F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

race was pretty fun with the multiple rain stints

mercedes strategy was ****ing terrible but whatever. pistari has been impressive the last few races

it's not enough that the redbull is the fastest car on the grid but their pit crew is so good that they seem gain 2 to 4 tenths just by pitting :lol:

Had a little hope for Seb's record when Checo boxed first and had a 13 second lead...and then that lead evaporated so fast like the water on track :lol: At this point, it'll be interesting to see how far he can extend it. Winning all 10 races after the summer break similar to Vettel in addition to the 8 straight before the break would be insane. If someone else wins one random race, it'll still be a completely boring season...but the consecutive win record being broken and then doubled would be cool to witness. I'll only allow it if it's Piastri :nthat:

I'm a huge Vettel fan, but he had arguably the same level of competition as Max does now for his streak after the midseason tire change, and reliability had been pretty solid even before that record. Fangio was injured in '52 when Ascari won 7 in a row in the Ferrari 500 that won races with gaps over two minutes (lapping the entire field including his Checo-esque teammates). Schumi in '04... if not for the Montoya incident in Monaco he'd have an insane record of 13, but that goes to show just how hard it is even with this same level of dominance. Nico's 7 with Lewis as a teammate is probably the most impressive personally of the 7+ streaks. 18 though? Seems plausible and that's crazy.

I know we're all crossing our fingers for reliability (or bowling) to come into play though, but let's be honest, bowling isn't even in the cards, dude's got a two second gap into every first corner (definitely not trying to jinx it with everyone's favorite first corner coming up iykyk :lol:)

That was probably the best race of the season. I love it when rain just jumbles everything up.

Mercedes just **** the bed all weekend with probably the 2nd fastest car on the grid. Screwed Lewis in Quali and didn't pit Lewis at the most optimum time during the race. :smh: What did they have to lose with Lewis starting at P13? Just pit him ASAP. George was higher on the grid and also got screwed. Great recovery drives by both drivers with bad luck for George.

I know Max is faster than Checo, but he can't be that much faster. He made up like 4-6 seconds to Checo in one lap.

McLarens strategy was as horridous as Mercedes. Piastri is very impressive. I think he will be able to keep up with Lando and probably beat him a few times next year.

Another Ferrari disasterclass on hand :lol:. Great defending by Carlos on Lewis tho.

Can't wait for Monza turn 1. I predict some damage :lol:

1693450274943.png

I had to look it up when they mentioned that tennis comment last week.
The thing is, I don't think he's as good as he thinks he is. 😬🤷‍♂️

I had to look it up when they mentioned that tennis comment last week.
The thing is, I don't think he's as good as he thinks he is. 😬🤷‍♂️

Crofty kinda just made it up out of thin air based on a quote from years ago where Lance said he enjoyed tennis as a kid :lol: Lance even said he's definitely not that good.

Speaking of which. Do they let him go even with his father in the position he's in or they just ride it out with 1.5 driver line up. It's really holding them back in the constructors

Well, from what we've seen, it does seem like he got his seat cuz of his dad. Not to say that he's rubbish, but he's been underperforming and Nando's been easily beating him and getting the most out of the Aston. Lance has been in F1 for a few years now and we've seen arguably better drivers get less time in the sport. His dad's a very successful businessman and ppl like that, you'd expect, are usually willing to make the tough decisions for the better of their business... so you'd expect him to drop Lance if he wasn't performing... but here we are... 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom