EVO 2014 - Who's hyped?

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

haha thanks for freeing us spooky

Can't believe louffy grabbed a Fei long chicken wing with the soul throw. Dude plays with a ps1 pad but his reaction timing and execution is on point

I was surprised when I tuned in too since I saw this thread getting bumped regularly in the last hour. Had to double check and look again to see it was a regular controller when everyone was rocking joysticks. I bet a few people are going to try it now too, maybe not bring it to a tourney but at least to practice.

Finally caught up with the archives.

Louffy played really well. Bonchan had too much work to do in a matchup that didn't favour him.

Still, Gen was nerfed after Xian tore it up last year for the same reasons Rose today. :smh:
She's going to be a problem. I would love to see the match with Xian that sent him to losers though.

Look at the trail of bodies though.

W - CafeID|Such (USA)
W - TBG|Kid Kamikaze (USA)
W - DSC|Sonoyono (USA)
W - TIC|Zicca (MEX)
W - Dcade (CAN?)
W - UTJ (USA)
L - RZR|Xian (SNG)
W - Tokido (JPN)
W - Misse (JPN)
W - MCZ|Mago (JPN)
W - Eita (JPN)
W - FGC|Pugera (JPN)
W - EG|Momochi (JPN)
W - RZR|Gackt (SNG)
W - RG|Snake Eyez (USA)
W - Fuudo (JPN)
W - Bonchan (JPN)
W - Bonchan (JPN)

Good to finally see Europe on the map though for SFIV.
France before US :lol:

Going to Marvel, it's apparently dead but topped the view count again at 150K :pimp:

The finals was epic, Justin starting Storm instead of Wolverine was the key.

This for me is where Justin won it. Just Clutch against FChamp
schudi.gif

I loved his celebration too :lol:
ivFwTZEqZy7LR.gif

Thoroughly deserved, no Vergil, no Zero , just X-MEN!!

J Wong got a pretty decent looking chick too I believe...

That Morrigan character for Marvel is hella cheesy though :smh:

I don't really follow it like that but she just seems like she's a cheap character to use.

Waiting to see if this snake eyes dude is the real deal.

It's Morrigan plus Doom that's the problem but even still, no one plays her like Chris does.

That's why Zangief players need to pick up a secondary character. Good Fei's outfootsie Gief easy. That's an uphill battle.

If I was Snake Eyez, I would've mixed up my movement with some neutral jumps. Him staying put made it that much easier for Fuudo to keep him at bay.

Fuudo is too good, I don't think neutral jumps would have helped Snaekeyes.
He also uses Oni for matchups that are really tough for Zangief but at that stage of the tournament, it's best to stick to your main.

Last edited:
So what ? I watched smash too I don't even play that game. Same with blazeblu and Tekken

:lol: one evo moment and the game is good.......Mvc3 is still trash.

Last edited:
The Blazblu Grand Final yesterday was epic. 

By far the best final and I usually dont even watch Blazblu.

Rewatching UMVC3 finals, why was FChamp using Doom rocks and not missiles? 

Fuudo is too good, I don't think neutral jumps would have helped Snaekeyes.
He also uses Oni for matchups that are really tough for Zangief but at that stage of the tournament, it's best to stick to your main.

I play the game and use the character enough to think it would. Agree to disagree I suppose.

Mostly to slow down Justin's Wolverine. Wolverine is lame to me, meh

My personal favorite match of marvel:

Last edited:
He tends to vary which assist he uses for Doom.

Like Sosly said it helps keep wolverine at bay and because rocks are slower it made a lot of Magneto's approaches safe too so he could go in for the mix up.

I play the game and use the character enough to think it would. Agree to disagree I suppose.

What I meant is that it won't help Snakeyes versus Fuudo because Fuudo is too good, no that it won't help in the Zangief vs Fei-Long matchup.

I've been watching Justin's Storm for a while and I'm amazed at how well he combos off of low M. And he abuses that hail super just like in marvel 2. Justin exposed Chris G AGAIN with a BnB wolverine. I've had my beefs with Justin and was talking a lot of ish to him when he came to ATL but he's the king of marvel, hands down.

Wasn't impressed with ultra this year. Not familiar with either player in the finals but was partially impressed by the winners rose. My brother plays rose and I've seen some pretty nasty soul spiral set ups but soul satellite is cheesy so eh

Last edited:
They definitely need to nerf rose.

I used to cheese shoto players in Alpha 3 with her :lol:

Dudes would be tight throwing fireballs and I absorb it to build my super meter.

I'm happy to see different characters make it far though instead of the usual shoto characters.

Really wanted Bonchan's Sagat to take it though or Snake eyez Zangief.

Oh by the way neutral jump wouldn't have helped gief because snake eyes tried that and Fuudo already knew how and what to anti air it I know he was mad frustrated though.

You guys saw the salt from the S. Kelly vs Mago match :lol: didn't even want to acknowledge or shake Mago's hand from what I could see in the video posted from the stream.

I would also like to see PR Balrog win it one year also with Balrog man dude has stuck with Rog through it all.

Dudes would be tight throwing fireballs and I absorb it to build my super meter.

I'm happy to see different characters make it far though instead of the usual shoto characters.

Oh by the way neutral jump wouldn't have helped gief because snake eyes tried that and Fuudo already knew how and what to anti air it I know he was mad frustrated though.

You guys saw the salt from the S. Kelly vs Mago match :lol: didn't even want to acknowledge or shake Mago's hand from what I could see in the video posted from the stream.

Rose's V-ism set ups used to piss me off in alpha 3 :smh:

I didn't want to jump on the nerf Rose bandwagon after seeing how Capcom nerfed Gen in Ultra :smh: :smh:
I wouldn't wish that on anyone's characters but still, her meter gain is stupid. Louffy got 2 Soul Satellite ultra's in so many matches. Having to deal with that twice in one round is :x.

It's early days though in Ultra though and there's more balancing to come according to Capcom so lets see.

I was routing for Bonchan as well but nothing he could do.

I like Sanford but he's one of the funniest guys to see salty. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This gets me everytime :lol:

I would also like to see PR Balrog win it one year also with Balrog man dude has stuck with Rog through it all.

As long as he sticks ro Balrog, He was looking at Evil Ryu but I think he should stay with Rog.

Last edited:

I didn't want to jump on the nerf Rose bandwagon after seeing how Capcom nerfed Gen in Ultra :smh: :smh:
I wouldn't wish that on anyone's characters but still, her meter gain is stupid. Louffy got 2 Soul Satellite ultra's in so many matches. Having to deal with that twice in one round is :x.

It's early days though in Ultra though and there's more balancing to come according to Capcom so lets see.

I was routing for Bonchan as well but nothing he could do.

I like Sanford but he's one of the funniest guys to see salty. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This gets me everytime :lol:

As long as he sticks ro Balrog, He was looking at Evil Ryu but I think he should stay with Rog.

I don't blame him for trying out other characters because there isn't much Balrog can do against certain players so he, as well as others, have to have other characters in the pocket against fighters their main characters don't match up well with.

They need to buff Ken already he's hasn't really been used or a staple in any of the iterations of SF4 yet.

Back
Top Bottom