European Soccer off-season transfer thread...

We had a pretty successful thread last summer, lets do it again.

ESPN reported that C. Ronaldo agreed to a deal with Real Madrid but Madrid still needs to work out a transfer fee with Man Utd. Man Utd. has said countlesstimes that they will not sell Ronaldo. I dont see how they can keep him against his will if he no longer wants to stay. At the end of the day, I see RealMadrid setting a transfer record, somewhere between 60-70 million pounds.

C. Ronaldo on Real Madrid = Dynasty...no one will be able to touch them domestically or in Europe.

Arsenal have made an offer for talented Marseille youngster Samir Nasri

Tottenham (
sick.gif
) is interested in Sammy Eto'o

Juventus is interested in Xabi Alonso

In other breaking news...Didier Drogba is rumored to be leaving Chelsea for probably the 4th summer in a row
laugh.gif

Is Juventus back up to the big leagues now? I haven't kept up with that league at all in the last year after the big scandal
laugh.gif

Also, i can't picture Ronaldo anywhere but Man U.. it just wouldn't look quite right, but i definitely think he'll leave this off season...

Also - when do Euro's start/finish?

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Is Juventus back up to the big leagues now? I haven't kept up with that league at all in the last year after the big scandal
laugh.gif

Also, i can't picture Ronaldo anywhere but Man U.. it just wouldn't look quite right, but i definitely think he'll leave this off season...

Juve swept through Serie B last season to make it back to Serie A where they finished 3rd this season.

The opener for Euro '08 is June 7th and the final is on June 29th.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Vela will be returning to Arsenal
pimp.gif

Bravo is going to Depor

Marquez will probably leave Barca.
Maza to PSV

OCHOA needs to move to europe ASAP while hes young, not waste the talent like bravo...

ESPN reported that C. Ronaldo agreed to a deal with Real Madrid but Madrid still needs to work out a transfer fee with Man Utd. Man Utd. has said countless times that they will not sell Ronaldo. I dont see how they can keep him against his will if he no longer wants to stay. At the end of the day, I see Real Madrid setting a transfer record, somewhere between 60-70 million pounds.
http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=705662

21/05/2008 23:58
[h1]Speechless Ronaldo: I'm Staying[/h1] [h2]Manchester United ace Cristiano Ronaldo scored a goal but missed a penalty, however, he had good news for fans worldwide after the win...[/h2]

30727_news.jpg

galleria zoom

United emerged victorious on spot-kicks after the sides were level 1-1 after extra time. Ronaldo headed a dominant United into the lead. Chelsea snuck a fortunate equaliser from Frank Lampard just before half time, and proceeded to dominate the second half.

Extra time was cagey, penalties were by and large very well taken. Ronaldo was the first to miss, taking United's third and not putting it far enough to one side or the other. Chelsea were a spot-kick away from victory, but John Terry, despite sending Edwin van der Sar the wrong way, saw his penalty agonizingly clip the post and go out. In sudden death, Giggs scored and Nicolas Anelka took a similar penalty to Ronaldo's, and saw it saved by van der Sar.

After the game, Ronaldo was overcome with emotion and largely lost for words: "I don't know what to say.

"I thought we were going to lose [when he missed his penalty]. In my opinion I played good in the game, I scored a goal, and I missed a penalty," he shrugged, before muttering: "The worst day of my life. Oh my God..."

Still shaking his head just thinking about that moment, he moved onto more positive memories of United's eventual victory.

"I feel very proud for the lads," he declared.

"To be honest, I don't know what I was thinking. Penalties are a lottery, you never know who's going to win.

"I think we deserved to win, because we played better in the whole game.

"This is everything for me, because we win both trophies - the Champions League and the league - I feel very happy.

"One of the best days of my life. Very, very proud.

"Chelsea are always difficult to beat. I think the supporters enjoyed watching the game and I enjoyed it as well."

Lastly, when asked if he would be leaving the club after such a glorious high, he answered: "No no, I'm going to stay."

dont BS me ronny
smh.gif

Originally Posted by UsedToBeCool

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

laugh.gif

Juve swept through Serie B last season to make it back to Serie A where they finished 3rd this season.

The opener for Euro '08 is June 7th and the final is on June 29th.

thanks bro. euro's will be fun.. i'm hoping for a huge upset like Greece in 2004, but i don't really care who wins.. here's the latestodds:

European Championship 2008
Fri 6/6 12:00PM (EST)
[table][tr][td]Germany [/td] [td] +420 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Spain [/td] [td] +640 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Italy [/td] [td] +740 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Portugal [/td] [td] +760 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]France [/td] [td] +880 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Croatia [/td] [td] +1300 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Netherlands [/td] [td] +1400 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Czech Republic [/td] [td] +1450 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Switzerland [/td] [td] +2800 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Russia [/td] [td] +3000 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Greece [/td] [td] +3000 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sweden [/td] [td] +3300 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Romania [/td] [td] +4500 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Poland [/td] [td] +5000 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Turkey [/td] [td] +5500 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Austria [/td] [td] +13000 [/td] [/tr][/table]

Lots of Arsenal rumors (per the usual)... But the ones I think have legs are Samir Nasri from Marseilles and Hatem Ben Arfa from Lyon. Should be good Wengerbuys as they'll be about 12-15M pounds each (which is still a lot for Arsenal of course).

Hleb can ****... I'd love to see our midfielders consist of : Walcott, Ben Arfa, Cesc, Vela, Nasri... plus Diaby, Denilson, Mr. Glass Rosicky, etc.
pimp.gif

If we can get those new boys and get a good defensive mid (Yaya Toure rumors... but wishful thinking) and a halfway decent Centre-Back (Vincent Kompanyrumors), my summer will be happy.
Let the fun season begin
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Porto RB Jose Bosingwa signed with Chelsea

Inter want Lampard and Drogba or Eto'o, Adriano ready to return

Chelsea gonna make a bid for Robinho just for the hell of it

Liverpool want Gareth Barry

Fiorentina want Giuseppe Rossi

Arsene wants young scraps
laugh.gif

Keita to Barca

Tottenham interested in Diego Milito

Drogba likely played his last game for Chelsea. His heart wasn't there this season. He'll either go to RM, Barca, or Inter. I doubt he would goto Milan since they're not in CL next season.

Rossi still is part owned by Man United right?

Eto'o refused a move to white hart lane, says wants to go to inter

COME ON SAF..........................MOUTINHO AND QUARESMA!!!

I have heard rumors of Torres to Chelsea... don't leave us kid! There have been some rumors about my guy Pete Crouchie as well, he better not leave useither.
Drogba is gone, to where - i dont know. Thierry is gone, i have heard rumors about Aston Villa, Arsenal, i think Chelsea, and the Seattle Sounders MLS squad.
I hope Real doesn't pick up Cristiano, I want him to stay in the premiership.

the most interesting off-season (other than ManU's) will be Barca's, IMO... expecting big changes... with Eto'o, Ronny & possibly Henry...

Spurs linked to pretty much everyone this off-season. I wonder if they'll sign any of them. Hopefully Chelsea can unload Sheva and some others and bring insome new blood. I'd love to see Crystiano move to La Liga. Or anywhere outside of England.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

ESPN reported that C. Ronaldo agreed to a deal with Real Madrid but Madrid still needs to work out a transfer fee with Man Utd. Man Utd. has said countless times that they will not sell Ronaldo. I dont see how they can keep him against his will if he no longer wants to stay. At the end of the day, I see Real Madrid setting a transfer record, somewhere between 60-70 million pounds.

I hate the fact that contracts in Pro sports mean little or nothing these days. If you ink your name for five years you should honour you commitment. Whats the point on signing extensions if you have no intention of staying? Oh wait so you can get paid $250,000 a week. Whats the point of signing a five yeardeal if you back out two days later Billy D, you dummy? Rant over.
Anyway transfers i read today.
Alonso to Juventus for 16M.
Lefferty to Wolves 4M
Spurs after Milito
Schwarzer to Fulham on a free
Flamini to AC on a free Done
Bosingwa to Chelsea 16M Done
Luka Modric to Spurs 16M Done
Shola Ameobi to Toronto FC
D.Alves to Man U
Malouda to Pool 10M
Zarate to Arsenal 20M

Originally Posted by mmagic1

I hate the fact that contracts in Pro sports mean little or nothing these days. If you ink your name for five years you should honour you commitment. Whats the point on signing extensions if you have no intention of staying? Oh wait so you can get paid $250,000 a week. Whats the point of signing a five year deal if you back out two days later Billy D, you dummy? Rant over.

Exactly... initially I didn't understand it... call me old-fashioned, but I thought signed-contracts were legally-binding and that both parties had tohonor the agreement... whats the point of signing a 5-year deal, spending 1 year there and demanding a desire to leave? at the same time, a lot of thespeculation has come from the Spanish media, and of course, they want Ronaldo there... shady journalism perhaps?

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by mmagic1

I hate the fact that contracts in Pro sports mean little or nothing these days. If you ink your name for five years you should honour you commitment. Whats the point on signing extensions if you have no intention of staying? Oh wait so you can get paid $250,000 a week. Whats the point of signing a five year deal if you back out two days later Billy D, you dummy? Rant over.

Exactly... initially I didn't understand it... call me old-fashioned, but I thought signed-contracts were legally-binding and that both parties had to honor the agreement... whats the point of signing a 5-year deal, spending 1 year there and demanding a desire to leave? at the same time, a lot of the speculation has come from the Spanish media, and of course, they want Ronaldo there... shady journalism perhaps?
Thats what I stated earlier in the EPL thread, most of these "reports" are just spanish spin based on birds chirping in order to sell theirrag

Ofcourse there is a lot of media fabrication but Ronaldo did come out and publicly say "I want to play in Spain" numerous times in the past. He alsosaid "I'll decide my future after the UCL finals".

Other rumors (sorry if already posted)...
-AC Milan are after a big name striker...Eto'o, Drogba, Adebeyor are mentioned
-Man Utd. want to permanently sign Carlos Tevez
-Liverpool selling Xabi Alonso is contingent on them signing Gareth Barry
-Thierry Henry linked to Arsenal

As earlier mentioned, I'm also interested in what Barcelona are going to do. I think they are in the same position as Real Madrid were 2 summers ago whenthey completely restructured their team. I'm 98% sure Ronaldinho and Deco are leaving, I can also see Eto'o leaving. I dont want to see Henry back inan Arsenal uniform, he quit on the team after 1 poor season and he found himself in a worse situation over in Barcelona. He needs to find a home elsewhere.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

-AC Milan are after a big name striker...Eto'o, Drogba, Adebeyor are mentioned

Crazy if pulled-off to get two of those... who are AC's current strikers? curious as to how they'd be played...

Interesting situation with Ronaldinho... no doubt he'll be leaving... but the transfer fee will probably be astronomical... are some teams reluctant to gofor him, with injuries on their mind?

Inzaghi and Kaka are Milan's current strikers , if AC picked up anyone on that list kaka would move over to MF....kaka is more of an akkacking midfieldertho ..with gattuso leaving this seems like more of a reality

Back
Top Bottom