F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Here's Ferrari's new 2012 single seater. Looks uglier than the Lotus, but I hope it's fast!
fronte.jpg

profilo_sx_1.jpg

profilo_sx_2.jpg

retro.jpg

3-4.jpg

alto.jpg

OZ Racing and not BBS anymore?
nerd.gif

TECHNICAL SPECS
CHASSIS
Carbon-fibre and honeycomb composite structure
Gearbox: Ferrari longitudinal gearbox
Differential: Limited-slip differential
Command: Semiautomatic sequential electronically controlled gearbox – quick shift
Number of gears: 7 +Reverse
Brakes: Brembo ventilated carbon-fibre disc brakes
Suspension: Independent suspension, pull-rod activated torsion springs front and rear
Weight with water, lubricant and driver: 640 kg
OZ Wheels (front and rear): 13"
ENGINE
Type: 056
Number of cylinders: 8
Cylinder block in sand cast aluminium: V 90°
Number of valves: 32
Pneumatic distribution
Total displacement: 2398 cm3
Piston bore: 98 mm
Weight: >95 kg
Electronic injection and ignition
Fuel: Shell V-Power
Lubricant: Shell Helix Ultra

Oz's Italian, right?  
Looks like the platypus/step-nose is the way to go...
Force India

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

Yeah, OZ Racing is an Italian company. I'm just a little suprised about the change. I was pretty fond of the innovation Ferrari introduced in partnership with BBS over the past few years; hopefully similar innovations lay ahead in the future. Although I think the current rules do not allow any real modification anymore.
ohwell.gif

I thank god that McLaren chose not to go with the platypus front end.

Now I wonder if thats a plus or negative for any team and if one or the other will change to the opposite nose during the season.

2012 Formula One Grand Prix Season starts this weekend! Can't wait!

Someone (else) make a 2012 Formula 1 Official Thread already!
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Or we just continue using this one?
good point. this thread doesn't indicate any particular season. Although with eddiehouse5 away, we can't change the title. 
laugh.gif

Have this thread bookmarked anyway.

I don't doubt the RBR's fast, but it just didn't look dialed-up today. Lotus and Merc lived up to the hype, while Ferrari has some work to do. Lewis's 24.9 was just ridiculously fast. Come the race though, who knows...
HRT, who didn't quality within 107% of pole, will not race tomorrow.

I'm biased, but the McLaren really is a beauty...

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

^ The lack of that step-down nose definitely makes it look good.

Just hoping both Ferraris make it in the points this weekend.

Great race by JB, but tough luck with Lewis on the SC.  Shame he didn't quite have the pace.  

Maldonado though...
30t6p3b.gif

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

x1000.jpg

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

JBWAG

x1000.jpg

Good win for Jenson.

Decent result from Fernando. Good to see Kimi back in racing form already.
smokin.gif

Felipe... man, dude can't catch a break. Looks like something broke on his car so he couldn't turn?
nerd.gif

^ Decent!? It's was fantastic, considering how much of a dog the F2012 is...! A strong performance! Massa's days are numbered, I'm afraid.

Kimi was... Kimi...!
laugh.gif
"The blue flags aren't for you Kimi!"
laugh.gif

^ You're right. It was a strong performance. I think Fernando jumped 4 or 5 places right from the start.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
Only said it was a decent result given their expectations before the start of the season.

Overall, it was a disappointing start to the season for Ferrari, considering they practically tanked last year to work on the 2012 car. Fortunately this is the longest season in F1 history, so we have time to play catch-up. Just hope McLaren doesn't run away with it. :tongue:

Yup, Felipe's gone after this season. Too bad Kimi signed with Lotus. Robert Kubica perhaps?
nerd.gif

F1 2012 News. The Austin GP track.
smokin.gif

[h2]Codemasters confirms F1 release[/h2]Written by David Stellmack
codemasters.gif

To arrive in September with new features

Codemasters has confirmed that (on the heels of their extension to the video game rights for Formula One) F1 2012 will arrive in September chock full of new features.

The 2012 version of F1 will introduce the “Young Driver Test Mode,

I hate to say it, but I don't see Kubica returning to F1. I think he should still be able to do other forms of motorsport like touring cars or rally, but in F1 you need to fine motorskills, which given the damage he sustained, will be tough to regain.

1000x.jpg

Lewis and Kimi having a stoneface competition 
glasses.gif
/
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Was a good race. Lots of excitement in the middle of the field. Jensons pace was a bit suprising. Thought Lewis would reel him in but it didn't happen. Also a shame that Michael and Grosjean dropped out so early, they were both looking good for points.

Back
Top Bottom