F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Ferrari messed up the strategy during the SC. Must have pitted Charles and Carlos. Doesn't matter, that Carlos would have dropped back to P3 after the pit stop. He would easily catch Lewis, because Mercedes had huge problems to get temps in the tires.

Of course it's nice to see Carlos getting his first win, but in all honesty from Ferrari's perspective: The wrong driver won.
Instead of gaining 19 points to Verstappen, Charles only closed the gap by 6 points

Ted brought up an interesting point and that was how Ferrari were reluctant to double-stack their cars again given how it messed up in Monaco. Martin said that Ferrari had an 11s window to decide if they wanted to box Charles... they didn't/hesitated and that ultimately decided Charles' fate.

It's tricky though. You want to see them race, but as a team, Ferrari probably need to decide who they want to back for the championship. I know it's early, but it's getting a bit tight now.

Ferrari messed up the strategy during the SC. Must have pitted Charles and Carlos. Doesn't matter, that Carlos would have dropped back to P3 after the pit stop. He would easily catch Lewis, because Mercedes had huge problems to get temps in the tires.

Of course it's nice to see Carlos getting his first win, but in all honesty from Ferrari's perspective: The wrong driver won.
Instead of gaining 19 points to Verstappen, Charles only closed the gap by 6 points

Yea, they messed up. Basically half way through the season so they should decide who to prioritize if they want to have a shot at winning the WDC. I saw a post race interview w/ Binotto and they asked him why they didn't pit Charles and he claims that they left him out for track position. They had a fairly sizeable gap so I don't see why they wouldn't have pitted him.

Back in the late 90s/early 2000s, as a McLaren fan, I despised Schumi and Ferrari. It was your typical sports rivalry. It could have been any team... Williams or Jordan or whatever, but Ferrari just so happened to be "Enemy #1" cuz they were fighting McLaren. That being said, my 'hatred' for them was nowhere near as bad or nasty as some of the fandom nowadays. Anyway, fast-forward 20 years later and we have another Schumacher in F1, but this time, I genuinely want to see him do well. Was really happy for him as well as the Schumacher family this weekend. And now it's come full-circle to see Hakkinen congratulating Schumacher again.

Back in the late 90s/early 2000s, as a McLaren fan, I despised Schumi and Ferrari. It was your typical sports rivalry. It could have been any team... Williams or Jordan or whatever, but Ferrari just so happened to be "Enemy #1" cuz they were fighting McLaren. That being said, my 'hatred' for them was nowhere near as bad or nasty as some of the fandom nowadays. Anyway, fast-forward 20 years later and we have another Schumacher in F1, but this time, I genuinely want to see him do well. Was really happy for him as well as the Schumacher family this weekend. And now it's come full-circle to see Hakkinen congratulating Schumacher again.

I share similar sentiments. Started watching during that era and I always wanted Hakkinen or Villeneuve to win. Anyone but Schumacher. It was mainly due to the controversies such as intentionally crashing etc.

well it was a healthy rivalry and fans have to choose their team and driver as well. back in the day, I have chosen Benetton because of Senna. then shifted to Ferrari since I love the prancing horses and red color scheme. I like Schumi but I love Rubenz.

Last edited:
I share similar sentiments. Started watching during that era and I always wanted Hakkinen or Villeneuve to win. Anyone but Schumacher. It was mainly due to the controversies such as intentionally crashing etc.
I remember that intentional crash during qualifying but can't remember if it was at Imola or Monza but I knew that was in Italy. although I must say among the controversies, Schumi pulling that stunt was synonymous to Prost crashing his car at Senna to win the championship by default. there are many controversies that surrounded Ferrari but I still chose them only because of Rubenz. now I must say that Ferrari did him wrong and made him nothing more than a backup driver or blocker for Schumacher. fantastic driver but his career got destroyed with Ferrari.

those were fun times as well. I always love seeing Montoya retiring every time on every race. :rofl:

Mattia waving his finger at Charles post race is savage, then Charles says he was "cheering me up"

Not sure if Charles should be prioritized imo, last year Sainz took over the 2nd half of the season as
Charles lost it after Monaco.
Would like to see Carlos get it done before summer break.

LEC's highest finish was 4th the past 5 races..
Carlos has 2 P2s and a win, he's making a case even as the team is trying to favor ol Chucky.

Zhou’s car left this on the track 😳
Halo did its thing man..

78286257-4A93-4228-836C-116BB55AF7DD.jpeg

Do you guy think the Race Director(s) have a unconscious bias toward red bull? Idk, I feel like whenever their drivers get overly aggressive on track they always classify it has “hard racing” especially when Horner starts batching over the radio. Max and Perez was on some crazy shxt in those final laps at silverstone. But in general the RD(s) are so inconsistent so shxt like that is always going to happen until they stand firm.

Mattia waving his finger at Charles post race is savage, then Charles says he was "cheering me up"

Not sure if Charles should be prioritized imo, last year Sainz took over the 2nd half of the season as

Carlos has 2 P2s and a win, he's making a case even as the team is trying to favor ol Chucky.

Not sure if they are favoring Charles as they basically sabotaged him in Monaco with the botched pit stop and they didn't pit him at Silverstone during the SC. I'm sure if they got their strategy right, he prob would've picked up 2 wins there. Not hard to see that Charles is generally faster and better in qualifying as well.

Carlos has his days but I don't see him being the better driver overall.

Nah Charles has way more pace than Carlos. Max would also wash Carlos in any heated battle :lol:

In Italy they call Charles “Il Predestinato,” the predestined one. I’m not sure why he’s gotten the short end of the stick in terms of strategy lately.

Charles has always been Ferrari's golden child. The fact that they gave him such a long deal says a lot. But performance-wise, it seems Charles has also been a few tenths faster than Carlos. Carlos has done well to hold his own since joining Ferrari, but backing Charles, objectively, seems like the correct decision.

Charles is getting the short end of the stick because Ferrari have the worst strategy team on the grid. They're in no way backing Carlos, and even tried to sacrifice him during the SC restart for Charles, which would have probably cost the team the win and probably have resulted in a 3-4 for them. Just like in Monaco, he's having to go against their decisions to get these results. A little surprising Charles didn't learn from Vettel that you have to also be your own strategist while driving for Ferrari :lol:

Ironically, back in the day, Ferrari were very quick to throw all their weight behind Schumi. The infamous Austrian GP 20 years ago.

What about Binotto giving Leclerc the business on camera :rofl:
Binotto is a joke to me. That waving his finger in Leclerc's face was out of line and I don't care that he was worried that Sharl was gonna blast the team in post-race interviews.

Fact of the matter is that Ferrari blew it on the strategy and should have pitted charles when the opportunity presented itself.

If I'm Sharl, the moment another team has a fast car, I'm telling Ferrari to get lost. Sharl will never win a title with the dancing horses.
He was just reminding him that you don’t criticize Ferrari. Shame Charles got screwed by the safety car, but these things happen. It was important for the team to get back on top. Long season and Charles will have his opportunities.
These things happen too frequently with Ferrari. They deserve any criticism that comes their way. Merc has scored more pts than them lately.
Halo saved 2 lives today.

Nissany needs to be pulled from racing all together. He's much too dangerous of a driver and he seems to have a complete lack of awareness on track.

Perplexing how Ferrari has the car to compete but the only time they've won
is when Max gets hit/DNFs
Looks like Merc will get it together before they do.

Binotto talking nonsense again. Ferrari tanked in 2020 and 2021 to focus on developing this year’s car. They are in the championship like they’re expected to be after all that time working on this car.

Maybe Binotto thinks the new TD about the floor is about to **** them up.

Terrible start for Lando, car on fire 2 hours before qualifying..
Max fastest as usual, orange smoke already around the track

Back
Top Bottom