European Championship 2012, Poland-Ukraine June 8-July 1

Man I just hope that my country of origin (Poland) has a decent showing and has at least 1 win. Ever since underachieving during the last world cup it's been quite disappointing. Maybe the home field will help them make it to the QF.

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

My body is ready.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TripleXL Vol 2

Looks like Jose Mourinho plan is working after all.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Xavi criticises Madrid attitude[/h1]
June 4, 2012

By ESPN staff

Barcelona midfielder Xavi Hernandez has threatened to stoke tensions in the Spain squad after again criticising the manner in which Real Madrid players have reacted to defeat.

barcelonacelebvmadrid20120125_275x155.jpg

GettyImagesXavi feels Real Madrid's player have to learn to praise their opponents when suffering defeat

There have long been concerns that the ferocious rivalry between the two clubs may cause disharmony in the national set-up, and coach Vicente Del Bosque recently confirmed there were issues between Gerard Pique and Sergio Ramos. "If Pique and Ramos do not get along, they'll be dropped," Del Bosque said. "They are young kids with their differences, but we have no problems."

Xavi has now risked provoking the Real Madrid players in the squad as he repeated comments he made in January and April suggesting Barca's players have a more sporting approach.

"We have congratulated them when they won," he told Canal+. "That is sport at the end of the day. We have been very respectful with them. However, I have noted that it wasn't the same in reverse."

With seven Barcelona players and five Real Madrid players in Spain's Euro 2012 squad, concerns will be raised as to the mood of the camp.

Nonetheless, after Luis Aragones steered the team to Euro 2008 glory and Del Bosque took them to their first World Cup triumph two years later, Xavi is upbeat about the team's chances this summer.

"The national team now lives in a peaceful environment," he said. "Before, the people didn't believe in us. I heard that these players can't pass the quarter-final, I saw front pages saying they didn't believe in us and this hurt.

"Luis cleared the path for the national team with a style that continues not just because it brought success but because the fans liked it, identified it and could be proud of the way Spain played. Del Bosque and the trainers that came had to understand that this philosophy couldn't be lost."

Xavi also said he was positive about the future for Barcelona after Tito Vilanova was named Pep Guardiola's successor.

"I was very surprised by Pep leaving, but when he explained it all to us, you understand," he said. "The naming of Tito also surprised me, more than anything because what had happened with his illness, but looking at the decision, I think it was treated in the best way possible.

"This team has to continue for a few more years winning titles and we don't have to change the form of coaching."

jose-mourinho-slaps-puyol-o.gif

My brother is a Madrid fan and for the past 2 years has been saying that Mourinho just pretends to act like a @#$@% to disrupt the Spanish NT so that Portugal has a better chance to win 
laugh.gif
 (of course he didn't prepare for us being in the hardest group of all though). Hey, as a Barca fan I hate him, but as a Portuguese Seleccao fan I appreciate his efforts 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

What was feared already happening even before the start of the tournament:

Racist chants by some Polish hooligans against the black Dutch players.
30t6p3b.gif

Never understood these Eastern European neo-nazis. They don't even have their ideology in check. Idolizing Hitler when Hitler if he had his will would've turned them and their according to him inferior Slavic race into slaves for the superior Aryan race.

^I was in Poland (Wroclaw) last summer.  I'm of Filipino descent, so I have tanned skin.  I did get the occasional looks from the locals who looked like they've never seen a coloured person before.

Peace

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

30t6p3b.gif

Never understood these Eastern European neo-nazis. They don't even have their ideology in check. Idolizing Hitler when Hitler if he had his will would've turned them and their according to him inferior Slavic race into slaves for the superior Aryan race.
Yeah, incredible.
30t6p3b.gif

How do countries like these get the right to host global events?
30t6p3b.gif

Just realised that Euro 2012 starts today
laugh.gif
. I've never been less excited for an international tournament.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

30t6p3b.gif

Yeah, incredible.
30t6p3b.gif

How do countries like these get the right to host global events?
30t6p3b.gif
How is this a global event? Its only European teams and just because the actions of a few *%# holes, doesn't mean its reflective of the entire country. Extremists are everywhere in Europe as well as the world.

...but Polish club hooligans are an issue. Ross Kemp did a special about them and there some Neo-Nazi pieces of $+#* that do make them  look bad. The club hooligans just brawl for the hell of it as well. 

Originally Posted by trunks206

^ why is that?

I'm pretty pumped, its finally game day gentleman!

In the Uk, it seems like the hype for this has been completely drowned out by the Jubilee celebrations and Olympics. It also doesn't help that this is one of the weakest England squads I've ever witnessed.

Originally Posted by GMA 11

^ why is that?

In the Uk, it seems like the hype for this has been completely drowned out by the Jubilee celebrations and Olympics. It also doesn't help that this is one of the weakest England squads I've ever witnessed.
Makes sense. 

That didnt look like a second yellow. As poor as Greece was anyways this game is now over.

The Roberto Martinez look-a-like is having a horrible game. 2 soft yellows leading to a sending off, denied what looked like a handball in the box against Poland and then he gave a Greece player a yellow for protesting the no call.
laugh.gif
: wow

terrible judgment by the ref...16 red cards out of the 19 la liga matches hes done last season
sick.gif

how the $+*! did he get on

Originally Posted by GMA 11

^ why is that?

All of this.

I think where the tournament is being held doesn't help either.

Not exactly nations with a rich footballing pedigree, nor are they particularly enticing from the tourist standpoint.

The Roberto Martinez look-a-like is having a horrible game. 2 soft yellows leading to a sending off, denied what looked like a handball in the box against Poland and then he gave a Greece player a yellow for protesting the no call.
laugh.gif
wow

yessssss
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom