EVO 2014 - Who's hyped?

I don't blame him for trying out other characters because there isn't much Balrog can do against certain players so he, as well as others, have to have other characters in the pocket against fighters their main characters don't match up well with.

They need to buff Ken already he's hasn't really been used or a staple in any of the iterations of SF4 yet.

Momochi won SEA with Ken few weeks back and reached the finals in CEO but yea you're right, I doubt we'll see much of him compared to the other shoto's.

so theres more fights coming? or is it over?

It's over

Last edited:
What I meant is that it won't help Snakeyes versus Fuudo because Fuudo is too good, no that it won't help in the Zangief vs Fei-Long matchup.

And that's exactly what I mean. I've gone sets with an SF4 EVO champ before and I got too caught up in who was on the sticks rather than thinking about what options the character had available at the time.

It looked like Snake Eyez was caught in the same trap. Fuudo's skill doesn't magically give Fei more range on his cr.HP or give him faster rekkas. At the space Snake was working at against Fei, he had options to mix up his mobility/space control which could have opened up other opportunities for damage besides cr. MK into light SPD.

How did my dude FlashHouse do?

And where's robgva at?

Even though he lost, can it really be argued against that Champ is the best Marvel player?

Yes, I'll take Chris G over Champ. Even though all three are starting to distance themselves from everyone else.

I feel like I asked this lat year but why does everyone hate people who use Zero. like Flocker for example

I personally do not mind Flocker's team with Vergil + Hawkeye. I don't play Zero, so someone else can chime in. But I know he has ridiculous mixups with the right assist or by himself, he truly turns marvel into a one player game - just needs about 2-3 bars for one-combo death lightning loops. He also looks funny when trying to plink/wave dash forward :lol:

And that's exactly what I mean. I've gone sets with an SF4 EVO champ before and I got too caught up in who was on the sticks rather than thinking about what options the character had available at the time.

It looked like Snake Eyez was caught in the same trap. Fuudo's skill doesn't magically give Fei more range on his cr.HP or give him faster rekkas. At the space Snake was working at against Fei, he had options to mix up his mobility/space control which could have opened up other opportunities for damage besides cr. MK into light SPD.

How did my dude FlashHouse do?

And where's robgva at?
Agree to disagree then.
Fuudo is used to the matchup with Itabashi's Zangief which is why I didn't think Neutral Jumps will have helped him out.

Which EVO champ did you play though and how did that go?

I feel like I asked this lat year but why does everyone hate people who use Zero. like Flocker for example

Like Sosly said, He's just overpowered. His lightning mix ups, his ridiculous priority and lightning loops damage.

Hope you guys enjoyed EVO this year! I had a great time. Any NT members go to the actual event? I saw so much heat on feet, it was nuts!

Back
Top Bottom