Ever revisit an album months/years later and realize....

I know the world we live in today if filled with people who declare an album a CLASSIC or complete GARBAGE the second it leaks or during it's first week of release. So who's willing to admit after some time went by that they either overrated or underrated an album once all the hype died down.

Underrated:
Young_Jeezy_The_Inspiration.jpg

To keep it simple I just flat out felt like this album wasn't as HARD as TM101 and Jeezy sold out with some of the mainstream singles (Go Getta and Dreamin') but years went by and I popped this in and realized this joint bangs nearly as hard as TM101 did.

Overrated:
eminem-recovery-420x0.jpg

Sure the lyrics are there but a lot of the content on the album seemed repetitive to me. Beats were extra stale even though he FINALLY stepped outside the box and worked with new producers, I gave him the benefit of the doubt cuz it was Eminem. Looking back I prefer Relapse to this by far.

Some other albums I underrated
BP3 - a ton of yall claim this album as being Jay-Z's worst, I don't see that at all
Ludacris - Release Therapy: yall hate any and everything Ludacris on here
Snoop Dogg - Tha Blue Carpet Treatment:  basically if it ain't Doggystyle Snoop gets NO credit for his good work, I overlooked this
Rich Boy: I hated his delivery at first but it took me a while to actually give him a chance, he said some real stuff on that album

Others I overrated
Nas - Hip Hop Is Dead: looking back at it this album sucked, there's probably maybe 1 song I still listen to til this day off this album. I hyped it when it came out though
30t6p3b.gif

Wiz - Kush and OJ: maybe it because I never listened to him before this mixtape but while still good it's not better than Flight School, especially content wise
(yall gonna kill me for this) OB4CL2: just don't have replay value to me
grin.gif

I know the world we live in today if filled with people who declare an album a CLASSIC or complete GARBAGE the second it leaks or during it's first week of release. So who's willing to admit after some time went by that they either overrated or underrated an album once all the hype died down.

Underrated:
Young_Jeezy_The_Inspiration.jpg

To keep it simple I just flat out felt like this album wasn't as HARD as TM101 and Jeezy sold out with some of the mainstream singles (Go Getta and Dreamin') but years went by and I popped this in and realized this joint bangs nearly as hard as TM101 did.

Overrated:
eminem-recovery-420x0.jpg

Sure the lyrics are there but a lot of the content on the album seemed repetitive to me. Beats were extra stale even though he FINALLY stepped outside the box and worked with new producers, I gave him the benefit of the doubt cuz it was Eminem. Looking back I prefer Relapse to this by far.

Some other albums I underrated
BP3 - a ton of yall claim this album as being Jay-Z's worst, I don't see that at all
Ludacris - Release Therapy: yall hate any and everything Ludacris on here
Snoop Dogg - Tha Blue Carpet Treatment:  basically if it ain't Doggystyle Snoop gets NO credit for his good work, I overlooked this
Rich Boy: I hated his delivery at first but it took me a while to actually give him a chance, he said some real stuff on that album

Others I overrated
Nas - Hip Hop Is Dead: looking back at it this album sucked, there's probably maybe 1 song I still listen to til this day off this album. I hyped it when it came out though
30t6p3b.gif

Wiz - Kush and OJ: maybe it because I never listened to him before this mixtape but while still good it's not better than Flight School, especially content wise
(yall gonna kill me for this) OB4CL2: just don't have replay value to me
grin.gif

Blueprint = overrated (can't get through this album)
Late Registration = overrated (My least favorite of his "real" albums)

Doctor's Advocate = underrated (album bangs)
Speakerboxxx - underated (not as "groundbreaking" as Love Below but still a good album on its own)
Madvillainy = underrated (most of yah'll don't like DOOM & slept on Madlib hard)
any of Ludacris' first 4 cds (except Chicken N Beer) = underrated

Blueprint = overrated (can't get through this album)
Late Registration = overrated (My least favorite of his "real" albums)

Doctor's Advocate = underrated (album bangs)
Speakerboxxx - underated (not as "groundbreaking" as Love Below but still a good album on its own)
Madvillainy = underrated (most of yah'll don't like DOOM & slept on Madlib hard)
any of Ludacris' first 4 cds (except Chicken N Beer) = underrated

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Album was weak. I wasn't feeling it then and still not today.
(yall gonna kill me for this)
Eh, it's ok for what it is. I don't grade Wiz on the same scale I grade other rappers. He's to Curren$y what Nate Dogg was to Snoop. Good for hooks and chill mode music.
OB4CL2: just don't have replay value to me  
It's a decent album, it just came out in the wrong era. Had it dropped in the 90s it would've been a classic.
Albums I overrated:
00-prodigy-product_of_the_80s-2008.jpg

madvillainy.jpg

Album was weak. I wasn't feeling it then and still not today.
(yall gonna kill me for this)
Eh, it's ok for what it is. I don't grade Wiz on the same scale I grade other rappers. He's to Curren$y what Nate Dogg was to Snoop. Good for hooks and chill mode music.
OB4CL2: just don't have replay value to me  
It's a decent album, it just came out in the wrong era. Had it dropped in the 90s it would've been a classic.
Albums I overrated:
00-prodigy-product_of_the_80s-2008.jpg

madvillainy.jpg

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

Speakerboxxx - underated (not as "groundbreaking" as Love Below but still a good album on its own) -How is this album overrated if it won the grammy for album of the year?????????????
Madvillainy = underrated (most of yah'll don't like DOOM & slept on Madlib hard) -This album is not underrated. 

underrated

shyne godfather buried alive

consequence: dont quit your day job

jaylib: champion sound
the album gets no credit what so ever
30t6p3b.gif

Speakerboxxx - underated (not as "groundbreaking" as Love Below but still a good album on its own) -How is this album overrated if it won the grammy for album of the year?????????????
Madvillainy = underrated (most of yah'll don't like DOOM & slept on Madlib hard) -This album is not underrated. 

underrated

shyne godfather buried alive

consequence: dont quit your day job

jaylib: champion sound
the album gets no credit what so ever
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by mauriciogarcia

To be honest damn near EVERYONE praises Speakerboxx/The Love Below MAINLY for Andre 3000's disc, even though Big Boi's was the better one to me. We all know "He Ya" is what brought that Grammy, not "The Way You Move"

To be honest damn near EVERYONE praises Speakerboxx/The Love Below MAINLY for Andre 3000's disc, even though Big Boi's was the better one to me. We all know "He Ya" is what brought that Grammy, not "The Way You Move"

man just read speaker boxxx

still if it won the grammy for album of the year then it is not underrated. i dont think that they will give album of the year to outkast just for half an album.

Speakerboxxx got maybe two plays from me. Big Boi wouldn't have made it very far without 3 stacks. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Underrated:

Masta%20Ace%20-%20Disposable%20Arts.jpg

Album is damn near a classic and never really gets mentioned. A great concept album with tracks that sound good when not played in their intended order. The cover is a jab at himself and his "one hit wonder" status from "Born To Roll."

Truth.  I ONLY keep Andre 3K in the whip because I have those moments where I wanna listen to Prototype and just vibe with my lady or when I'm solo.  I found myself last nite listening to Drakes SFG Mixtape and vibing and still appreciating that mixtape. 

man just read speaker boxxx

still if it won the grammy for album of the year then it is not underrated. i dont think that they will give album of the year to outkast just for half an album.

Speakerboxxx got maybe two plays from me. Big Boi wouldn't have made it very far without 3 stacks. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Underrated:

Masta%20Ace%20-%20Disposable%20Arts.jpg

Album is damn near a classic and never really gets mentioned. A great concept album with tracks that sound good when not played in their intended order. The cover is a jab at himself and his "one hit wonder" status from "Born To Roll."

Truth.  I ONLY keep Andre 3K in the whip because I have those moments where I wanna listen to Prototype and just vibe with my lady or when I'm solo.  I found myself last nite listening to Drakes SFG Mixtape and vibing and still appreciating that mixtape. 

Blueprint 3 I overlooked. Was hating on it when it came out but listened to it yesterday and was really enjoying it

Blueprint 3 I overlooked. Was hating on it when it came out but listened to it yesterday and was really enjoying it

Yea, Luda gets NOOOOOO love on #NT
laugh.gif
His albums are decent. I wouldn't go the length to say classic but his debut and maybe even RT comes close.

OB4CL2 has no replay value and like someone mentioned, it dropped in the wrong era.

I think ppl underrate Loso's Way. For what it's worth, it's a pretty solid album with maybe one or two tracks worth skippin. I guess since it's Fab, it's gon get the thumbs down.

Sheek's Silverback Guerrilla was also underrated since he's not Styles or everyone's beloved Kiss

Yea, Luda gets NOOOOOO love on #NT
laugh.gif
His albums are decent. I wouldn't go the length to say classic but his debut and maybe even RT comes close.

OB4CL2 has no replay value and like someone mentioned, it dropped in the wrong era.

I think ppl underrate Loso's Way. For what it's worth, it's a pretty solid album with maybe one or two tracks worth skippin. I guess since it's Fab, it's gon get the thumbs down.

Sheek's Silverback Guerrilla was also underrated since he's not Styles or everyone's beloved Kiss

808.jpg

Visited this last week and realized this album didn't get as much hype as Late Registration. Imo 808s and Heartbreak was better.
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom