"Excuse me sir, can you help our boys basketball team..."

Why knock the kids hustle? As long as it don't seem like they gonna buy drugs, who cares what they use the money for. Some kids are really grindin tryin to get stuff for the family. I would rather buy the candy and not eat it then hook up the kid in front of the store that always asks me "Yo dog, u think u can buy me a dutch? They won't sell it to me" I always tell them no.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

charity-e1271176339280.jpg
why Jay look like he about to swing on lil homie
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

I swear these lil hooligans are persistent. They always have the same speil. Something along the lines of needing money to fund they're basketball squad or some baloney. I never give them the time of day. Hit 'em with the
indifferent.gif
and keep it moving.

The worst part about it is all they have to offer is a rinky dink ol' pamphlet. At least hit a brotha off wit' some donuts, water, anything.

smh.gif

are you from LA? all the hobos say this..

Used to see a couple dudes out here with just a laminated printout saying "Help us fight Racism" and they'd ask for a donation. I asked them what they were doing to fight racism and where my donation would go. Money stuttered for a while and then said the money was used to buy pens, pencils, and paper. That damn pamphlet said they'd only take donations of $25, $50, or $100.
roll.gif

i think what kills it for alot of these teenagers trying to peddle candy for the most part is that they also lack common sense and people skills.

there's a walmart close by my house and in the rare occasion i go there i already know the candy sellers are going to be posted in front of each exit. i would consider putting a few bucks in those kids pockets and getting some candy but it's so rude when i'm on the phone talking to someone or having a conversation with whoever i'm with and they rudely try to interrupt and peddle their candy. how stupid can you be? you just rudely interrupted me and now you expect me to overpay for candy i can easily get for way less inside the store, get the hell outta here with that.

also most of the time these kids sound like their reading from a script and won't even look you in the eye when their trying to peddle the stuff also

Originally Posted by Jordan Freak 32

When I used to do this for my AAU team, we sold Krispy Kreme donuts and made a lot of money that went towards an OD amount of team gear like Jordan XVIs and XVs
pimp.gif
Which is why I don't even acknowledge these types of kids. I'll donate to their education, not their team shoe.

for real there be some dudes in new york that try to get tourists out in soho or something, they stand around with fruit rollups like theyre giving them out for free, dont say anything. and then when you have it in your hand "awee thanks man any donations would be appreciated, $1?". fell for that one time and never again lol. dudes be doing the same stuff with mixtapes too
sick.gif
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]straight doing people dirty
laugh.gif
[/font]

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Used to see a couple dudes out here with just a laminated printout saying "Help us fight Racism" and they'd ask for a donation. I asked them what they were doing to fight racism and where my donation would go. Money stuttered for a while and then said the money was used to buy pens, pencils, and paper. That damn pamphlet said they'd only take donations of $25, $50, or $100.
roll.gif

That ain't even the half though...  I was reading the pamphlet, cause under the "Help us fight Racism" there was a couple of paragraphs. !@#$ looked like a reading list for Black History Month.  It was just a list of names of famous black people.  Like, it started out saying an actual sentence, and then it was just jibberish, like "Help is in our efforts to end racism and prejudice in America.  With your help we can create equality for all people.... Martin Luther King Jr., Malcolm X, Harriet Tubman, George Washington Carver, Jesse Jackson, Bill Cosby, Curtis Jackson, Todd Bridges, the gay black kid from Revenge of the Nerds, Mark Wahlberg, etc..."  Before I ever read their pamphlet, I used to just see them targeting white people walking around and try to hit them with the guilt trip.  If the person kinda stopped, heard their speech and kept it move they'd shout out "What's a matter, you don't like black people?!" and they would do this over and over again.  I told money he was setting us back 100 years.  

Philadelphia is the worst. Coming right off of 76 onto market there is a huge line of them prob about 5-10 of them running up to every car they see. "We need money to start an inner city football team, or basketball team". I always just do the old "Sorry man no cash".

One time i pulled up to philly in my girls Audi TT and told them i don't have money. They threw pennies at my car. And when i stopped to get out they all took off down the street.

These kids are like 10 yrs old seriously just sell drugs or something leave people alone.

I SEE THESE KIDS ALL THE TIME....I STOP AND CHAT WITH THEM AND I TELL THEM AIGHT IM A REF...I DO MOSTLY ALL HIGH PROFILE GAMES HOW COME I AINT EVER HEARD OF YOUR AAU TEAM?

THEN I SAY WHAT PSAL/CHSAA TEAM YOU PLAY FOR??

YOU PLAY AT IS 8?

WHAT ABOUT ISLAND GARDEN?

IF I GET A PAUSE AFTER ANY OF THOSE QUESTIONS IM....
bender_pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bigsupa

I SEE THESE KIDS ALL THE TIME....I STOP AND CHAT WITH THEM AND I TELL THEM AIGHT IM A REF...I DO MOSTLY ALL HIGH PROFILE GAMES HOW COME I AINT EVER HEARD OF YOUR AAU TEAM?

THEN I SAY WHAT PSAL/CHSAA TEAM YOU PLAY FOR??

YOU PLAY AT IS 8?

WHAT ABOUT ISLAND GARDEN?

IF I GET A PAUSE AFTER ANY OF THOSE QUESTIONS IM....
bender_pimp.gif

i would love see the responses they give you  knowing damn well they just got caught up in their lies.

Used to live in a spot where vans would drive up, five or six kids hop out the ride and go door-to-door with some unintelligible mumbling about collecting money for a football league.  It was a scam from go.  Had the pamphlets and everything but you ask the simplest question and they'd melt.  I was embarrassed for the kids that these people were driving around.

Also, I remember Best Buy got got.  They let some people set up a tent outside the front door on a Saturday and people in suits were handing out information and collecting donations for some missing children thing.  The thing that stuck out in my mind was they that would not accept checks - cash only (not that I gave them either).  Next day people were looking for them on the news. 

That was the hard thing for me in HS. Trying to persuade people to buy the candy. At least I was tall so that helped my cause
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom