CR.
Every team guard him with 2 or three players and if no one of his own teamcomrades helps him then he has of course problems.
And I'm not a CR7 fan.
I think it's his attitude more than anything.

You can play like *+%# but if you gonna whine, roll your eyes, slap your thighs and make all these other negative gestures at other players, as the captain, you deserved to get cooked.

Originally Posted by tonton32

^^^por mim o CR7 nao jogava no domingo e uma vergonha....

going in
roll.gif

Haha, damn they really are going hard. He deserves the criticism tho, he averages a goal per game for Real but he can't score more than 4 in 20 games for the Shield? I believe Ronaldo to be strong mentally, hopefully it empowers him...or not

I've been pleased with the Euro 2012 tournament thus far. Substantial amount of quality group stage matches. Spain/Italy, England/France, Portugal/Netherlands, Germany/Netherlands, Russia/Poland. I believe Denmark has surprised many with their two performances in the death group. Agger and Eriksen are class. Unfortunately the Danes lost their #1 keeper right before the start of the tournament. I reckon it could have made a difference. 
Portugal/Denmark: Uncharacteristic of Ronaldo to not finish his chances in the second-half. The clear 1v1 against the keeper is something Madrid supporters have seen Cristiano finish easily by one-touching it around the goalie into an empty net. The other clear chance from the left side cutting in on goal was another opportunity Portuguese fans and Madridistas are used to seeing finished with class. Perhaps it was nerves on the big stage or pressure/burden to carry a nation. I have full confidence that CR7 will redeem himself to help Portugal advance Sunday against Holland. 

Germany/Netherlands: The Oranje looked very strong and dangerous in the opening twenty minutes with attacking football. However, missed chances (RVP) and wasted corners came back to haunt the Dutch. Germany is lethal in the counter-attack and proved as much securing two valuable goals before half. The back line of Boateng/Badstuber/Hummels/Lahm is better than most European fans realize. Neuer looked comfortable for much of the match. Bastian was killer with the final ball and still extremely vital to Germany's creative success. 

We are going to see just how good Italy/Croatia are tomorrow. Spain should thrash Ireland on paper. 

agreed, ive been happy with almost every match, barring a few disappointments (england...) and i think the show rolls on with higher stakes..i think the italy vs croatia match will be one of the better matches of this round of the group stages both teams played great and have a lot to prove..as for the Irish, for trapattoni's sake and the fans i hope spain doesnt embarrass them too badly

oh and...
pimp.gif

9M1q4lgpx4U.jpg

I think the pressure of playing for your nation does get to Ronaldo. I understand when people say that he doesn't have the same quality of players that play for RM but still, Portugal is ranked in the top 10 in the world. Those two chances, he would have gotten them during the season with ease...it's something goalies fear eespecially when it's someone as CR7.

Can we get a gif of Boateng taking that shot to the stomach?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

The Dutch playing with 2 holding MF really kills them, there's no fluidity. They showed moments where they played that beautiful football. I was surprised that wasn't changed until the 2nd half, MvB was sleeping out there. I was surprised that VdV and Huntelaar didn't start. Willems did good today, still to raw and inexperienced though. I look forward to see how he develops and overall how the NT develops with bringing in younger players into the squad. Hopefully they can develop some world class defenders....God, do they need too!

I'm glad RvP was able to get that goal, it was a nice one. Bendter really comes through for his country, 2 lovely headers from him. I wonder who the Portuguese hate more, him or CR7?
laugh.gif

By the end of this tournament, all the top players/players that really showed up will be linked to Chelsea/ManCity/PSG somehow some way
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Originally Posted by engoi

I think it is a little bit unfair to focus everything on CR.
Every team guard him with 2 or three players and if no one of his own teamcomrades helps him then he has of course problems.
And I'm not a CR7 fan.
I think it's his attitude more than anything.

You can play like *+%# but if you gonna whine, roll your eyes, slap your thighs and make all these other negative gestures at other players, as the captain, you deserved to get cooked.
yup. The worst was when we sealed the win and all the players were going crazy and celebrating, he was the only one who looked pissed off and aloof. If I'm missing wide open shots and my team is on the path to elimination cause of that, I'd be the one celebrating the hardest and congratulating my team mate for saving our @#$.

^^idk, thats not the way most competitors react though, dont get me wrong i wanted to see him run over to varela and give him some love for saving his #%#. but i also didnt want to see him celebrating too hard so he feels how much of a muck up he had which should subsequently result in him turning his focus towards playing better and turning back into the cr7 that we know.

what i hated was the way he reacted to miscues by his teammates, i mean let them know they arent up to standard, ala roy keane/vidic, but dont throw your hands up and +@*%+ and %%!*

true. Well, as much as I don't like him, I'm not rooting against him either. Without him being at his best, our chances to win are very slim. We can't depend on Pepe and Postiga ( the true king of messing up chances 
sick.gif
) to score every game. Varela has looked really great though. As soon as he comes on you can tell that our attacking gets intensified by alot. Unlucky to get a goal against Germany and probably would've scored one if he was brought on earlier.

Originally Posted by tonton32

agreed, ive been happy with almost every match, barring a few disappointments (england...) and i think the show rolls on with higher stakes..i think the italy vs croatia match will be one of the better matches of this round of the group stages both teams played great and have a lot to prove..as for the Irish, for trapattoni's sake and the fans i hope spain doesnt embarrass them too badly

oh and...
pimp.gif

9M1q4lgpx4U.jpg

who is this broad

^ hahaha!  Always like to see how some brands get exposure at high profile sporting events.

Anyone remember the 36 female fans during the 2010 World Cup dressed in orange for the Bavaria beer brand?

Peace

So dissappointed in the Dutch. All that attacking talent, yet they can't figure out what to do with it. Robben does more harm than good right now. VDV plays much better as a second striker than in the midfield to me. The backline is weak, which we all knew, but the space left to Germany by the midfield (with 2 DMs) was egregious.

I feel as if they almost have to change shape against Portugal. Anything to shake it up. Get RVP and Huntelaar in together for 90, drop a DM for a guy like Strootman, give the young FBs some help against CR7 and Nani.

Speaking of CR7....
laugh.gif
All you can do is laugh at this point.

great adjustment by the croatian coach, hes placed more players in the middle to prevent pirlo from enjoying so much time on the ball, surprised he didnt start that way, most teams usually do that with him (ala j.s park)

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Torres 2-4 goals today
Nicolas+Cage+Laugh+GIF.gif

According to livescores.com he's not even starting today. 

So you think he's gonna come on in the 60th and pull a Baby Faced Assassin like performance? 
grin.gif

^hes starting

man gotta say italy have played two great matches so far, unlucky to receive only two points...croatia vs spain
eek.gif

Yeah just saw the updated team sheet...

Well...let's see if the boy can pull his socks up...

Back
Top Bottom