External hard drive appreciation

I don't have an external hd, but I have a spare 1 TB HD that I use, when I reformatted my hd it def came in handy, they are appreciated
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

portables dont need the power supply because theyre being powered by the pc/laptop

Some do. Mine does at least
30t6p3b.gif
It's a WD MyBook 1TB.

But I do love the thing. I can rest easy knowing all my movies/music/documents are safe
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

portables dont need the power supply because theyre being powered by the pc/laptop

Some do. Mine does at least
30t6p3b.gif
It's a WD MyBook 1TB.

But I do love the thing. I can rest easy knowing all my movies/music/documents are safe
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by IYE2

ATLien Seeko said:
But they die so quick... The fail rate on externals is unbelieveable.

Its beacuse the power supply, ppl leave them on all the time mostly.

Isn't there an option to turn them off? I'm pretty sure that I did this with mine so that it turns off automatically after a couple of minutes when it isn't being used. That way you don't have to physically unplug it.

Originally Posted by IYE2

ATLien Seeko said:

Its beacuse the power supply, ppl leave them on all the time mostly.

Isn't there an option to turn them off? I'm pretty sure that I did this with mine so that it turns off automatically after a couple of minutes when it isn't being used. That way you don't have to physically unplug it.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

I've got a 500GB Western Digital Book Drive that's been working since Black Friday 2005 and I just got a Seagate FreeAgent 1TBHD (it idles and shuts off automatically after 15 mins of no use). One of the main reasons the Western Digital still works is because I NEVER left it on and unplugged both the USB and the power supply whenever it wasn't in use. You also have to mind it's environmental temperature as well but it's been a life saver. With the 1TB I can alleviate some of the space on the Western Digital as well since it all but empty (like 20GB remaining).

As far as my Desktop/Laptops are concerned they both have two drives, one for the OS and one for storage and I'm thinking about acquiring a Solid State Drive for the laptop for a decent price.

And I just got a Premium Hotfile account...there will be Blu Ray Rips.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

I've got a 500GB Western Digital Book Drive that's been working since Black Friday 2005 and I just got a Seagate FreeAgent 1TBHD (it idles and shuts off automatically after 15 mins of no use). One of the main reasons the Western Digital still works is because I NEVER left it on and unplugged both the USB and the power supply whenever it wasn't in use. You also have to mind it's environmental temperature as well but it's been a life saver. With the 1TB I can alleviate some of the space on the Western Digital as well since it all but empty (like 20GB remaining).

As far as my Desktop/Laptops are concerned they both have two drives, one for the OS and one for storage and I'm thinking about acquiring a Solid State Drive for the laptop for a decent price.

And I just got a Premium Hotfile account...there will be Blu Ray Rips.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

uppin so i dont have to make a new thread.

so i got an external hard drive, iomega 1tb ...i have literally no room on my C drive

which is makin my computer basically unusable...how do i use this NEW hard drive and make my comp usuable again? thanks for yall help. ( i cant even dl itunes cause i have no room...)

Originally Posted by jthagreat

uppin so i dont have to make a new thread.

so i got an external hard drive, iomega 1tb ...i have literally no room on my C drive

which is makin my computer basically unusable...how do i use this NEW hard drive and make my comp usuable again? thanks for yall help. ( i cant even dl itunes cause i have no room...)

My 1tb hd is down now smh gotta take it to data recovery gonna be like 1,000 smh so ex hd arent always good this time imma back it up on another hd and put it in the clouds

My 1tb hd is down now smh gotta take it to data recovery gonna be like 1,000 smh so ex hd arent always good this time imma back it up on another hd and put it in the clouds

I bought a 1TB HDD and an external enclosure. Helps so much when Im reformatting/building a PC. Havent backed up my PC though...

Also accidentally knocked it off the table a few times. Still works.

I bought a 1TB HDD and an external enclosure. Helps so much when Im reformatting/building a PC. Havent backed up my PC though...

Also accidentally knocked it off the table a few times. Still works.

Anybody have recommedations for a 1tb harddrive with firewire 800?

Anybody have recommedations for a 1tb harddrive with firewire 800?

I'm looking to purchase my first external hard drive this black Friday. I had my computer crash on me and lost all of music, movies and pictures (HS prom, HS and College graduation, college trips, family vacations, weddings, etc
frown.gif
).

Can anyone recommend me a good one to purchase?

I'm looking to purchase my first external hard drive this black Friday. I had my computer crash on me and lost all of music, movies and pictures (HS prom, HS and College graduation, college trips, family vacations, weddings, etc
frown.gif
).

Can anyone recommend me a good one to purchase?

Back
Top Bottom