External hard drive appreciation

I'm in need of an external hd. Anyway I can stream music/videos around my house?I want to streamstuff from my external over to my ps3 or MacBook.

I'm in need of an external hd. Anyway I can stream music/videos around my house?I want to streamstuff from my external over to my ps3 or MacBook.

I dont wanna be nosy BUT I do wanna know what kinda files and ETC you guys are using that you need multiple terabyte Ext HD's

I back up about 5K+ songs, pics and some other programs I have all on my 120GB WD Passport, and have plenty space to spare.

I dont wanna be nosy BUT I do wanna know what kinda files and ETC you guys are using that you need multiple terabyte Ext HD's

I back up about 5K+ songs, pics and some other programs I have all on my 120GB WD Passport, and have plenty space to spare.

Originally Posted by davizzy

I don't know about streaming, but you can directly connect a HD to a PS3 and play movies off of it.

Originally Posted by davizzy

I don't know about streaming, but you can directly connect a HD to a PS3 and play movies off of it.

Originally Posted by throwback1718

250GB Mac HDD:
TV shows/Movies:181.82GB
iTunes Library:16.86GB
Remaining:8.11GB

500GB Mypassport Studio:
Anime:23.46GB
Backup:217GB
Movies:40.69GB
Vids:200.49GB
Remaining:24.54GB

Tons upon tons of HD video.
To give you an idea:
Inception=5GB 720p
Inception=8GB 1080p
I'm in the market for  a 1TB-500GB External HD.
I'll probably buy another 500GB Mypassport Studio.

250GB Mac HDD:
TV shows/Movies:181.82GB
iTunes Library:16.86GB
Remaining:8.11GB

500GB Mypassport Studio:
Anime:23.46GB
Backup:217GB
Movies:40.69GB
Vids:200.49GB
Remaining:24.54GB

Tons upon tons of HD video.
To give you an idea:
Inception=5GB 720p
Inception=8GB 1080p
I'm in the market for  a 1TB-500GB External HD.
I'll probably buy another 500GB Mypassport Studio.

Back up storage is appreciated whether it is internal external usb or network. I highly recommend getting an ssd and a massive storage combo. You wouldnt believe how much of a difference ssd makes when it comes to performance. People always talking about cores but they are fast enough for everyday computing. Ssd upgrade is where you see true performance upgade and its going to be a hot item in black friday. Get an ssd to boot and install programs and bundle it with secondary storage for the high capacity media stuff. They should be 100 or less for a 64gb ssd in bf

Back up storage is appreciated whether it is internal external usb or network. I highly recommend getting an ssd and a massive storage combo. You wouldnt believe how much of a difference ssd makes when it comes to performance. People always talking about cores but they are fast enough for everyday computing. Ssd upgrade is where you see true performance upgade and its going to be a hot item in black friday. Get an ssd to boot and install programs and bundle it with secondary storage for the high capacity media stuff. They should be 100 or less for a 64gb ssd in bf

Got my 60gb G.Skill Sandforce SSD for $60 bucks. (bought 5 and resold 3 for $300)
pimp.gif

285 mb/s read
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

275 mb/s write
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

and my 1tb WD Green internal for storage and backups.
pimp.gif

Got my 60gb G.Skill Sandforce SSD for $60 bucks. (bought 5 and resold 3 for $300)
pimp.gif

285 mb/s read
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

275 mb/s write
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

and my 1tb WD Green internal for storage and backups.
pimp.gif

RAW Photos.  Each pic is around 12mb.  A typical 1hr shoot, I can take up to 300+ pix = 8gb CF card which I transfer immediately to backup drive once I get home.

RAW Photos.  Each pic is around 12mb.  A typical 1hr shoot, I can take up to 300+ pix = 8gb CF card which I transfer immediately to backup drive once I get home.

I have hundreds of basketball games on file.
I have hundreds of wrestling matches, PPVs, events on file.
I have dozens of seasons of shows that I need to watch.
Dozens of movies.

SO yea///////

I have hundreds of basketball games on file.
I have hundreds of wrestling matches, PPVs, events on file.
I have dozens of seasons of shows that I need to watch.
Dozens of movies.

SO yea///////

Back
Top Bottom