Facebook and its users changing their default pics to a cartoon to raise awareness

I already did mine 2 days ago... its fun to see all those old cartoon character from your childhood. (friends profile pic)

I already spent hours on youtube searching for 80's and 90's toon theme song... and its make you feel a kid once again.

I already did mine 2 days ago... its fun to see all those old cartoon character from your childhood. (friends profile pic)

I already spent hours on youtube searching for 80's and 90's toon theme song... and its make you feel a kid once again.

yet another ostentatious and sanctimonious attempt to make everyone feel better about themselves

yet another ostentatious and sanctimonious attempt to make everyone feel better about themselves

205tlhf.jpg

Spoiler [+]
333jxw4.jpg

Originally Posted by Noskey

205tlhf.jpg

Spoiler [+]
333jxw4.jpg
[Fab] Nice [/Fab]

I was about to say everyone on my friend list has Hey Arnold and the Rugrats. I was thinking about doing Kablam! or Beavis & Butthead but seeing this just made me lol. I wanna see your friends' reactions to that, if it's yours.

Originally Posted by Noskey

205tlhf.jpg

Spoiler [+]
333jxw4.jpg
[Fab] Nice [/Fab]

I was about to say everyone on my friend list has Hey Arnold and the Rugrats. I was thinking about doing Kablam! or Beavis & Butthead but seeing this just made me lol. I wanna see your friends' reactions to that, if it's yours.

So far only my sister's 'liked' it
laugh.gif
I'll probably get more #%#+ about it tomorrow, I just changed it a little bit ago.

So far only my sister's 'liked' it
laugh.gif
I'll probably get more #%#+ about it tomorrow, I just changed it a little bit ago.

I bet those who "don't care" or mockin it feel real cool
laugh.gif
lames and this like the 1000000000th post about it, just sayin OP

I bet those who "don't care" or mockin it feel real cool
laugh.gif
lames and this like the 1000000000th post about it, just sayin OP

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Who cares. I just did because I love 80's cartoons. I'm celebrating that instead of protesting anything (although I do believe in what they're protesting).

this right here.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Who cares. I just did because I love 80's cartoons. I'm celebrating that instead of protesting anything (although I do believe in what they're protesting).

this right here.

A friend brought it up on his status.  Here is what I wrote:

Doesn't the idea for raising awareness for an issue come from a lack of awareness among the public? Who isn't aware of child abuse being wrong today?

I understand that, to a degree, people do it just because other people are as well. That being said, me, Humza as well as others haven't for the exact same reason, to a degree.

The method by which awareness is raised is most troublesome. Awareness for child abuse and other 'issues' isn't raised through evidence, statistics, or any argument at all; but rather, in group thought and a drive to conform.

A friend brought it up on his status.  Here is what I wrote:

Doesn't the idea for raising awareness for an issue come from a lack of awareness among the public? Who isn't aware of child abuse being wrong today?

I understand that, to a degree, people do it just because other people are as well. That being said, me, Humza as well as others haven't for the exact same reason, to a degree.

The method by which awareness is raised is most troublesome. Awareness for child abuse and other 'issues' isn't raised through evidence, statistics, or any argument at all; but rather, in group thought and a drive to conform.

Back
Top Bottom