European Championship 2012, Poland-Ukraine June 8-July 1

Originally Posted by Noskey

Ibra
Balotelli
Welbeck

Yep, I'd go with that as well^
Only in England would a lucky but ultimately poor performance group stage win over Ukraine be treated as if we'd just won the trophy 
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
ENGLAND-0-1.jpg

England fortunate to get a W. Played well enough to deserve a draw, but unimpressive when it's Ukraine.

Ibra's goal...
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Bad show by France. At least Lloris got lots of practice...?

Agree with the post from earlier, great that we've had a tourney without any dull 0-0 draws. Platini gonna $%%% everything up by adding 8 more (Hello, Park the Bus) and continuing to resist goalline tech.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

the main thing for me is Zlatan was almost completely unmarked... lots of guys could scored that goal, not many would have had the strengt to hold the defender as Balotelli did and still finish like that. (Zlatan could, but not many else)

also, Welbecks goal was better for me as well...

laugh.gif
Say what?? You have got to be out of your God damn mind if you seriously believe that.

And I gotta say, if the degree of how close a player was marked determines what a good goal is for you, you gotta have the lamest criteria. Yeah, Maradona's goal against England in 86 sucked, he just wasn't defended properly. Are you aware that there is also such a thing as losing your marker? But I guess that counts as a minus for you if you are to see it as truly a great goal, even if the goal is scored in amazingly acrobatic fashion. The distance from where Balo scored, it was impossible for the goalkeeper make a save for about 90% of the goal area. He hit that 90% and scored. Zlatan had to legitimately beat the (better) keeper from some distance.

Dude what are you talking about. Whether or not a player is marked or unmarked and furthermore, how tightly they are marked is a perfectly legitimate and normal criteria.

And no, of course losing your mark or scoring when unmarked doesn't diminish the quality of an otherwise amazing goal.

The Balotelli goal was incredible and IMO of a higher degree of difficulty. Getting pulled to the ground with a defender on his back, and to still be able to hit it one time and direct it 180 degrees from the direction he was facing while off balance and to still make that kind of contact is ridiculous.

Overall Zlatan's was of higher quality to me though. Absolutely maserful technique performing what by it self is an incredibly difficult technique to pull off, unmarked or not. The placement just tops it all off.

If Italy can score first, I see Buffon holding !!%! down the entire match.

link

[h1]Polish police find body of missing Irish fan[/h1]
Polish authorities believe they have found the drowned body of a young Irish soccer fan whose disappearance over the weekend sparked a massive police search, a prosecutor said on Wednesday.

Twenty-one-year-old Nolan James, who traveled to Poland to cheer on Ireland at Euro 2012, had gone missing after a night out with friends in the northern city of Bydgoszcz.

"I can confirm that the body of a young man was pulled out of the river by divers," Prosecutor Len Bojarski told Reuters.

"At the moment, we suspect that it is the missing Irish fan. There is a chance that the family will arrive in Poland later today and we will ask them to identify the body. Then we'll know for sure," he said.

Another official from the prosecutor's office told public television police found Nolan's documents on the body brought up from the Brda river, near where he had gone missing around 0100 local time (7 p.m. EDT on Saturday) on Sunday after separating from his friends.

Nolan stayed at a hotel in Bydgoszcz which is located between the Polish cities of Poznan and Gdansk where Ireland played their matches.

(Reporting by Dagmara Leszkowicz, writing by Chris Borowski, editing by Ed Osmond)

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Only in England would a lucky but ultimately poor performance group stage win over Ukraine be treated as if we'd just won the trophy 
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
ENGLAND-0-1.jpg

I love England.
roll.gif

Ribery had to stop training.Again something with his feet.
He should switch to adidas.Problems with his feet have become a neverending story.

Originally Posted by Jesus Saved Edwin

My top 3 goals so far:

1. Balotelli's bicycle kick goal:

tumblr_m5uqzyuqz61rr8wbto1_r1_500.gif

2. Ibrahimovic's bicycle kick goal:

tumblr_m5w3d6OTT61rr8wbto1_500.gif

3. Pirlo's free kick goal over the Croatian wall:

tumblr_m5uai0dG9p1rr8wbto1_r1_500.gif

The camera angle these goals where recorded on don't make the goals justice.

so welbz doesnt get a mention?

Originally Posted by beans718

Originally Posted by Jesus Saved Edwin

My top 3 goals so far:

1. Balotelli's bicycle kick goal:

tumblr_m5uqzyuqz61rr8wbto1_r1_500.gif

2. Ibrahimovic's bicycle kick goal:

tumblr_m5w3d6OTT61rr8wbto1_500.gif

3. Pirlo's free kick goal over the Croatian wall:

tumblr_m5uai0dG9p1rr8wbto1_r1_500.gif

The camera angle these goals where recorded on don't make the goals justice.

so welbz doesnt get a mention?

That ^

Gotta love Mario 
laugh.gif
 -he could score a hat-trick against us ...wouldn't even be mad!
*Blonde - Spanish - freckles  
devil.gif

embarassed.gif

2nd half been nothing but domination and near-misses for Portugal. Should realistically be 2 or 3 to nil, if not for some incredible luck on the Czech side. Their luck's been thinning out more and more though.

Back
Top Bottom