Evidence that Jordan is slipping - The Air Jordan VI retro

the brand has evolved and changed over the years....there used to be crazy rushes for these kicks every Saturday......i remember getting to the stores earlier, etc. Once the internet came around it changed everything.....all you gotta do to cop a pair of your fav kicks is to go onto the sites at 12AM......avoid the overnight lines...the cold nights....keeping in mind that each store only receives about 30-40 jordans per release and then obviously even fewer per size, etc. i'm just amazed that the brand continues to thrive even though Jordan hasn't played in 7 years!

Originally Posted by littledesbball23

i think the black varsity reds are pretty hot.... they gonna be worth alot in the future remember i said it
^^ Agreed.

I'm also glad they are slightly different.  That keeps my DS OG VI's forever special.

well, really maybe Jordans aren't as Hot as they used to be. I see a lot of 1994 Jordan 3 retros not selling on Ebay. I have a nice pair on Ebay that I think is actually priced low with a buy in now and with the best offer option. It is a 7 day auction and I only have 2 watchers, zero best offers, zero questions. In the past this shoe would have sold the first day! I guess I will just keep these.

I saw the Oreo VI's in person yesterday and tried them on..the Quality isn't good what so ever but they look good and are pretty comfortable

These shoes are gonna be on the shelves for a while..I'm still pondering if they are worth $105 to me

Originally Posted by mikecabrera

i think the black varsity reds are pretty hot.... they gonna be worth alot in the future remember i said it
^^ Agreed.

I'm also glad they are slightly different.  That keeps my DS OG VI's forever special.

I do not agree. Although I do think the varsity red VI's are cool they are not anything special that would enable them to be worth "alot" in the future. They are the infrared VI alternative, and nothing more. I'm not knocking these shoes...I happen to own a pair myself. But I can't see people hitting Ebay and such ready to shell out a couple hundred extra dollars or so over retail for a shoe that already has it's hate it or love it fanbase.
grin.gif

IF the Infrared pack comes out I believe it will be a successful year. A very successful year. That pack and the Motorsport VI's would make my year..

Originally Posted by addictfanatic1982

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

The varsity red 6 didn't sell Well because they used suede. Atleast that's why I didn't buy them. And the white red 12 released at the worst time possible. Right before space jams. People were staying tight on funds to save for the jams

^ QFT...but i bought the v r 6 and love 'em

glad i purchased , love mine 
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Originally Posted by mikecabrera

^^ Agreed.

I do not agree. Although I do think the varsity red VI's are cool they are not anything special that would enable them to be worth "alot" in the future. They are the infrared VI alternative, and nothing more. I'm not knocking these shoes...I happen to own a pair myself. But I can't see people hitting Ebay and such ready to shell out a couple hundred extra dollars or so over retail for a shoe that already has it's hate it or love it fanbase.
grin.gif
QFT!  especially if that infrared pack drops. 

Originally Posted by Agent0024

We're so saturated with releases from Brand Jordan that there's no way they can be judged on one release alone, sales-wise or otherwise....

glasses.gif

Truth with so many releases (fusions,spikes,and all that other crap) along with the retro's its impossible to tell.

MAYBE, just MAYBE it has to do with the RECESSION we are in, you know, how MILLIONS of people lost their jobs and have no money....just saying.

Its personal opinion, just because you may not like retro releases they have been comming out with doesnt mean no one does, im fine with jb keep doin your thang 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

Originally Posted by Kneesh

Jordan Brand made $143 million in December 2009 off the Space Jams alone.

Let that simmer in right quick before you say Jordan is slipping on sales.

eek.gif
$143 million

But the 2010 release of the varsity reds will never compare to the infareds. They will never do the numbers that the infareds did/are doing.
infrared's also didn't drop in the middle of a recession. Also back then there wasn't all the team jordans or the fusion hype. Retroes were about (by saying about I realize there was others but not as many as today) it. I mean it's a completely different shoe and everyone just expected it to be infrared?

Originally Posted by Compton781

I saw the Oreo VI's in person yesterday and tried them on..the Quality isn't good what so ever but they look good and are pretty comfortable

These shoes are gonna be on the shelves for a while..I'm still pondering if they are worth $105 to me

On the shelves for a while? My store is pretty much sold out, we have one size 15 left....ha

Originally Posted by Guesswhozback2345

MAYBE, just MAYBE it has to do with the RECESSION we are in, you know, how MILLIONS of people lost their jobs and have no money....just saying.
I would say that is a pretty big part of it.

How yellowed are people's VR6 soles?

I have a slight yellowage... but that's just expected. i clean off the dirt/grime/street residue after each wear.

Even with two pairs, i still babies these things with extreme care.

Love 'em that much.

When the infrareds retroed they came out in limited quanities , & they wasn't any other jordans out for them to compete with. The market wasn't over loaded with team jordans, other retros,spizikes,& fusions.

Back then wasn't much of a choice unlike how we have today. I see lots of ppl with them in nyc .

i love my varsities,but i do wish they werent suede..oh well,the lakers/oreos/pistons 6s are butt tho

Back
Top Bottom