F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

DTS wasn’t enough for F1 execs. They’re going full ‘Love is Blind’.

At this rate Mazepin coming back wouldn’t surprise me 😂

(Source: TRUST ME BRO [but bro has been batting a thousand lately])

Why didn’t hulk put sifts on there at the end instead of the hard?

What a day by magnussen. Him slowing down the pack was must watch tv. :lol:

LFG, Oscar! Awesome job there.
Shame about Lando getting the short end of the stick on that SC, but did well to hold off Lewis despite the VMax deficit.

Props to Ollie... what a debut.

Max’s victory lap comms with the team are so mundane.

“Maaaax that was clinical”

“Yep…. Felt good…. Nice job everyone”

Anybody have any idea what the strategy with Zhou was? He was behind Hulkenberg…. Why didn’t they pit him right behind hulkenberg when he went in? They could have put him on softs and had him challenge for 10th…. Instead they waited until the end of the race to pit him after his tires were completely shot and it put him in the back. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

Can’t stand one stop races.

Impressed by Ollie.

Ricciardo is absolutely washed. Give up the seat already!

Why didn’t hulk put sifts on there at the end instead of the hard?

What a day by magnussen. Him slowing down the pack was must watch tv. :lol:

They were a safe bet, the team waited until kmag created that gap and they probably didn't have enough data to support the softs going as long as they wanted. Shout out to kmag for not getting lapped though, keeping P12 with all his penalties :lol:

Anybody have any idea what the strategy with Zhou was? He was behind Hulkenberg…. Why didn’t they pit him right behind hulkenberg when he went in? They could have put him on softs and had him challenge for 10th…. Instead they waited until the end of the race to pit him after his tires were completely shot and it put him in the back. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

They wanted to go as long as possible in case of a late safety car, he didn't have the pace to match Hulk so his best bet was a cheap pitstop within the last 10 laps behind the safety car so he'd at least have a tire advantage if it happened.

Great job by Ollie to bring home P7. Would not be surprised he ends the season with more points than Alpine :lol:

Also damn that McLaren looked insane in the high speed corners. Hamilton defending from and chasing the McLarens was the only real fun part of this

Also Danny Ric...might be time to hang it up. Hopefully that's Lawson seat next year.

They were a safe bet, the team waited until kmag created that gap and they probably didn't have enough data to support the softs going as long as they wanted. Shout out to kmag for not getting lapped though, keeping P12 with all his penalties :lol:

They wanted to go as long as possible in case of a late safety car, he didn't have the pace to match Hulk so his best bet was a cheap pitstop within the last 10 laps behind the safety car so he'd at least have a tire advantage if it happened.

Great job by Ollie to bring home P7.

Also damn that McLaren looked insane in the high speed corners. Hamilton defending from and chasing the McLarens was the only real fun part of this

Also Danny Ric...might be time to hang it up. Hopefully that's Lawson seat next year.

Don’t you think they could have pitted Zhou and put him on softs? That was probably around lap 35 when they pitted. Even if they put him on mediums, it would have at least put him in front of all the Williams, alpine, and visa cars. Instead they took the chance for the cheap safety car. I dunno, it just seemed silly to me. Magnussen did all that work, should have taken advantage of it also especially with magnussen’s 20 second penalty. I feel like he could have finished 11th to 14th.

Danny Ric is hella washed need to just get Liam in there he’s ready IMO.

Next season you could see so many changes other than Lewis and Sainz which we already know is happening.

Don’t you think they could have pitted Zhou and put him on softs? That was probably around lap 35 when they pitted. Even if they put him on mediums, it would have at least put him in front of all the Williams, alpine, and visa cars. Instead they took the chance for the cheap safety car. I dunno, it just seemed silly to me. Magnussen did all that work, should have taken advantage of it also especially with magnussen’s 20 second penalty. I feel like he could have finished 11th to 14th.

Zhou probably still would have finished P11 if not for that god awful stop, he could've watched the entirety of Oppenheimer in the time it took them to get him back out

How was he given a pass on this??

Same way Bottas was in 2020, they were within the tolerance of the sensors. The tolerance itself is a grey area but the sensors are what determine what's considered a jumpstart, not stewards

Indeed... officially, the transponder wasn't triggered.
And not just Valtteri, but IIRC, the same happened to Lewis last season and Seb from a few seasons ago.

I should add that I do think that Lando was lucky to have escaped a pen.... but, if anything, they were actually consistent with what they had previously done when the transponder wasn't triggered.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom